PDA

View Full Version : is baranze launcher any good?

flux-equals-rad
Feb 8, 2003, 10:49 PM
can it combo?
is it a launcher or shotgun type?
is it better than a spread needle?
thanks!

Remnant
Feb 9, 2003, 03:09 AM
It's as slow as a shot, it's special is Charge (uses $$$), and it shoots as a shot would. Though it's slow, it is pretty powerful and in the hands of a RAcast, it would own...I would try it out but I don't have a RAcast at a high enough level.

Ranger_Larry
Feb 9, 2003, 02:51 PM
I have one. (Ramar) I haven't used it for awhile, I was about 123 when I used it. I am 135 now...I might give it a look soon to see if it is usefull now. I has great power, for a shot. It needs good accuracy, especially for the special attack. (bring lots of $$! lol) When I was 201 ata, it missed online more than I would like. (offline it's easier to hit) I have 210 now....when you get about 215-220 ata it should own!

I differ with the racast thing....they aren't as accurate as ramars and won't hit until they are really high level, unless they wear God Arm. Besides, Shifta makes up for the power loss http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Basically, it's a good gun if you are high level, but a liability if you are low level. It's slow rate of fire will get you hit often, so unless you are high level forget it. Also, at high level you won't miss much, and the power will be tremendous...I can see myself laying WASTE to huge packs of enemies in another 20 levels lol!

VulpesMundi
Feb 9, 2003, 06:13 PM
I was somewhat excited when I found my Parts of Baranz. Then, after I made the Baranz Launcher, I started playing with the weapon a bit and saw that it really wasn't all that good. For one, it's a shotgun. I was expecting something with a little more flair to it. The shots aren't even missiles, they're the same slow-as-all-get-out fiery bullets a Flame Visit uses. What makes it even worse is that it fires only four of them, instead of the standard five a shotgun usually has. They have a high whiff rate because they're slow (especially in Ultimate when critters move very fast) and the weapon itself is only moderately powerful. Add on top of that the fact that it can't (currently) have legitimate stats and it's pretty weak overall. You're better off with a Charge (or any other type, for that matter) Arms with decent stats.

Nintense
Feb 9, 2003, 09:42 PM
Add on top of that the fact that it can't (currently) have legitimate stats and it's pretty weak overall. You're better off with a Charge (or any other type, for that matter) Arms with decent stats.

What do you mean by "legitimate"?

VulpesMundi
Feb 10, 2003, 04:21 AM
Legitimate adj. 5. conforming to established rules, standards, etc.
-Webster's New World Dictionary, 1982 edition (yes, I need a new dictionary)

In other words, short of using some cheat device to create/modify them, enemy weapons cannot have stats in E1&2 at this current time, nor will they unless a quest is introduced to do so (like Today's Rate from version 2).

Elusive_Llama
Feb 10, 2003, 08:17 AM
The baranz launcher in GC fires 5 honest-to-god missiles, but the missiles are still slow and really only useful at around spread needle range. Otherwise, it is a powerful shot weapon with additional charge ability.

Nintense
Feb 10, 2003, 09:39 AM
I see, your wording made me think there was some duped version going around with hacked stats or something, hehe.