PDA

View Full Version : AotI Yak Maga or Yak Zangaza**

Atomic646
Jan 10, 2009, 11:08 PM
Which one is better and what does Yak Maga do?
?

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 10, 2009, 11:11 PM
Maga is better because Zaganza** is pointless if you're using the right element (at 1 HP you barely do more than normal bullets would). Maga is attack down I think...

Atomic646
Jan 10, 2009, 11:13 PM
oh ok thanks ^^

joefro
Jan 10, 2009, 11:19 PM
Yak Zagenga is fun and challenging to use. I'd say to go with that one.

qdd
Jan 10, 2009, 11:50 PM
Before the element update on guns, Yak Zagenga was probably the best in terms of damage. I still like using it, even though it is better to just stick with regular elemental bullets.
If I had to choose now, I'd go with Maga because of its ATP down effect.

Turb0
Jan 10, 2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah go zagenga imo, that's the one that gets stronger when you have low health. I'm too lazy to level all the elements but zagenga at 40 still does really good damage.

amtalx
Jan 11, 2009, 12:08 AM
Maga is better because Zaganza** is pointless if you're using the right element (at 1 HP you barely do more than normal bullets would). Maga is attack down I think...

Really? I didn't think that was the case. I have elements and Zagenga maxed though, so I'll see what the difference is later.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 11, 2009, 01:24 AM
Really? I didn't think that was the case. I have elements and Zagenga maxed though, so I'll see what the difference is later.
It was the case last time I tested them... before GM came out...

Anyway if a force is in the party they're gonna heal you, and even if they deliberately hold back on the resta other members are gonna need healing, unless you expect everyone to use mates to heal themselves?

Zagenga is good for soloing though, nobody to nerf your damage by restoring your HP, nobody to get you killed through crossfire.

darkante
Jan 11, 2009, 02:23 AM
Maga seems to have the highest ATT modifier and element isnīt super strong on Crossbow either. If anything, you level crossbowīs elements P.A for their status effect and not elemental damage.

So if you are just gonna stick with one, then get Maga.
I donīt know how effective a lv 3 Jellen is now, but it gotta be somewhat useful.

biggabertha
Jan 11, 2009, 04:03 AM
Crossbow levels ridiculously quick though... I got Yak Banga to Lv. 40 from Lv. 21 in less than eight hours while we had MA G for the first time. Getting it to Lv. 21 didn't take long either - two hours of constant shooting is all it takes (around 4-6 hours of normal mission play, I'd say).

Shoving the time into leveling Crossbows are cool - until you see the horrific damage Shotguns can deal at Lv. 40/Lv. 50 bullets. Just Counter MAKES Shotguns something you WANT to be hit/interrupted by!!

EDIT: On topic: I like Yak Maga but Yak Zagenga is just better against most neutral enemies. The added accuracy is really nice.

unicorn
Jan 11, 2009, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't recommend either PA for Guntecher. Guntecher makes better use of Jellen, so Maga really wouldn't benefit GT (unless you like the range). And Guntecher has pretty pathetic defensive stats for Zangaza so yeah...

I'd probably recommend Maga for Fortegunner, since they can take advantage of ATP down.

Fighgunner probably benefits the most from Zangaza, since they can't get bullets past 30, annnd its a good alternative if you don't want to level up elementals.

rayner
Jan 12, 2009, 08:51 AM
I personally like Yak Maga better, Zangaza isn't so good on a Guntecher and a Healing PM. I Use Maga as my default Crossbow bullets, unless I specifically need an element then I change them. The accuracy increase is also nice if you don't care about elements.

Tetsaru
Jan 12, 2009, 09:13 AM
Back when I played as a FG, I just used the ice bullet for crossbows to freeze the big bullet-resistant enemies, plant a Virus G trap on em, and use Rising Strike to knock them down and do most of the damage. =/

As for Yak Zagenga, why would you want to run around at near-death health just to do damage that has no elemental advantage or status effects involved?? I say just use a shotgun... So many of the PA Frag bullets are just so obsolete nowadays it's sad... >_<

Turb0
Jan 12, 2009, 09:04 PM
As for Yak Zagenga, why would you want to run around at near-death health just to do damage that has no elemental advantage or status effects involved?? I say just use a shotgun... So many of the PA Frag bullets are just so obsolete nowadays it's sad... >_<

My reasons for using it:

-Zagenga's at 40, but I only have 1 elemental shot to 21 and only like 2 more between 11 and 21. I'm a little tired of the game right now so I don't put much time into leveling things anymore.
-The health thing can make it challenging and fun.
-The only point in having an elemental advantage is to do more damage and zagenga has a higher ATP modifier than elemental ones anyway. Elemental shots may do a little more damage at 40 (idk, do they? :p) but zagenga is just as strong on anything.
-In parties, everything dies really fast anyway so status effects aren't that big of a deal. Shock/silence would be pretty nice for soloing but BLAARG!! Leveling crossbows gets annoying.

darkante
Jan 13, 2009, 04:06 AM
Leveling crossbows gets annoying.

No no no...leveling Rifles and Laser Cannon is far more! Itīs hell really.

Turb0
Jan 13, 2009, 05:33 PM
No no no...leveling Rifles and Laser Cannon is far more! Itīs hell really.

I actually somewhat enjoy leveling lasers. Trying to line things up to get as many hits as you can adds a bit of strategy to the redundancy. I definitely agree on rifles though, I tried to get my light shot from 28 to 31 on 2 or 3 days last week but I literally fell asleep while playing and ended up signing off to go to bed every time. The light shot's only at 29 now. :(

darkante
Jan 13, 2009, 07:03 PM
I actually somewhat enjoy leveling lasers. Trying to line things up to get as many hits as you can adds a bit of strategy to the redundancy. I definitely agree on rifles though, I tried to get my light shot from 28 to 31 on 2 or 3 days last week but I literally fell asleep while playing and ended up signing off to go to bed every time. The light shot's only at 29 now. :(

I love lasers, but i still feel like iīm leveling it vanilla style. :S

WildArms2
Jan 13, 2009, 08:47 PM
zangaza was used during MAG TA and is/was stronger back than then any other crossbow PA but only really solid players can make it more effective because you need extremly low hp pretty much you cant get hit by anything to make it work how it suppose to.

Even at full hp zangaza is a decent pa move

So unless they changed things since MAG only cross bow PA you need if you care for DPS is zanga

Tetsaru
Jan 13, 2009, 09:30 PM
I dunno, I tend to be rather OCD when it comes to keeping my health full, lol... that, and play an AT alt, so I'm used to healing all the time... >_<

It just seems to me that shotguns are more effective damage-wise, while crossbows are more of a utility weapon: use their Lv3 status effects on enemies to cripple them, then use a saber or dagger to deal the big melee damage, or if you're a GT, use a wand for support magic, maybe plant a G Trap along with it... that sort of thing. =/

To me, in terms of dealing damage, I'd normally do one of the following as a gunner:

1 - In cramped areas, and/or when enemies are close to me, use a shotgun to kill them off quickly and also inflict weak status effects in the process. If the enemies are huddled close enough together, use a laser instead. Usually, I'll stick to a shotgun though, depending on how fast/how much health the enemy has, or how scattered they are.

2 - Stay near the back of the party and use a rifle to stun-lock a single enemy, or spray down multiple enemies to disable them while the rest of the party wails on them. Status effects are much more potent, but usually do not occur as often as with other weapons.

3 - In the case of large, bullet-resistant enemies, as a FG, I would first plant a Virus G trap, then approach them, tagging with my ice crossbow bullets, hopefully freezing them in the process. At point blank, I would then use an opposite-element saber with Rising Strike to do the majority of the damage, as well as help disrupt the enemies' actions. As a GM, I would also plant a trap first, then blast away with my shotgun, or try to stun-lock with my rifle, depending on the distance.

Tactically, Yak Zagenga just doesn't do much for me in these situations because I have better options that fit my methods of combat. Trying to run around defending myself with a weapon that doesn't have much disruptive power, with 1 HP, and then randomly getting hit by something weak just seems ridiculous to me, sorry. =x But hey, if it works for you, more power to ya. :3

Conor
Jan 21, 2009, 05:49 PM
I personally like zagenga, but it has alot of drawbacks. One, it KILLS your PP really fast. 2. It has does about the same damage a level 40 elemental does against the opposite type. 3. It sadly has no SE.

I usually play GT, (since its the best class, of course) and I have all my debuffs maxed, so I have no use for magas. Although, if you were FI or FG and you really needed a lvl 3 ATT debuff, then your best bet would probably be magas.

And biggabertha, crossbows do NOT level fast, AT ALL!!! Once you get to 21+, they do however, since you have 3 bullets. Level 1-21 is a bitch to do though, not to mention low accuracy modifiers, low att, and low SE.