PDA

View Full Version : Paradi or Grom?

Karazykid
Jan 12, 2009, 11:27 PM
Apparently everyone thinks Paradi is like the win button, but I've been playing with Grom attacker and it seems like it'll do just as much damage if not more, just gotta take a moment to aim it right.

And kinda off topic but, am I like the only one who likes to use Gigas Espada? Giant sword does pretty good damage, just wish there was an A or S version of it.

Xaeris
Jan 13, 2009, 12:16 AM
Apparently everyone thinks Paradi is like the win button, but I've been playing with Grom attacker and it seems like it'll do just as much damage if not more, just gotta take a moment to aim it right.

Well, there's disadvantage number one. Two is the fact that Grom may blow small and medium enemies out of its attack range before all the hits connect if there's no wall. Three is that Paradi's radius far outstrips Grom. Four is that, if the enemy survives (ha ha ha...), Freeze > Shock. And five is that the Paradi unit itself has 2 more STA than Grom.

Paradi is touted as the broken win button for very good reason.

Karazykid
Jan 13, 2009, 12:30 AM
Well, there's disadvantage number one. Two is the fact that Grom may blow small and medium enemies out of its attack range before all the hits connect if there's no wall. Three is that Paradi's radius far outstrips Grom. Four is that, if the enemy survives (ha ha ha...), Freeze > Shock. And five is that the Paradi unit itself has 2 more STA than Grom.

Paradi is touted as the broken win button for very good reason.

It's not like it's difficult to aim, just step back and hold the stick towards the bad guys.

That's only a problem for the small enemies if there's not a wall around. If there is, it does a good chunk of damage.

Groms got a pretty decent range. Never had a problem with not hitting anything cause I wasn't in range, especially since it's rare for mobs to spawn more than 5-6 at a time.

And freeze is nice for about 2 seconds, then everyone hits everything and the freeze is gone. Shock at least lasts a little longer and stops the melee attacking.

I'm not saying Paradi isn't like the best thing since sliced bread, but seems like I've done just as much damage with Grom when you're near a wall. Hell, even done good damage with that Gigas Espada.

Dragwind
Jan 13, 2009, 12:43 AM
Paradi and Grom. Use grom for larger enemies, especially those weaker to melee.

Majarra
Jan 13, 2009, 12:54 AM
yea dont forget when your SUV bar is full you can switch any SUV and it will still be there. and the only ones you should be using is paradi and sturm attacker.

unicorn
Jan 13, 2009, 01:30 AM
I love Grom. If you can get the aiming right, it can be better than Paradi. But Paradi is just more convenient.

stukasa
Jan 13, 2009, 12:29 PM
Grom is good for bosses (or large enemies), otherwise I prefer Paradi. But since I don't want to bother switching SUVs I usually just bring Paradi.

One thing I like about Paradi is that you don't have to aim. It's not that aiming is hard, but that only works if the enemies just spawned. If your SUV bar reaches full and you're already in the middle of a group of enemies, hitting them all with Grom is impossible. Also, sometimes I'll end up in a tight situation where I might die and the SUV's invincibility saves me. In those situations I don't have time to aim--even a second's delay would have killed me.

ashley50
Jan 13, 2009, 01:16 PM
You should've brought this up back in v1 before Sturm Buster/Attacker came out.

Genoa
Jan 13, 2009, 02:38 PM
I bring Paradi, Grom, Rafal, and Meteor with me.
I like to use Meteor on bosses :3
Grom and Rafal have their situational uses.
Paradi just happens to cover MANY situations.

mvffin
Jan 13, 2009, 05:37 PM
I love using grom in the last block of egg thieves. if aimed right, you can usually kill the entire spawn of vahra, which is much more than paradi does there.

Gen2000
Jan 17, 2009, 02:42 AM
Grom Attacker was always strong but you had to aim it, Paradi removed the aiming part which is why it's king now. Before Paradi I used Grom all the time with proper spacing to wipe out rooms of mobs but required too much "effort" (i.e. like running ahead of the party to make sure I get to spawn first so they're still in position after I summon it or maybe a Freeze G here and there).

Meteor Attacker was underrated too back in the day. It did almost the same damage Paradi does now and comes out just as fast.

Paradi just simplified the whole SUV game, heh. Just mash buttons, watch **** die, move along.

The Praetor
Jan 17, 2009, 02:53 AM
Paradi Cataract is the reason CASTs exist... It is the Win Button indeed, and a great EXP stealer... :D

darkante
Jan 17, 2009, 04:02 AM
Sometimes i kinda wish those AoE SUV wouldn´t exist just so that people (and i) had a better excuse to switch for variety.
As of now, Paradi really do make one self lazy, but sometimes i switch for Rafal as i love those miniguns SUV blowing everything in front of me and stop thinking of dmg all the time.

Karazykid
Jan 17, 2009, 06:44 AM
Sometimes i kinda wish those AoE SUV wouldn´t exist just so that people (and i) had a better excuse to switch for variety.
As of now, Paradi really do make one self lazy, but sometimes i switch for Rafal as i love those miniguns SUV blowing everything in front of me and stop thinking of dmg all the time.

That's why I like to play with the Gigas Espada. Hardly ever see anyone use it, and it's just fun to watch a tiny character summon a giant sword.

Smidge204
Jan 17, 2009, 06:47 AM
I love using grom in the last block of egg thieves. if aimed right, you can usually kill the entire spawn of vahra, which is much more than paradi does there.

Sounds pretty weak to me. I think my personal record was taking out three or four consecutive spawns with a well-timed Paradi.

As others said, you don't have to aim it. Also regarding life-saving invincibility: Paradi kicks in the fastest, and lets you go the fastest. The only thing that might be better than Paradi in certain situations is Sturm Attacker for the lvl 4 burn.
=Smidge=

Christmas
Jan 17, 2009, 10:33 AM
Paradi is really strong and hits the area around you, but it ends quickly. Grom lasts longer, but it's more focused and knocks things away.

On average, 90% of the time you'll be using Paradi. There are several spots that you can use Grom at, but usually it's through memorization. ^^; Even still, the places where you can use Grom really make it worth wild.

Oh, and Sturm for Magashi!

mvffin
Jan 17, 2009, 06:18 PM
Sounds pretty weak to me. I think my personal record was taking out three or four consecutive spawns with a well-timed Paradi.
=Smidge=

most of the varhas there are bullet resistant, and spawn 3 at a time. Paradi usually kills 3 1/2 vahras here. I think there's a total of 6 or 7.

Freshellent
Jan 17, 2009, 06:59 PM
Grom matches my suit. Superior.