PDA

View Full Version : The Chaos Calibur (introduction art) Deleted

AzureBlaze
Feb 8, 2003, 12:12 AM
Post Deleted.

So much for any attempt. Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AzureBlaze on 2003-02-15 20:04 ]</font>

Davion
Feb 8, 2003, 03:00 PM
That's a neat pic. I remember my old Master's Calibur on DC. It had great hit % and Dark %. Caliburs look better than most rare swords you can find on GC now.

RavenTW
Feb 8, 2003, 04:25 PM
That's a very good picture. Only problem is the legs. It tends to make him look like a fat lady. It's still a very good picture.

AzureBlaze
Feb 9, 2003, 01:30 AM
Isn't it interesting about HUcast legs?

They don't go like RAcast legs, where they are sort of wide all the way around, but are instead flattish on the sides, and then pointed toward the front. I think it's because HUcast hip-base isn't as wide as RAcast one (no big feet things)so they needed a slimmer leg so you don't clip yourself...but then if you make a sort of big one, it only looks wide on the side. (notice that the maxed out HUcasts have really tiny butts for how big the rest of them is)

Because it is a somewhat old pic, I've since taken to makeing the legs look better and un-flattening them on the sides, even though it dosn't really go like that in the game.

Another menace to HUcast design? "Paint Can Shoulders"!

Zell_Hogmaw
Feb 13, 2003, 12:23 AM
he looks like a woman

AzureBlaze
Feb 13, 2003, 11:28 PM
I can't say I really find that comment -helpful- or constructive criticizm in any way. WHY? You don't explain anything, you just diss it.

How about the color? Has anyone CG'd like this before? Not that I've seen on the board. The background? Use of styles in photoshop. Any of that kind of thing. I already mentioned why the leg is like that, it's because they ARE flat on the sides, especially with that particular style of blue armor/paint it is evident.

Lendri
Feb 15, 2003, 03:11 PM
Hmm... well, I guess it's an ambitious picture, but you really seriously need to check up on some of those proportions and muscle-structures. If *anyone* has legs that look like that, my only advice is to stop eating all the twinkies. Also, the calves, they look like eggs stuffed into his socks! What's up with that? It also looks like he has some very developed android-breasts. Ooo la-la, daddy like-- WHAT NO! Ahaha, anyway, you should cerainly check out what some HUcasts look like in the game, because if I see one HUcast running around with DD breasts and thighs wider than Ragol, someone's 'gone get smacked.

And it's probably me.

Nice drawing, just work on it a little.

Davion
Feb 15, 2003, 11:40 PM
Why's it gone?

LollipopLolita
Feb 16, 2003, 12:07 AM
i think it was a good job you should put it back up. i thought it was good enough to put up in the gallery

http://www.pso-world.com/fanart.php?start=180

you should be proud of your work, take this as constructive criticism and work on your next one and improve.

Davion
Feb 16, 2003, 12:25 AM
Ya, I liked it.

AzureBlaze
Feb 16, 2003, 02:08 AM
Ah, heck, you put it in the gallery?

Now I can't rip it down and throw it out. I'm going to pull it off my website too, if the program dosn't have an error. So much for any sort of introduction.

And no, I won't put it back up, anywhere, ever, enough damage has already been done, apparently.

However, it was a whole lot more then a lot of people did. I did enter the official Sega SonicTeam art contest they had a while back, with a different piece, and it scored well, although not gold or silver. Did anyone here get them to accept a piece of their work? (I saw mainly JP art only, when looking through all the contestants--some of which were unsigned)I would say to start a topic to post anyone who entered, but with such a frosty start, who cares?

LollipopLolita
Feb 16, 2003, 02:41 AM
i thought it was good actually. if i didn't it wouldn't be in the gallery. i say who cares, post it back up, show it to more people.

Davion
Feb 16, 2003, 12:30 PM
I understand how you feel buddy, but you have to understand that some people just like to put others down to make themselves feel better. Those of us who've been here a long time see that. Now, I liked that pic. I've seen some HUcasts online that look like him.