PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!

Xaph
Feb 8, 2003, 09:39 PM
I finally got my very own copy of PSO!! After searching for 6 weeks my local Electronics Boutique ordered it in for me. Now, I got to playing it on episode 1 and I have a question. I find that once you end your game and go back in at a later time you have to replay the levels. Is this possible to change? It's really irritating for its repetetiveness. Is there nothing you can do about it? It got boring because of that fact alone. Otherwise the game is awesome!!!

Thanks.

Sasarai
Feb 8, 2003, 09:47 PM
No, you can only access the first level of each stage. (i.e. Forest 1, Cave 1, Mine 1, etc.)

And you can only access new stages after beating the boss of the particular stage (i.e. Beat Forest to access Caves) and speaking to the Principal.

Castoth
Feb 8, 2003, 09:48 PM
Congrats! I just got this today as well.

Maelkith
Feb 8, 2003, 09:54 PM
well if you are only playing forest it would get really dull. after each level go talk to the principal. it will open the next area. try to see how far you can go at the lowest possible level.

if you are already doing this and it is still boring, try the quests. if you have played the quests and are still bored you are kinda out of luck. this game is total repetition. the only thing that spices it up is the cooperation of a good online team. most people play to aquire rares and to level up. in the early stages rares are nowhere to be found but you get alot of levels fast. in hard and veryhard mode rares are available. quality rares appear mostly in ultimate mode.

if you think it is boring now, imagine playing version 1 without challenge and battle modes, ultimate and all of episode 2.

Xaph
Feb 9, 2003, 12:28 AM
Meh, not a whole lot I can do about it. Can't wait to go online. But here's another question. Why won't the second boss go down? I've been shooting at it for about an hour and I got to about getting its mask face thing off. Plus spending a couple thousand on recovery items. Another reason I don't like this whole repeat the level thing because I don't want to face it again. Anyway, I'll get back to playing the game.

Thanks!

Muku6
Feb 9, 2003, 12:32 AM
The second boss dies, I promise, you're just not dealing enough damage to kill it, that's why it's not dieing. You may not be high enough level to bother tackling yet.

ABDUR101
Feb 9, 2003, 03:31 AM
On 2003-02-08 21:28, Xaph wrote:
Another reason I don't like this whole repeat the level thing because I don't want to face it again.

...I can't even comprehend the number of times I've fought each boss, on each difficulty, on Version 1, Version 2 and now the GC release. =|

PSO = Addiction = Repetition = Unfathomable Fun

Xaph
Feb 9, 2003, 08:30 PM
Yay! I killed it! But before I did that I leveled up in the quests, which reminds me, is that all the quests there is? Why aren't there any in episode 2? What happened to Pioneer 1?!?! Does it end here? What's with downloading quests? And now for my final question... how do you get out of the temple beta (I think that's what it's called) I ran through every part of it and found nothing to get rid of those lasers blocking the doorways.

Thanks!!

Ghaleon
Feb 9, 2003, 08:50 PM
I ran through every part of it and found nothing to get rid of those lasers blocking the doorways.

there are some breakable walls. the switch may be behind one of them. you can tell if its breakable if it is all rugged looking and part of the wall may be missing.

Xaph
Feb 10, 2003, 12:02 AM
Brilliant! Now, what about the quests? I just wanna know what happened to everything like the explosion, Pioneer 1 and so on.

Thanks.

Vitamin_D
Feb 10, 2003, 12:35 AM
Looks like you're semi hooked...you're not quite at the crack level most of us are yet XD. Keep playing, PSO is an awesome game that many consume your life if you're not careful lol. Yeah, the whole starting over things sucks, but it's actually better I think...you get more exp. Welcome to the World of PSO!