PDA

View Full Version : So my 8 hour long download decided to stop halfway through.

furrypaws
Jan 10, 2009, 03:17 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

I was downloading the setup files for PSU JP from the official site. I decided to do the three big ones, totaling about 5 gigabytes, at once. I started them on a Mac I knew nobody would be using.

Between the first two hours, I was on and off the computer. But, I went downstairs to watch a movie, and I guess it went into "deep sleep" mode, where it's not off, but it "suspends" everything (if I was on AIM, it disconnects me but then signs back on when I log back on). Which means the download stopped halfway through. Which means it thinks the program is done, but it's not. Which means I can't resume downloading it. Want to know the real kicker? The smallest one, the last one, the one that's about a gigabyte in size, was like 100 megabytes away from finish. One. Hundred.

Ooooh...I'm fuming. Those three are sitting there, each a 1.2 gb bin file. I made a copy of them and tried using an "opener" program. No dice.

I think I'm going to have a stroke. x.x

I' going to move em down to my Windows and give it a shot anyways, just for the heck of it. It's not going to work, but I don't care. I'm just....aghh...>_<

At least it was a good movie (Wall-E). x_x

lainofthewired
Jan 10, 2009, 03:22 PM
I feel for you man. Ouch!

beatrixkiddo
Jan 10, 2009, 03:24 PM
This is why I never enable Hibernate or sleep-mode :3

furrypaws
Jan 10, 2009, 03:49 PM
I've decided not to try. Knowing me, it'll start the installation or something to encourage me but then die out like half way through. It was my brother's computer, so I forgot about the sleep mode, but now I've only enabled monitor sleep mode.

But...agggh...it would've been fully completed in like half an hour, and now...7 hours, 43 minutes.

*sigh* I was really looking forward to getting started on JPSU today too. I rarely have any time during the week, so I guess it'll just have to wait until next Saturday.

SabZero
Jan 10, 2009, 04:35 PM
I guess it's not resumable? If I were you, I'd try to find a torrent of it.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 10, 2009, 05:45 PM
You can try Get Right.

furrypaws
Jan 10, 2009, 06:57 PM
Nope. If my computer goes into heavy sleep mode, then I can't resume.

Anyways, so, everything was going all right. I check on it, my hard drives full. Ok, I'll empty out the trash. After doing so, I hit resume on teh first one...and it restarts the download. x.x

Luckily, I figured out that if I double clicked the actual icon on the harddrive, it would resume, but...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

*sigh*

Breathe, Furry, Breathe.

What's even mor eaggrivating is had this not happened, I would've been done by like 9:30, giving me a good hour or two on the JP servers. *sigh*