PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a class to play, my friend is playing a Newman Techer

robinhood
Jan 19, 2009, 12:39 AM
He will most likely end up playing the role of a very pure techer, with lots of support and damage-dealing spells but very weak physically.

Which class/race would complement a Newman Techer best? A hunter type or ranger type? Where does a Techer fail so that I can step in and fill that weakness?

Sorry for making so many threads lately, and I really appreciate all the answers you guys have given :)

beatrixkiddo
Jan 19, 2009, 12:43 AM
Does your friend plan on being a Masterforce (Lv50 Offense, Lv10 Support) or an Acrotecher (Lv30 Offense, Lv50 support), or a Foretecher (Lv40 Offense+Support)?

If he's going to be a Masterforce, I'd suggest Gunmaster. The two of you may need the ranged capabilities for some party missions. If he's going either of the other two I would say you should go as a Fortefighter/Acrofighter/Fighmaster

robinhood
Jan 19, 2009, 01:04 AM
So would a Gunner of some sort be an overall safer choice assuming he's not sure which advanced class he's going to specialize in?

beatrixkiddo
Jan 19, 2009, 01:17 AM
Probably. You won't be AS strong as a Techer+Fighter, but probably safer and more versatile.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 19, 2009, 01:30 AM
Keep in mind that you can always change your type if you find yourself not liking it.

robinhood
Jan 19, 2009, 01:46 AM
If a friend joins us as a Gunner, then would it be more optimal to have a Fighter + Techer + Gunner combo as opposed to a Techer and two Gunners?

beatrixkiddo
Jan 19, 2009, 02:27 AM
Definately the first. Fighters can blow away all other classes when it comes to damage, they just have the occasional stumbling block that the two other classes typically have a much easier time killing.

stukasa
Jan 19, 2009, 11:26 AM
Beatrix got it exactly right. When I first started playing I picked a Newman techer and my friend was a fighter. I think we made (and still make) a very good team. A techer + gunner combo is also good if you prefer guns over melee.

buzyb77
Jan 19, 2009, 03:57 PM
Does your friend plan on being a Masterforce (Lv50 Offense, Lv10 Support) or an Acrotecher (Lv30 Offense, Lv50 support), or a Foretecher (Lv40 Offense+Support)?

If he's going to be a Masterforce, I'd suggest Gunmaster. The two of you may need the ranged capabilities for some party missions. If he's going either of the other two I would say you should go as a Fortefighter/Acrofighter/Fighmaster

Nono no no

if your friend goes MasterForce go AcroTecher.... and have a Nuke Duo.... If he go Acrotecher or Fortetecher try a FFor FighMaster or any othe melee class

buzyb77
Jan 19, 2009, 03:58 PM
Beatrix got it exactly right. When I first started playing I picked a Newman techer and my friend was a fighter. I think we made (and still make) a very good team. A techer + gunner combo is also good if you prefer guns over melee.

I agree that a gunner class and AcroT or ForteT make a good group as well

Kylie
Jan 19, 2009, 04:10 PM
Keep in mind that you can always change your type if you find yourself not liking it.
Indeed. I suggest making a CAST if you feel this might happen down the road because they make good gunners and fighters. A beast or a human wouldn't be a bad choice either, but I think a CAST would have the easiest time adjusting. I would advise you to go with whichever one you like best though because I don't think that complementing your friend should be as important as what would make you happy, and you'll be all right with any route you choose.