PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Weapons?

medios
Jan 21, 2009, 07:24 PM
Ok, I'm made my first Ranger a couple days ago, and I'm not sure what would be looking for, as far as rare guns go. Any suggestions?

TrueChaos
Jan 21, 2009, 07:45 PM
red mechgun, frozen shooter, spread needle and bringers rifle are good bets

medios
Jan 21, 2009, 08:25 PM
Cool, but what would be a good section I.D. for those? I know purplenum is a good one for rangers, but I don't think any of those are listed in the drop charts for purplenum.

medios
Jan 21, 2009, 08:27 PM
whoa never mind there all there :D, I must be blind haha

zwdavis
Feb 11, 2009, 02:15 PM
The red mechguns are definitely nice, on my ranger I use the Guld Millas but I got them when I played online and they are near impossible to find. Their special attack steals HP and they do huge amounts of damage. If you are non android then I like to use mechguns that steal TP because then you are able to use spells freely and heal your self with resta rather than carrying around a bunch of healing items. When I first started my ranger I used whatever kind of gun I could find either a rifle or handgun or mechgun that could kill an enemy in one hit with it's special attack. It helps to find one with high hit % and also to boost your ATA as much as possible. This helped me significantly when I was below LVL 30 or so. Doing a lot of damage never hurts either so if you are handling enemies just fine with normal attacks then stick with that. The mechguns that steal HP are extremely useful if not vital on falz's last form.

medios
Feb 11, 2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm currently using a frozen shooter/charge vulcan combo that seems to work very well :-D. A little cheap I admit, but it gets the job done. As far as shots go, I'm gonna start hunting a spread needle once I'm in ultimate, and I'm hunting yasminkovs right now. :-o

Vanzazikon
Feb 13, 2009, 02:31 AM
Good luck. :)

MetaZedlen
Feb 13, 2009, 02:58 AM
Also note this: If you want to just mess around with stealing exp, use something like the Final Impact or any King's mechguns, use a high DEX Mag (with low power), and just go around stealing exp while dealing little to no damage.

It sounds kinda stupid but it can work wonders when you need to get the level before the boss.