PDA

View Full Version : Mega Drive collection. what about remakes?

Saner
Jan 13, 2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.gamekyo.com/newsen29601_sega-megadrive-ultimate-collection-new-pictures.html

I guess Sega doesn't feel like translating and bringing the remakes over. but I think this is
the first collection with all 4 classics.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 13, 2009, 04:45 PM
There's a little more to it, than that.

Sega had given the localization rights to Conspiracy Games, and Sony Computer Entertainment America refused to license the remakes individually, on the basis that they were "too low in quality". The deal was that the remakes of Phantasy Star I, II and IV would be licensed as a single compilation. Since then, Sega fired the Japanese company responsible for the ageS collection prior to the completion of the Phantasy Star IV remake, and Conspiracy Games dropped the project.

Simply enough, we aren't likely to see the remakes, until such a time that the Phantasy Star IV remake is complete, and it doesn't look like that's ever going to happen. The best we can hope for is a hacked fan-translation, sometime in the next ten to fifteen years, or possibly a downloadable, Virtual Console version, a generation or two of consoles down the line.

SammaeltheDark
Jan 13, 2009, 04:48 PM
I guess Sega doesn't feel like translating and bringing the remakes over. but I think this is
the first collection with all 4 classics.

If you can play Japanese PS2 games the Sega Ages Phantasy Star Collection has all 4 in English

The_Pea_Guy
Mar 3, 2009, 05:57 AM
The two remakes look shite. You're better off downloading Fusion and the roms or purchasing the games from the Wii's Virtual Console.

Frog
Mar 31, 2009, 03:49 PM
2-4 are also on Wii Virtual Console.

1 is coming. It's out or very soon in Japan. So it will hit the US also just like the other three did.

And you can play PSO Episodes1-3 via Backwards Compatibility (Gamecube) on Wii.