PDA

View Full Version : Guide TECHNIC photon art leveling tips

Aeris the techer
Jan 20, 2009, 05:33 PM
Aside from the bad news recieved lately about the TECH vision cap, I have decided to start a thread for the newer techers of PSU and perhaps those who are new to the teching class. In this thread I will give out tips and ideas that have been shared with me by some of the best techers in the game, and some of my own little secrets.

In this thread I'll go through tips for leveling each and every spell and how to do it faster and cheaper than you may be doing it now.

First of all the best thing you can do right away is make sure your palette is equipped with wands and TECH MAGS. They have less lag pull and can decrease casting time, these can be found in shops in your room and certain NPC shops.

If you are a force, I will reccomend equipping an "Me / Quick" which can be found in the player shops.

If you are leveling support TECHS, go acrotecher and equip "Har / Quick" or
"Har / Smart"

If you are leveling TECHS below level 30 then you should also go acrotecher untill they have maxed out.

Fortetecher is a good way to level TECHS from 30-40, however if you can switch to masterforce, then do so.Masterforces have a quicker casting time than fortetechers.

And finally Masterforce is used mainly for the leveling of TECHS over 41.

Now let's begin with the spells.

You will find that with ALL TECHNIC photon arts, the more you can hit with one
casting, the better. ALL TEHCS will become larger and stronger (and in some cases) go further at levels 11,21,31 and 41. the levels inbetween only define their strength.

Peircing TECHS such as Barta,Megid and Zonde are leveled fastest by choosing the line of best fit in a group of monsters. In other words, line them up as best you can and fire away. the more you hit in one casting, the better.

Surrounding TECHS such as Gifoie,Gibarta,Gizonde,Gidiga,Megiverse and Regrant are best leveled up by surrounding yourself with as many enemies as possible and firing away!

Non-Peircing TECHS such as Foie and Diga are leveled only one way, hit any monster over and over again.

Spread Spells such as Rafoie,Rabarta,Radiga,Razonde and Ramegid are leveled best by picking a circular group of enemies and firing away (the higher level the version of the spell, the more you can hit, maxing out at 5 enemies at 41+).

Continuous / Spewing spells such as Dambarta,Damfoie,Damdiga and Dammegid are leveled fastest by picking a group of enemies and holding the spell as long as possible, hitting as many enemies as possible.

Buffs and Debuffs are leveled fastest by hitting as many targets as possible, if leveling buffs, you may choose to go off on your own with 2 NPC characters and cast on them, or the best way is to join buff parties and cast on up to 6 players for fast results. Debuffs, on the ohter hand, work the same way, but you must cast them on enemies. I would recommend waiting until you are a level at which you can enter a C-rank mission and not be harmed (usually around level 50-75)
then choose a group of enemies and cast near them.

Resta and Reverser can be leveled fastest the same way. Wherever there are exploding poisonous traps (such as the ones seen in lightning beasts on parum) are a good way to level reverser, just gather up a group of people or NPC characters and stand next to these exploding traps and heal the status as it appears on your characters.

Resta can only be leveled if it heals hp (no matter the amount) and is leveled fastest by going to the pavilion of air top, going to the last room
(without destroying the barta casting traps) stand in the middle of the traps with your fellow GUARDIANS or NPC characters, and allow the traps to deal damage to you while using resta to heal over and over again, if you run out of PP just go to the photon charge cube in the door.

Homing spells such as Noszonde,Nosdiga and Nosmegid can be leveled fastest by picking a group of enemies and casting from a distance. Again, the more enemies you hit, the better.

Megistar is a loner, this spell only levels by casting it on yourself over and over again.

Tips:
#1 pick a goal and go for it. I would recommend only trying 5 levels at a time doing more than this can fitigue you and cause you to quit early.
#2 it is best to level everything together, I would suggest trying to get everything up, one version at a time. All to 11, then 21, then 31, and so on.
#3 Sadly, the BEST way to level these spells, is on your own. the more times and enemies you can hit, the better.
#4 remember that in order to get more hits in on these enemies, use their strengths against them. In other words use cold spells on cold enemies or fire spells on fire enemies, etc. Its also a good practice to use weaker weapons.

Secrets:
#1 Although most people level their spells at sleeping warriors at raffon field base (accessed by completing mad creatures in parum east) Sakura Blast (found after completing mizuraki defense on Neudaiz and then the Onmagoug mission) has been proven to be a faster alternative. There are multiple "Pockets" on the map in EVERY room where you can go outside the map and enemies can't reach you!
this makes leveling spells much easier! especially the dreaded "Megiverse"
#2 Milla, the 13* handgun is also found here, Jigo Boomas appear here more often than any other mission.

This concludes my thread, I hope that someone reading this has at least learned one new thing. If anyone else has tips or secrets to tell, please do so for our newer players and even some of the veterans of PSU.

Also see the PSO-World section of TEHCNIC photon arts for more examples on how these spells level.

fayt6
Jan 22, 2009, 06:09 PM
well i guess no one else wanted to comment so i guess ill start lol
i just started leveling techs an i have to say i have no were near the patience to do it but im working on it lol anyway >.> nice thread an i hope it gets put in to the guides and walkthrew thread ^^

NOC G4ME v2
Jan 22, 2009, 11:24 PM
yes the technics do take patience >_<
main reason why i quit my techer.
nice thread though =]
theres youtube vids to help out more too...

fayt6
Jan 24, 2009, 04:27 PM
oh really ill have to check them out

Aeris the techer
Feb 3, 2009, 08:23 PM
although this thread has been in here for a while, i've seen to many people still asking questions about TECHS so...BUMP! need any other tips? let me know

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 3, 2009, 08:30 PM
yea thats the basics right there now if only people actually did it that way lol.