PDA

View Full Version : Fat Rappy's?

Akruta
Jan 10, 2009, 02:31 PM
Well I looked around on this site and I saw A few mentions of Fat Rappy's. Can anyone post A screen shot or A video of these (Preferably A side by side comparison with normal Rappy's). Also what is the Chance of seeing one of these?

3---Hit---U
Jan 10, 2009, 06:22 PM
1/64 chance.

Do not have a screenie, though they are simply oversized and also use the same AI as regular rappies do.

Akruta
Jan 10, 2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah I heard size was the only difference and it didn't affect item drops. Anyways why did they include this and can they be found offline or online only?

furrypaws
Jan 10, 2009, 09:11 PM
I've heard it was a reference to the ancient Genesis game Phantasy Star 3, in which there was an enemy called the "King Rappy". He was really, really fat.

They appear both offline and online, but to my knowledge (and I'm 99.9% sure) Ultimate only. Yes, you can get a rare giant rappy, but the odds are miniscule (1/32768 ) for each time you encounter a rappy. Of course, according to those rates, technically, I should see three fat Pal Rappies before I get my Heavens Punisher.

SStrikerR
Jan 10, 2009, 09:40 PM
Yes, ultimate only.
No, it does not effect the drops.
Yes, it is a reference to PS3's king rappy.

Alpha2009
Jan 11, 2009, 05:08 PM
I think since it's a 1/64 chance of seeing it, they should have increased the drops at least a little from it. But too late now :(

Akira-san
Jan 11, 2009, 06:36 PM
i see the fat rappy's at least on my 3rd or 4th ultimate forest run. one dropped me a sacred cloth lol

Akruta
Jan 11, 2009, 08:54 PM
Wow the more I here about Ultimate the more I want to play it. But in a few days I'll find out another thing I'll dread about it though.

Nisoth
Jan 11, 2009, 09:04 PM
Ultimate is really nothing. I was scared to solo Falz on Ult for the first time, but once I got to know him he didn't scare me at all. I don't think I'm scared fo anything on PSO anymore. Just check it out and get used to it.

halibabica
Jan 11, 2009, 10:03 PM
Only thing that scares me in Ultimate mode is those few baddies with the evil feathery Megid that can pierce doorways. Especially when I didn't bring my Resist/Devils...

Alpha2009
Jan 11, 2009, 10:21 PM
Ultimate isn't bad depending. If you enter Ultimate at level 60 like I did on my force, it doesn't work out too well unless your great at not getting hit.

But if you have a strong character with good defense and what not.. not much of a problem.

Falz is a lot harder in my opinion with the little spiked things that come out of the ground after falz's Rafoie/Rabarta (they get in the way) and with his faster movement/the retaliating energy balls in holy form... etc.

Edit: Yes, Megid is annoying!! Ob Lillies, Gran Sorcerers... very annoying when your sitting there blasting something away and don't notice the Ob Lilly sitting next to you, and the next thing you know your gone.

Adriano
Jan 11, 2009, 10:55 PM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm46/adrianopsu/pso1231676743.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm46/adrianopsu/pso1231676812.jpg

Adriano
Jan 12, 2009, 08:34 AM
And here's a more clear side by side.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm46/adrianopsu/pso1231761952.jpg

Akruta
Jan 12, 2009, 03:31 PM
Only thing that scares me in Ultimate mode is those few baddies with the evil feathery Megid that can pierce doorways. Especially when I didn't bring my Resist/Devils...

Oh great Megid goes through Doors!?...

Anyways thanks for the screenshots Adriano. Also I love that First Screenshot because it looks like its going for you neck.

halibabica
Jan 12, 2009, 05:39 PM
Oh great Megid goes through Doors!?...

Only the really huge feathery evil ones you get out of Mil Lilies/Gran Sorcerors/Hildetorrs/Deldepths. I don't think the weaker versions can pass through, but I could be wrong. I know they can still kill you, though!

furrypaws
Jan 12, 2009, 08:52 PM
I think all types have a slight door pierce effect. It's not far, but it's further than enemy boundaries. I know for certain Ob Lilly megid has shot through a passage an d killed me. I was only a few steps in, but that's close enough.