PDA

View Full Version : So, the Humar...

Winterbringer
Jan 10, 2009, 04:06 PM
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Seriously, I mean who exactly is it at Sega that comes up with these stupid ideas?

"Hey, let's cram more characters in to the Sonic games, that will make them sell better! That's exactly what all the reviewers say right?"

"Sonic should be a werewolf"

"PSO was a success, let's throw eveything good about it in the bin and make Phantasy Star Universe!"

"HUmar? No one wants to play as a guy with a big sword with armor on, people want to play as 10 year old boys with long hair wearing a paper thin T-Shirt and a big smile!"

I think that's the only thing I don't like about this game though, so other than that I'm actually happy with something Sega have produced. Haven't felt like that in a long time.

Aumi
Jan 10, 2009, 04:33 PM
Blog it. (Sorry for the Gametrailers reference) ;-)

Dragwind
Jan 10, 2009, 08:08 PM
I'm not too happy with the HUmar change either, but it seems like they were aiming for a particular crowd with the new designs.

deso123
Jan 10, 2009, 10:33 PM
Homosexuals, lol?

PepperCat
Jan 10, 2009, 11:00 PM
Just another reason not to play Human... AGAIN.

Zarode
Jan 10, 2009, 11:02 PM
Japanese game...

Japanese crowd...

Plans to sell best in Japan...

Two and two?

And everyone else play into this where? And yes, they are selling it outside of japan, but seriously now. They give a rat's ass about us.

Pietepiet
Jan 11, 2009, 06:24 AM
You're going to hate me for this, but I think the HUmar design in PSZ is superior to the one in PSO

Gemel
Jan 11, 2009, 06:51 AM
You're going to hate me for this, but I think the HUmar design in PSZ is superior to the one in PSO

I second this.

Saphion
Jan 11, 2009, 06:56 AM
"PSO was a success, let's throw eveything good about it in the bin and make Phantasy Star Universe!"

Oh man, that's so true.

SubstanceD
Jan 11, 2009, 07:01 AM
I am not to thrilled about the new HUmar design. I have never been a fan of having a child protaganist in a game and the new HUmar looks to much like a little boy. The shirt and shorts combo also looks dorky.

the_importer_
Jan 11, 2009, 07:49 AM
How do you guys know he's a child anyway? In case most of you failed to notice, this game is relatively Anime and in the rules of Anime, characters can look either older or younger for their age.

This dude could be 19 for all we know.

Winterbringer
Jan 11, 2009, 11:58 AM

Hey you're actually right there.

I do hate you for that.

Shiroyu
Jan 11, 2009, 12:43 PM
I don't really like the new HUmar design, but to be fair, I didn't like the old one either.

>_>

BBonez
Jan 11, 2009, 01:07 PM
I like the new Humar design as opposed to the old PSO design. I actually like all the new designs >_>

Robot Bob
Jan 11, 2009, 01:52 PM
I have to agree with those that prefer the new design to the old one.

That old one-piece suit thing was kind of ridiculous. And they made him look like he was wearing shorts as well, only over leg warmers.

Winterbringer
Jan 11, 2009, 02:09 PM
oh man, what is wrong with everyone?

Pietepiet
Jan 11, 2009, 02:39 PM
It's called personal taste. Not everyone likes the 'guy with big sword and armor on' characters. I agree with Robot Bob here. The one-piece was kind of ridiculous and certainly didn't look like armor to me. I think PSO HUmar looks like a douchebag, to be honest :P

Aumi
Jan 12, 2009, 06:16 AM
The HUmar should look more like:

[spoiler-box]http://www.cinemaretro.com/uploads/chuck-norris-002.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Or, since they where aiming for an anime-style look:

[spoiler-box]http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9126/1192192498931rj8.jpg[/spoiler-box]

As opposed to:

[spoiler-box]http://faculty.chicagogsb.edu/christopher.hsee/vita/Pictures/LittleBoy.jpg[/spoiler-box]

(Pics are courtesy of Google, lol)

Saphion
Jan 12, 2009, 06:54 AM
I'm too busy zipping all over the place setting fire to anything that moves to mind too much, to be honest.

Callous
Jan 12, 2009, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I hate the new, snotty HUkid, too. The old HUmar is a wonderful take on a futuristic set of samurai armor. The new one is like:

"hey, since we've lost all inspiration, why don't we just make a generic anime brat and get on with our business of sobbing over Naka's departure!".

"Yeah!"

parabolee
Jan 14, 2009, 12:54 PM
This thread get's my approval!

Damn I miss the PSO HUMar!

the_importer_
Jan 14, 2009, 01:00 PM
It's called personal taste. Not everyone likes the 'guy with big sword and armor on' characters. I agree with Robot Bob here. The one-piece was kind of ridiculous and certainly didn't look like armor to me. I think PSO HUmar looks like a douchebag, to be honest :P

I 2nd that but you can't blame them, the average North American and European mind sees a male hero as a buff dude with attitude and a female hero with blond hair and double D cups >_>

Mike
Jan 14, 2009, 08:10 PM
I 2nd that but you can't blame them, the average North American and European mind sees a male hero as a buff dude with attitude and a female hero with blond hair and double D cups >_>

So you'd rather have Ash Ketchum and a loli?

How do you guys know he's a child anyway? In case most of you failed to notice, this game is relatively Anime and in the rules of Anime, characters can look either older or younger for their age.

This dude could be 19 for all we know.

All the pcs and Sarisa are supposed to be younger than Kai and Kai isn't that old. So while you could say 15 or 16, 19 he is not.

Ken_Silver
Jan 20, 2009, 07:24 PM
Lol, what an interesting thread.

Be thankful for PSU and GREAT customization. How's that for something to note?

Don't like how Ethan dressed? Change it yourself!

Don't want to wear a Techno-dunce one piece? You don't have to!

Don't want to be 19 years old and look 9 instead? You can change it!

Hahahahaw!!! Actually, I never really favored neither of the two HUmar styles, that's why I like PSU's appearance & clothing system so much. Granted, it's far from perfect, it is better than being confined to the uniforms that PSO and PS0 have you wear.

the_importer_
Jan 20, 2009, 07:34 PM
So you'd rather have Ash Ketchum and a loli?

I'll take the loli, you have the other one if it's your cup of tea.

All the pcs and Sarisa are supposed to be younger than Kai and Kai isn't that old. So while you could say 15 or 16, 19 he is not.

Still doesn't tell you what age they are, so my point still stands.

DeathMachine
Jan 20, 2009, 11:24 PM
Flesh creatures all look alike to me. You say 'little boy', I say 'Target Aquired'. You say 'Looks too young or feminine', I say 'looks fun to break'. PSO and PS0 meat characters both generate the same thought in my processor.

unicorn
Jan 21, 2009, 12:34 AM
Old HUmar had a nice design.

The New HUmar isn't superior over its predecessor, but it fits into this new style. I think its pretty successful for the most part. I really can't imagine any other design for PSZ, unless they wanted to revamp all of the character designs.