PDA

View Full Version : Guide Laser Cannons

Morpheo
Jan 19, 2009, 01:37 AM
New to this weapon, i want to know all about it, the best PA's to lvl, good points of the weapon, bad points, whens the best time to use them (situations) and WERE TO LEVEL THE BULLETS*.

or just direct me to a guide, kinda lazy and tired so didnt look....

*indicates most
important information
requested

Sexy_Raine
Jan 19, 2009, 02:05 AM
I'll start this off

A true gunner levels all elements of the laser, but if you're just starting off Dark Prism and Rising Prism are good to use.

Maylee Prism is optional, but it's useful for those how to benefit the party with its knockback. Experienced gunners know how use it properly. It also lacks range.

Best times to abuse it is on a group of small enemies, such as Distovas, Badira, Pannons, or at least the ones who are easy to hit in a line.

Drawbacks, takes awhile to level and recovery is a bit slow per shot.

Where to level, Lightning beasts, Sleeping Warriors.

Help this helps

biggabertha
Jan 19, 2009, 05:17 AM
On my PS2, I could level one elemental laser prism from Lv. 1 all the way to Lv. 40 using my male, Human Protranser 130/20 in an intensive 14 hours. (Plasma Prism and Grav Prism have different times to the others and so does Dark Prism.)

I used Rescuing Hyuga Part 1A over and over restarting once I got past the 10th group of enemies (around 70-80 kills) because that's when you don't really get three targets to line up easily for you and you have to pick them off one by one to get to that last spawn in the other room.

Personally, if you want to get an elemental prism leveled up fastest, do it this way because this is the fastest method. YOu are almost always shooting and the only times when you aren't is when you're running to the next group of enemies (about four seconds at the most) or loading in/out of the mission. Clearly, if you're using a Gunmaster and on a PC, you'll be able to shave at least three hours off of my time.

Finally, I had 6 Ryusaikanohs (courtesy of my play group) all at 2 grinds to do all of this leveling.

Use your Laser Cannon when you can hit three individual targets - that'll outdamage your shotgun easily if your bullets are capped and you use the correct element.

Level all six elemental bullets. You don't need the two PA fragment ones, those are just for flavour.

(Mayalee Prism knocks back while being really inaccurate and short ranged. It's kinda redundant if you have a Rifle and more redundant if you have the correct element Shotgun to deal with one enemy. If you're not a Gunmaster though, you'll have access to Grenade Launchers which totally makes Mayalee Prism something for lazy players to use. Even having this bullet at Lv. 40 won't beat a Lv. 21 Grenade bullet for damage, utility and safety.)

(Phantasm Prism has a better flinch than all of the elemental prisms making it really handy for locking a group of enemies down. It puts anything that gets shoved out of the way into a sleep status and deals nice damage at a fairly high accuracy too. Now that Laser Cannons have a RIDICULOUSLY high elemental rating, this prism sadly, sucks for damage.)

Best points about the Laser Cannon is that they are the BIGGEST damage dealers IF you hit five or more targets with them per shot. WHich is INCREDIBLY easier than you think it is when you solo or have a good team with awesome internet connections and/or systems.

Smacking five enemies for 1300+ a target is terrific as a Protranser with lv. 40 bullets and a 2/10 Needle Cannon. I can only imagine what devastation Fortegunners can do with their increased attack or Gunmasters with an extra 20%+ attack, 5% element and that faster firing rate.

The bad points to a Laser Cannon is the patience you need for it to display such magnificent numbers. Stick with it, it'll be worth it if you like to Time Attack and do speed runs where the prisms can be applied.

If you want to level them casually, use it when you can line up three individual targets and that prism will get to Lv. 40 in say... a month.

Have fun!!

Smidge204
Jan 19, 2009, 11:31 AM
I would also recommend Scarred Planet in addition to Lightning Beasts. The many narrow bridges and corridors make getting the enemies into a line much easier, especially the Volfu.

Also, I severely regret not leveling my laser cannon PAs as a Fortegunner. With the elemental boost and increased firing rate of a Gunmaster they are now capable of a truly obscene amount of damage. Don't wait to get working on them!
=Smidge=

stukasa
Jan 19, 2009, 11:42 AM
You might not like me saying this, but White Beast is another good place to level lasers. Any place with lots of long, narrow corridors is great for keeping the enemies in a line. If you hate White Beast, try any of the following: Sleeping Warriors, Sakura Blast, Hill of Spores, Dancing Birds. Sakura is actually a good place to level almost any PA but it's especially good for lasers. In fact, any mission with groups of slow-moving enemies like Boomas or Kakwanes are good for laser leveling. I haven't tried lasers on Deljabans because I'm afraid of Megid, but if you're braver than I am, missions with lots of Deljabans (SEED Express, maybe?) might be good too. Anyway, just be aware that lasers level veeeeeery slooooowly. :lol:

All of the elemental lasers are good. Level them all if you can because they have such a high elemental modifier that it makes a big difference in how much damage you do.

Spartan Law
Jan 19, 2009, 12:10 PM
Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Ztimulated? Alas Laser cannot be Amercanised (Amercanized? lol).

Anywho I'm finding this thread useful and will hopefully be using these tricks soon as I intend to make my 150 Male Beast into a Gunmaster with 50 laser's :-o with an LKK and see what silly numbers I can do then :D

Morpheo
Jan 19, 2009, 12:23 PM
thanks for the tips, and sorry for the spelling it was late and i was tired...

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 19, 2009, 01:09 PM
a good place to level any pa while soloing 2-5 lvls is seabed on the highest rank u can do it will be a pain but worth it been doing that since we got it on pc and now doing it on xbox.

PSU Character Information
DivineTenken"Sojiro" 150 beast FF(20)-Fg(20)-WT(20)-FM(8)
Dark Hadou "Sakura" 100 Cast FT(20)-AT(13)-WT(20)-MF(2)
BoogiePop Phantom 22 Cast Protranser 3
Hikikomori-Neet 35 beast FG(20)-GT(20)-GM(2)

Find me AFK on neudaiz bridge.

Billy Mitchell
Jan 19, 2009, 02:18 PM
I'm leveling mine up by using them on all the different runs I do. It's a weird way to do it, I guess.

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 19, 2009, 03:01 PM
If your soloing thats good no mtter where u run.

darkante
Jan 19, 2009, 03:22 PM
Sakura Blast is probably the best place to level lasers.
The boomas always seem to be in a line, and have a big amount of HP to boot.

I wish i could level some more, but i thinked i´m a bit burned out at the moment.
Shame...ohh well...hello there Zelda Classic..missed me?..*runs away with it*

Billy Mitchell
Jan 19, 2009, 03:37 PM
If your soloing thats good no mtter where u run.
Nope. My friends just aren't assholes and can cope with some PAs not being maxxed out.

It's weird.

fayt6
Jan 19, 2009, 05:50 PM
i herd on a previous thread about a safe spot in sakura blast. does anyone know were those spots are? just curious

FrostyBuds
Jan 19, 2009, 06:35 PM
i usually go to sleeping warriors to level them. badiras and golmoro make for realllly really easy grouping targets. plus relic edges and [B] psycho wand while youre leveling :] de ragan is nice too because of all the noob corners(safe spots)

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 19, 2009, 08:02 PM
its hard to explain but u can stand on side of trees where the roots are at also the others i can show u if your on 360

PSU Character Information
DivineTenken"Sojiro" 150 beast FF(20)-Fg(20)-WT(20)-FM(8)
Dark Hadou "Sakura" 100 Cast FT(20)-AT(13)-WT(20)-MF(2)
BoogiePop Phantom 22 Cast Protranser 3
Hikikomori-Neet 35 beast FG(20)-GT(20)-GM(2)

Find me AFK on neudaiz bridge.

fayt6
Jan 19, 2009, 08:24 PM
im on pc/ps2 ill look in to it cuz i need to lvl my stuff up lmao

Smidge204
Jan 19, 2009, 08:27 PM
i herd on a previous thread about a safe spot in sakura blast. does anyone know were those spots are? just curious

Tree roots are one type of shelter, and can be found in most outdoor areas on Neudaiz. Any tree roo that you can't walk through will also block enemies from getting right in your face, as well as block Barta. You can shoot over them, though.

Another is little passageways usually in the "corners" of larger areas. Not all of them are safe spots, but most are. These are shallow areas you can enter but enemies can't for some reason.

Otherwise, anyplace you can stand where enemies can't attack you is "safe" - Commonly around a corner at the edge of a pit (there are several in Sakura Blast). Enemy AI is extremely poor and they'll try to go straight towards you, but can't because there's a pit in the way. Nine out of ten times there will be a little jag or something that they won't "slide" past, causing them to be trapped in place. Only getting pushed out by another enemy or knocked out by an attack will get them going again.

Also note that you can often shoot things you can't even see. What do you suppose I'm shooting at in this pic?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/252/mysteryshot002bg4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Damned if I know myself. All I know is it died and that's what counts!

One last tactic is to stand just outside the spawn range. You might have noticed that enemies will only be able to run a certain distance before they vanish and respawn at their original location. With a little luck they will respawn without you running back into the zone - allowing you to shoot them as they come towards you, only to vanish before getting into attack range themselves. Sometimes you can get it just right where they will spawn and not even "see" you, standing still or milling about aimlessly just a stone's throw away before resetting. That's pretty common in Old Rozenom City missions (Scarred Planet / Lightning Beasts) where there are stairs that lead down into a room - just stay on the stairs and they won't see you!

Note that some level features (rubble piles, rock/tree walls) will not block projectiles but only movement. Useful for enemies with melee attacks but useless for anything with ranged attacks.

The AI is incredibly poor in this game. Exploit it.
=Smidge=

(Maybe I should make a proper guide to being a bastard gun user...)

Karazykid
Jan 26, 2009, 04:43 AM
While the Carnival event is running, the Polty Army room is a wonderful place to level your laser PAs. It's the last room off to the side just before you go to kill the boss. With those little dudes forced into a narrow path by the two lampposts it's like it was designed for lasers.

Morpheo
Jan 27, 2009, 09:36 AM
exactly, already have all pa's 21+ after 2 days or so