well, from what its looking to be in the NFC-AFC title games:

STEELERS VS. RAVENS

and

EAGLES VS. CARDINALS

now a breakdown of the rest of the playoffs:

AFC TITLE GAME: STEELERS WILL WIN

NFC TITLE GAME: EAGLES WILL WIN

SUPERBOWL: who gives a shit

well, i said a few months ago... "every sport has an off year." my thinking is that with tom brady out and the amount of injuries to quarterbacks in the nfl this year and the lack of consistency by just about EVERY team, this football season was probably the worst one i've ever witnessed lol. i'd like to see cardinals and ravens, then cardinals win so a team can be crossed off the list of never winning a superbowl, despite how much kurt warner annoys me. kurt can cry out another awkward "THANK YOU JESUS!" and mcnabb will never win. to think, this was going to be the manning bowl year... sigh

Sharkyland
Jan 11, 2009, 08:03 PM
I want a bird vs bird superbowl. :)

SStrikerR
Jan 11, 2009, 09:13 PM
The Eagles have never won a super bowl either, and they're my team. Two championship parades in less than half a year, that would be great. As long as we don't play the ravens, we could win.

Kesubei
Jan 11, 2009, 09:27 PM
Eagles. Please.

Shattered_weasel
Jan 11, 2009, 10:13 PM
The Eagles have never won a super bowl either, and they're my team. Two championship parades in less than half a year, that would be great. As long as we don't play the ravens, we could win.

At least your team hasn't been the Lions for the past 15+ years.

Dangerous55
Jan 11, 2009, 10:42 PM
Battle of Pennsylvania.

Phillies...Eagles...Flyers...Sixers. Hmm, I think it'll happen.

BlaizeYES
Jan 12, 2009, 02:59 PM
At least your team hasn't been the Lions for the past 15+ years.

actually, my team is the lions lol, i have to support my home team at all costs. i liked marinelli's press conferences, but he really wasnt fit for a head coach... and we're talking of getting matt stafford, which i think is a bad idea. our team needs to turn into a defensive powerhouse, we have the 1st and 20th overall pick, we need to get brian orakpo and another linebacker. we've stressed "quick, responsive, intelligent, team-oriented" defenses for the past few years... which only made our front 7 undersized, cant apply any pressure on the quarterback, and has given quite a few opposing quarterbacks the highest passer ratings of their careers. oh, and of course we can't stop the run.

and i know eagles never won a superbowl either, but like i said... mcnabb should never win. here's 2 reasons why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJtLsDgs_es

sigh. you know, i love to see players do retarded things, but picking up a phone on the giants bench is not funny, it's like jay leno type of humor... and jay leno isn't funny. at least TO would do something that pisses people off, but the only thing that pisses me off about mcnabb's "funny" is the lack of comedy when obviously hoping the picture of him picking up the phone would be put on a page in sports illustrated, or featured on sportscenter. god, what a flake. or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRtoKnzBdGU&feature=related

of all the dances you can muster up, as he had a lot of time to come up with a dance when his defense is creating turnovers against the cowboys and returning it for touchdowns... he comes up with that. it just makes me cringe at how flat his personality is.

and after 10 years, theres no hope on mcnabb's personality somehow becoming noteworthy, and personality goes a long way for me, especially with my quarterbacks.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 12, 2009, 09:39 PM
Am I really the only one in shock at the Cardinals actually DOING SOMETHING RIGHT?

(Arizonan here, by the way.)

Powder Keg
Jan 12, 2009, 09:54 PM
If the Eagles somehow win....you know what that means.

...Flyers are next.

Dangerous55
Jan 12, 2009, 10:20 PM
I agree the phone thing was stupid, but he got a flag for it, so whatever. All the teams do stupid stuff like that.

Sharkyland
Jan 12, 2009, 10:41 PM
I'm kinda surprised about the Cardinals as well. It's kinda have been a slaughter against the Falcons and Panthers because of all the turnovers they had. All the commentators say if Kurt Warner can keep his cool (and not explode) the team will do really well.

I think the Ravens helped the Eagles make the amazing turnaround during the regular season. Now if the Ravens can beat Pittsburgh, I'll be more happier. :)

Ryno
Jan 12, 2009, 10:43 PM
I gave up on the last thread of regular season discussion because my Jacksonville jaguars were losing with a 5-11 record...lol

but i want Cardinals all the way..

becuase they are an old team and warner is on there.
he needs a win before he retires.

Sharkyland
Jan 12, 2009, 11:12 PM
I gave up on the last thread of regular season discussion because my Jacksonville jaguars were losing with a 5-11 record...lol

but i want Cardinals all the way..

becuase they are an old team and warner is on there.
he needs a win before he retires.

Kurt Warner has already won a superbowl with the St. Louis Rams in uh... '00 (Superbowl 34).

Ryno
Jan 13, 2009, 10:50 AM
Kurt Warner has already won a superbowl with the St. Louis Rams in uh... '00 (Superbowl 34).

Like he need another win for super bowl before he retires.

I dont like the steerlers because they beat the Jaguars...lol

nor the Ravens because they too defeated the Jagaurs...

BlaizeYES
Jan 13, 2009, 04:14 PM
i'm pretty sure i put "10 cartoon themes from the 90s" in that post instead of the donovan mcnabb phone video lol. it has been fixed. i had more than one window open, and i copied down the wrong url. it was a NOSTALGIA MOMENT and i'm glad you all were a part of it.

and really, i don't like kurt warner at all. he tries to embody "i worked at a supermarket graveyard shift before i was picked up by the rams" thing more than he needs to. just watching him on the sideline when matt leinhart started and him feigning support for him, waiting for him to fuck it up, was irritating. i know he's fighting for a job, but he overdid his toolness. i wouldn't trust him ever. EVER.

and as much as i'd like the ravens to beat the steelers, i don't think that is really going to happen. the two teams i'd prefer in the superbowl probably wont be able to win. unless the cardinals muster up some much needed vengence for their treatment on thanksgiving, it's going to be a TOILET BOWL year.

and really, i'm all for the underdogs, i loved eli leading his team to a superbowl last year, but now they are calling the eagles "the 2008 giants"... i hardly consider the eagles like the giants last season. all i saw this year is the momentary collapse of some of the nfl's empires, and a power vaccuum happen within the league. and then a handful of mediocre teams just clawed their way to the big stage, and whoever wins will be forever stamped in with the elite teams of history... and mediocrity shouldn't be praised.

that would be like a nuclear war happening(eli winning the superbowl YES against the best team in history, stopping an undefeated season), and as people around the world are trying to collect and rebuild, some african rebel army from chad and some random terrorist faction from indonesia both survived the apocalypse. as there is no world powers to provide balance and order, the two rebel groups figure this is the perfect time to seize the day while there is still chaos. they do battle in the middle of india and the malaysian terrorists win, and they claim to be rulers of the world, and they just plop a building made from cardboard boxes in the middle of bulgaria and write on the side of it "CAPITAL OF THE WORLD." the terrorists have control over everything, but they're so enamored with the title "world leaders" that they're doing blow all day and just walking around the streets, shooting at each other and fucking around, no structure whatsoever... and they dont pay attention to other countries still rebuilding and really not paying them much attention. a year later, order is beginning to be restored, and the old superpowers are beginning to establish their society again and put together an army with various equipment from the old empire. they blow up the resistance groups easily, and no one organization or country has complete control over the world anymore, or ever again.

but years later, political analysts must recognize those malaysian terrorists as the sole WORLD LEADERS that controlled the entire PLANET. because when looked at on paper, thats what they were... WORLD LEADERS. something some of the great generals of world history could never accomplish, some of the mightiest, powerful countries could never do... hitler, napoleon, AMERICA, THE SOVIET UNION, all would be ONE NOTCH LOWER than those bastards that had ONE YEAR as rulers of the world as the old power countries scraped together their legacies after the armageddon.

and history books would tell of the organization that fucked around all the time, smoked some hard shit, were afraid of EVERY country in the world before the armageddon, had no remarkable epic story... WERE LEADERS OF THE WORLD. AHHHHHHHHHHH YOU MANIACS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3U79aw2JUI

Ryno
Jan 19, 2009, 11:32 AM
i'm telling you Cardinals all the way

again i dont like the steeles because they beat the Jagaurs.

ngagerebel
Jan 19, 2009, 01:18 PM
i'm telling you Cardinals all the way

again i dont like the steeles because they beat the Jagaurs.

If the cardinals win the superbowl... The end of the world is soon. I live in arizona and I never supported the cardinals... Always a Cowboys fan... this year they sucked ASS.

BlaizeYES
Jan 19, 2009, 02:32 PM
yes, this year had sucked ass. i still think that the steelers will win the superbowl, because i always viewed them as a consistent second. during the season, they lost against 4 teams, and all were legitimate losses against "better" teams. it's like they were belgium, all teams would have to pass through them before taking on the superpower... but the steelers have good team, just not "great." defensively, they're the best(not the ravens type of defense but just consistently like an oak tree), but i still question their offense as being all that great. ben assburgers has had 2 games with a perfect passer rating in his career, and he's rated one of the top quarterbacks in the nfl... which if you think about all the quarterbacks better than him, its odd... two games with a PERFECT PASSER RATING. but with him, something just seems off, even when i liked the steelers for 2 years back in 05-06, thinking that its was because he was still a rookie... but he's just gave off the "mcnabb" vibe to me.

speaking of mcnabb, watching mcnabb within 3 minutes to go, down by a touchdown on that drive, i LOVED seeing the camera zoom in on his face... the look on his face WAS NOT THE LOOK OF A CONFIDENT GENERAL LEADING HIS TROOPS TO VICTORY. it was the look of worry, praying that he would not be the one to overthrow a route(like he did more than once on CRUCIAL throws that could have won the game for the eagles), praying that he wouldnt fumble the ball again... he didnt think of winning, he just didnt want to look like a loser... didnt want to be associated with "loser" when people speak of the name mcnabb. but heres a lesson if you're ever going to win a superbowl: YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM YOURSELF, MCNABB: YOU ARE A LOSER. when he stops talking as if he's cool, and sitting at home thinking of "things that would make me look cool, confident, and canton-bound," stops going home and watching his TiVo'ed tonight show with jay leno to jot down some more uncreative unoriginal jokes, stops thinking about the mid- and late-nineties when LOU BEGA was cool and sisqo still had "the thong song" and when generic bland humor was entirely acceptable in pop culture, stops coming up with more prop jokes involving a phone after his fatass runs gracefully out of bounds on a 9 yard run... maybe i would respect him, cheer for him even. but that will never happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWGJpfS3zIk

i want the cardinals to win, naturally, but i'm doubting them again... but it's up to the cardinals to if they can maintain the consistency they have had in the playoffs. for the season, the cardinals turnover differential was exactly at 0, while the more elite teams had caused at least a 15 turnover advantage. i cant give you exact numbers, but cardinals have been playing decently good... but i just think the steeler's defense is going to overwhelm them, they are the team that gives you the right of passage, of course it'll be a primarily defensive battle. i just hope that kurt warner follows winning this superbowl with another captivating speech:

http://thankjesus.ytmnd.com/
THANK YOU JESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

YES

Dangerous55
Jan 19, 2009, 07:47 PM
I wanted a Keystone State Battle. Oh well.

I really don't care now.

F L Y E R S!

Ami
Jan 19, 2009, 07:56 PM
FFFFFF- As a person who lives in MD, I was hurt when I saw the last bit of Ravens and Steelers game. Regularly, I'm a Redskins fan. But I won't even get into that. They were terrible DX.

Anyway, I don't know who my pick is. I didn't follow neither team that much during the season, so I don't know what they are clearly capable of. But I have that small hunch about Steelers. But I wouldn't care either way. I'm watching the Superbowl with neutrality.

Ryno
Jan 19, 2009, 09:06 PM
FFFFFF- As a person who lives in MD, I was hurt when I saw the last bit of Ravens and Steelers game. Regularly, I'm a Redskins fan. But I won't even get into that. They were terrible DX.

Anyway, I don't know who my pick is. I didn't follow neither team that much during the season, so I don't know what they are clearly capable of. But I have that small hunch about Steelers. But I wouldn't care either way. I'm watching the Superbowl with neutrality.

same here i wouldnt care either way who win. i'm mostly just to watch football because it's fun!..

becuase mostly i'm a Jaguars fan Home town Jacksonville Jags! LOL!

BlaizeYES
Jan 22, 2009, 04:33 PM
i am pretty sure a good majority of the football watching word is neutral right now. and steelers are obviously the better team, but maybe, just MAYBE the cardinals can make it happen. i just dont have that much faith in kurt warner against that consistent and disciplined of a defense. and i have a feeling the score will be like some shit number like 7-9, with neil rackers pulling a scott norwood in the final seconds... that is the only way i'd want the steelers to win, rackers has a broken psyche when the game is on the line, it'd be fitting for him to fuck it up at the superbowl.

whats even sadder is that next year the pro bowl would be in 3 days, the sunday before the super bowl. so much for rewarding players for their excellent seasons by giving them a vacation in hawaii, getting to relax and fuck around in an all-star game like they've been doing for 28 years. instead, the pro bowl players just get to be a little side gimmick to keep the 2 week preparation for superbowl more entertaining. honestly, if i made the pro bowl and my team lost in the playoffs... how is going to play a meaningless game surrounded by people talking about nothing but the teams that humiliated you in the conference championship? why would anyone want that instead of relaxing on the sunny beaches of the pacific, basking in the sun as you enjoy the hard work you put in for a good season? what the FUCK

Nitro Vordex
Jan 23, 2009, 12:07 AM
I'm not gonna bother typing huge paragraphs and youtube links. I just wanna see the Cardinals next game, they lose I won't care.

They win, I'll follow them.

Pballer42
Jan 27, 2009, 02:55 AM
dang its been a while since i posted here but ohh well...what up everybody heres what i think about my superbowl pick

it comes down to two things for each team

Arizona: Protect Kurt Warner and RUN THE FOOTBALL...if they throw 50 passes in this game they get dominated...they need to use the run to set up the pass like they have been doin in all of their past playoff games.

Pittsburgh: Dont let Larry Fitzgerald beat them in Single Coverage...idk why you wouldnt play atleast man under against him having a safety over the top but if they decide to single cover him they cant give up the big play....and number two they need to establish their passing game early...ben needs to beable to complete passes and not get sacked....pitt was the 3rd or 4th most sacked team this season and he needs protection to get his playmakers the ball..

well thats my two cents errybody good to be back

BlaizeYES
Jan 28, 2009, 08:05 AM
well its not just fitzgerald you really have to worry about. you also got anquan boldin, whos just as capable of a reciever as fitz, hell even breaston. but we will SEE. i really think that the steelers are going to bring sack city. but warner knows all about getting his ass sacked all day, he was quarterback under mike martz, so i hope the pressure won't bother him all that much, hes got a quick release. this is the first time in a while i havent been watching the nfl network during media week, i'm just not that fired up about this season. but still...

AUGHHHHHHH 4 DAYS AWAY. its 8 in the morning GOOD HEAVENS TIME FOR WORK. FAREWELL ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

THANK YOU JESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

http://thankjesus.ytmnd.com/

i will continuously post that link over and over again until everyone hears that super bowl shoutout from 10 years ago. AHHHHHHHHHHH KURT YOU SON OF A BITCH, I SWORE I WOULD NEVER CHEER FOR YOU, but here we are. JESUUUUUUUUUUUUS

Pballer42
Jan 28, 2009, 12:33 PM
lmao i know right even breaston and jeff urban can play haha...but yeah kurt is being gassed up by wisenhunt during media week its kinda funny...

oh well it should be a good game this weekend but im not gunna lie the NBA and NCAA bball seasons are alot more intresting to me right now.

Pballer42
Jan 28, 2009, 12:33 PM
lmao i know right even breaston and jeff urban can play haha...but yeah kurt is being gassed up by wisenhunt during media week its kinda funny...

oh well it should be a good game this weekend but im not gunna lie the NBA and NCAA bball seasons are alot more intresting to me right now.

ThePainMaker
Jan 30, 2009, 07:07 PM
I want a bird vs bird superbowl. :)

That would be pretty awsome wouldnt it.

BlaizeYES
Jan 31, 2009, 11:30 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TOMORROW

THANK YOU JESUUUUUUUUUUUUS

Genoa
Feb 1, 2009, 09:11 AM
Don't forget your 3D glasses, lulz

BlaizeYES
Feb 2, 2009, 12:51 AM
lol christ that was terrible. well, back to hating kurt warner. YOU HAD YOUR ONE GAME OF ME CHEERING FOR YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH.

Kylie
Feb 2, 2009, 01:29 AM
The Steelers were my pick. I didn't even know who was playing before it was on though, so I obviouslly didn't care too much. I also picked them mostly because most of the people at the party I went to were for the Cardinals. *rebel*

CelestialBlade
Feb 2, 2009, 01:30 PM
If the Colts aren't playing, I'm a Steelers fan, so I'm pretty happy with the game ^_^ I'm no diehard NFL fan but I'll watch games for my favorite teams and cute QBs.

Ryno
Feb 2, 2009, 07:08 PM
GO JAGUARS. Gongrats Leftwitch EX Jaguars. =)

SStrikerR
Feb 3, 2009, 07:30 PM
I picked the Eagles to win the Superbowl....eventually O_o.

Pballer42
Feb 4, 2009, 09:05 PM
i think the eagles will win if they get another explosive player on offense and a young DE to rush the passer....

But honestly...ive never seen someone do so much with so little like Donovan Mcnabb...i mean Deshaun Jacksons his number one reciever.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .........................................lol