PDA

View Full Version : I just started reading up on this game...

StanleyPain
Jan 13, 2009, 02:17 PM
I initially thought it was just basically a port of the core PSU game to the PSP, but now I'm reading that some substantial changes have been made to it.

Is it really true that PS:P gets rid of all the synthing and materials and goes back to PSO style loot drops? If it is, that would be awesome since I kind of didn't like the synthing system that much.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 13, 2009, 02:34 PM
Yes. They do.
I prefer synthing weapons, but finding them made is just fine, especially since the game is generous with high % weapons.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 13, 2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, getting rid of synthing was a great idea. Much more like PSO, just hunting the things you want instead of ingredients and junk, I hated synthing too.
Another big change would be the types, they've been cut to just the important jobs, if you see a list of the jobs and what they can use you'll understand, its MUCH more relaxed than PSU's jobs.

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2009, 09:33 AM
Definitely. Basically, the classes represent kind of an offline version of the classes. So while we have the Master Classes, they aren't the same as PSU master classes. They are more like high-power (higher weapon availability) versions of the basic classes. Acromaster and Protranser making the two advanced Hybrid classes. However, all advanced classes have a fairly high level of versatility built into them.

SeanxFayt1993
Feb 4, 2009, 04:18 PM
I r teh protranser :D i protransed in EN psu before I quit... when EN psu was kewl DX

and yeah all the classes are fairly uhhh... whats the word... effective yeah! unlike when psu first got the adv classes and GT sucked >.>