PDA

View Full Version : Any news of JPN users playing with NA users?

the_importer_
Jan 9, 2009, 02:21 PM
If so, we could simply borrow someone's NDS and transfer the items that we've gained in PSŲ JPN to PSŲ NA :)

xSHiNOx
Jan 9, 2009, 02:34 PM
nothing has been said about playing with japanese users or european users when playing the american version. if you were playing the japanese version on rom, you can just rename it to correspond with the american rom and still play in english while keeping your items.

though if you plan on buying the retail cart then i dont know what you could do

Ultie
Jan 9, 2009, 03:43 PM
i find it hard to believe that you wont, seeing as they have both english and japanese on premade chat online allready

vincejebsen
Jan 29, 2009, 10:38 PM
@ultie agree

_Vyser_
Jan 29, 2009, 11:00 PM
Well, all we can do is hope until someone says something. Until then, back to PSZ!

Callous
Jan 30, 2009, 08:37 AM
if you were playing the japanese version on rom, you can just rename it to correspond with the american rom and still play in english while keeping your items.

Before the English version is out so something like this can be tested and confirmed, this is merely guesswork.

Akaimizu
Jan 30, 2009, 10:15 AM
However, due to the nature of chat with randoms, I'd be surprised if they go out of their way to lock regions. Playing with all kinds of players in random games, it kind of makes no difference with the nationality since the limited word select always reads the same way.

Guesswork, definitely. We wont know for sure...however, if it does connect to all regions perhaps only the existence of Japanese character-spelled names would give any hint that you are playing across region.

EU would be even harder to tell, since we all use the same names.

_Vyser_
Jan 30, 2009, 11:41 AM
Well, here's one scenario: Let's say the translation team for PSU (god forbid...) works on PSZ for the English release. They seem to be a pretty lazy team, so going the extra mile to region lock online seems questionable.

This is SEGAC after all, so we really wont know until the game comes out.:-?

LionHeart-
Jan 30, 2009, 12:55 PM
I hope its not region locked in anyway because I want to trade stuff over from the JP game to when the US/EU one comes out.

But yeah, as someone stated above it doesn't matter who you play with online because the awful word selection is the only way of communication. So I doubt they will make it region locked but you never know what surprise are waiting for us around the corner... .. .

Also abit off-topic here but what is the 'quest' menu about when you're on random wifi? Its the one which you can move things across...

x o x
x o x
x o x

x x o
x o x
o x x

Like it starts like that but you can move the o's across, each line has players name in it to, ty.

Callous
Jan 30, 2009, 01:27 PM
That's where you rate your co-players to determine your chance of playing with them again (apparently resets once you log off). Center is neutral, right is positive, left is negative.

xSHiNOx
Jan 30, 2009, 03:24 PM
Before the English version is out so something like this can be tested and confirmed, this is merely guesswork.
not really. most games you can just rename your save file to correspond with the other region's game and it will work. you keep ALL your items, save data, etc and still be able to play in english! ownage right there.

games that i have tested that works with this;

the world ends with you
zelda phantom hourglass (has wifi and was still able to copy! =p)
pinky street

im sure there are MANY more games that allow you to rename your save files.

Callous
Jan 30, 2009, 08:08 PM
That might make it qualified guesswork, but it's still guesswork ;)

I hope it works for PS0 :)

xSHiNOx
Jan 30, 2009, 08:18 PM
and once it does work. ill laugh at all the newbies that just started while i have all my godly equips muahaha

_Vyser_
Jan 31, 2009, 01:02 AM
lol, YES! I'll have fun running around with god and lvl 5 units as a low-level! :D

Jepp027
Feb 10, 2009, 11:56 PM
If you really love PSO you'll do it again. Lol