PDA

View Full Version : thinking of leaving

DarkEliteRico
Jan 20, 2009, 09:52 AM
Ok I normally wouldn't ask this on a public forum like this but lately I've been thinking of selling off my Xbox and my older not so flat screen HD tv and get myself a new computer. I'd still be able to have my xbox account via memory card and would have access to PSU while at work on lunch breaks, that is at least until i can repair and do a case mod to another 360.

At least with having a PC again I'll be able to play on both the US and JP PSU servers, as well as actually use all the free damn games I've gotten from work and other training classes. I can start doing art and manage my music again instead of piggyback off of my girls macbook.

So should I sell it all off and start a new, or stay the course and work my skinny ass off for another computer?

Exploited
Jan 20, 2009, 10:10 AM
PC does not cost that much money. Find someone who can build you a custom PC, you'll save over $1,000 and will be a ton better then a shitty Dell or HP

Vent
Jan 20, 2009, 10:17 AM
Let me get this straight: You're leaving US/EU Xbox 360 servers to join US/EU PC servers and/or JP PC servers?

Anyway, usually what I do in such a situation like this (where you want to do something but afraid that you'll regret it later) is to just do it. I usually don't find myself regretting in the long term. If it's your 'dream' to do all those stuff you mentioned on the PC, then do it!

relentless
Jan 20, 2009, 10:30 AM
Sell it and get a new one I say. I also agree to Vent.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 20, 2009, 10:39 AM
Hell I can get a RRoD 360 for about 20-50 bucks and repair that shit for about 10-15 and have a functional unit and still be on PC afterwards. Now to throw this thought out to my girl and see how she thinks

Thanks

DarkEliteRico
Jan 20, 2009, 11:13 AM
X-Clamp or Towel Trick?

well more then x-clamp, I want to put in better fans and redo the thermal paste even though that's a huge pain in the ass. With some of the aditions I want to put in i'll need the extra airflow for sure

ashley50
Jan 20, 2009, 11:19 AM
whatever floats your boat :)...its not bad trying new things for awhile.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 20, 2009, 11:09 PM
an xbox player semi leaving :o
well atleast ur not leavin all 2gether

but you have another 360 so im confused about the leavin part o.o

Rasputin
Jan 20, 2009, 11:20 PM
Do it, man. Don't hesitate. Hesitation is for the weak.

Gentlemen
Jan 21, 2009, 12:05 AM
Just wait and save money bro.

Rasputin
Jan 21, 2009, 01:35 AM
That's totally the opposite of what he should do.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 21, 2009, 09:36 AM
:D He's decided to stay another week or two due to the Carnival. You better stay for a good long time!

And why didn't you just come out and tell me who you are? xD All this time, I thought Elite and RahXephon were two totally different people.
!!!! I think ive seen him around b4 :o

Nitro Vordex
Jan 21, 2009, 11:35 PM
X-Clamp or Towel Trick?
Both will screw it up further.

Someone posted a link showing you how to REALLY fix it. I don't remember it though.

Vanzazikon
Jan 22, 2009, 03:58 PM
I don't remember it though.Unsurprising. :wacko: