PDA

View Full Version : ForteFighter Questions

Silvx
Jan 23, 2009, 01:02 AM
I figure i'll get all my info in here instead of moping around poking in other people's threads XD Much.... neater I shall say.

My basic background is i've been playing for coming up a month now I have a Lv.55 Newman 'techer' force 10, fortetecher 3 Acrotecher 4 I basically abandoned him and made a new character a Beast melee. Before I get into the Melee questions I have a few about the techer jobs. For rods and etc I notice when I make a weapon a pure element (rod all Fire Technics) It makes it's way up to 12% fire base if I don't mix any other elements and mess it up. Does this give the spells on it a damage boost or something? Or just to make it a nice pretty red instead of dull green.

Not much else to ask about techers, onto my fortefighter. I'm currently Lv48 on my BST and am looking for suggestions on gear and PA's. I don't enjoy using Sword much, the purchasable PA's don't appeal to me, and the crit timing is weird. I haven't tried a fragment PA of it yet. I've been leaning heavily to Knuckels and Axes, and recently added in a 1 handed claw.

On Axe PA's, Is the cheaper one (Can't remember name, Jugrega?) worth leveling? I bought it after having Redda level 28 for a change but I can't stand it, it levels so slow even at Lv.4 and it's only a little rush forward /hate. But I do realize it is still low level, but.. blah. Redda has been treating me well though, I love that final golf swing XD. I seen video's of Jabroga, It's just a giant jump slam forward? what are the dmg % mod on it, and I heard it isn't too party friendly:-(

I've been happy with all of Knuckle's so far (Ikk hikk lvl 21 is fun XD). I recently bought a spear back but can't decide on a PA for it, Only have 2 Fragments atm from buying Claw PA, I have the Cheap Spear PA Lv.13, Robabo is 6.

For my Pallet I currently have :
Axes - 26% fire Ank Zagza / 16% Light Okanoh (was a nice deal, 5/10)
Knuckles - 16% Dark Gudda Hon / 30% ice Gudda Skela / 26% Light Gudda Gant
Spear - 38% Earth Muktrand
1 handers 28% lightning Zaks Gabot (Claw) / 32% Lightning Fuma-Hiken (slicer) / b'duki boa (Pistol) With currently only Grav Hit (Earth) leveled.

For Line's I've been swapping between a Rabol Rappy 18% Light and a Delette Line that's 34% ice. Still getting the hang of swapping out lines for enemies like on Neudaiz, those Ollaka seem to hit for an extra 60dmg when I have Delette Line on ;x

Any suggestions? On PA's in future to purchase, to level, or weapon upgrades etc thanks in advance =)

I've also been considering taking my Technic PA's off of my Newman and leveling Force on my Beast, can Beasts make decent Forces?

Aura_
Jan 23, 2009, 01:59 AM
The rest of the combo for Dugrega is just more rushing forward but with a stabbing motion at each end. Dugrega quite possibly is the slowest PA to level next to absolute dance . Jabroken is 420% attack and 95% acc at lvl 50. Try the PA Comp.

http://www.pso-world.com/items-psu-pa-comparison.php

Lately ive been using dugrega just to level it since redda is at 40 and jabroga is maxed. Any help on where to level dugrega quickly? Possibly de ragan tail like jabroga?

Tsavo
Jan 23, 2009, 03:13 AM
Oy, lots of questions. I'll offer what I can though.

Knux are a perfect fit for beasts with their high accuracy. If you're looking for good single target damage try the frag PA Bogga Robado. Hits very fast and JA's easily. Although if you don't want to spend the frags you could pick up Renzan, a twin claw PA in NPC shops for 36000. Does the same thing and may even be a little stronger when fully leveled.

Swords have seemed awkward and slow ever since the expansion hit. Timing criticals with them takes some getting used to and the weapon itself has some very low accuracy which makes a miss all the more frustrating. If you have the patience Gravity Break is a monstrous PA when fully leveled. And if you can some how get your hands on a high grind Repca then it doesn't really matter how slow it is. Otherwise though I'd pass on them, especially with a beast.

Spears are damage dealers, always have been. If you're a fighter and you have access to spears you need to be using them. The PA that gets all the love nowadays is Dus Majarra, the frag PA. Its the strongest of the three though all are pretty good at what they do.

As far as Axes go Durega no longer has a place like it used to. Fighters used to use it to ground things like Tengoghs or knock over enmies that don't scatter. The game has gotten alot faster since then though. Jabroga is pretty much a nuke stapled to your axe. At high levels it can wipe out entire spawns of enemies with one shot. It also never really misses, making it a fighter staple.

The only single-handed wep I use on my FF is the slicer, paired with a handgun. The two handed weapons tend to deal more damage than they're one-handed counterparts. You'll notice that a seroius Acrofighter will use things like twin sabers and knuckels on powerful mobs/bosses even they only get A ranks in these weapon types simply because of the amount of damage they can crank out. I've never used one-handed claws much, except on acrofighter for a little while. They only one that appealed to me was the frag one, forget the name. The rest seemed like slight variations on saber moves that were just as strong and kinder to my PP.

Finally, can Beast make good FO's? Depends on the player really. They will be at a signifigant disadvantage. Techs deal the slowest damage in the game and rolling a beast only slows them more. Its possible though, a friend of mine used to play Cast FO and he was awesome at it. I am of the opinion that Casts and Beasts make great support techers, Guntecher and Acrotecher, stuff like that since support techs don't depend on TP.

In the end though its about what you want to to do. Don't be afriad to experiment. With this event ready to hit tomorrow you'll have the chance to level and try out any class you want really, with all the MP and experience you'll net in the mission rewards.

Darius_Drake
Jan 23, 2009, 01:43 PM
Knuckles are sweet for a beast. As Tsavo said they have high accuracy which hides one of the beasts weaknesses, if you use Bogga Robado it will quickly charge up your beast mode which is an added bonus, and the fact that you can just attack easily means you can do great damage as well as attack quickly. Twin claw is also a good weapon to look into. I have Dugrega leveled up to 36 at the moment, but if you aren't just trying to level up the different axe pa then I would stick with Redda. Anga Redda is far superior to Dugrega. Anga Jabroga is find for certain situations, but for axe I would concentrate on Redda. Using a saber with the initial pa given to you is good as well. You could use it in combination with a handgun and use it for the purpose of knocking certain enemies off their feet only to switch to a weapon of choice to finish them off. Your single handed weapons won't do the most damage for you as a Fortefighter so you may as well use their pa for their specific effects other than damage.

Kylie
Jan 23, 2009, 01:59 PM
I'm just going to make you a list of my favorite skills for each weapon type.

Axe: Anga Redda (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1227/anga_redda/)
Sword: Gravity Break (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1023/gravity_break/)
Spear: Dus Daggas (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/175/dus_daggas/) (honestly, I like them all)
Knuckles: Bogga Robado (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1224/bogga_robado/)
Twin Claw: Renzan Seidan-ga (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/743/renzan_seidan_ga/) (I also like Rensan Senshou-ga (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1230/rensan_senshou_ga/))
Claw: Bukuu Saien-zan (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/2638/bukuu_saien_zan/)
Twin Dagger: Moubu Seiran-zan (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/741/moubu_seiran_zan/)
Dagger: Buten Shuren-zan (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/178/buten_shuren_zan/)
Twin Saber: Cross Hurricane (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/2635/cross_hurricane/)
Saber: Spinning Strike (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1020/spinning_strike/)
Slicer: Choutou Kantsu-jin (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/2640/choutou_kantsu_jin/)

I'm sorry my post isn't very detailed, but I hope it helps.

Silvx
Jan 24, 2009, 08:13 AM
I see, thanks for all the input. I'll save up for Robabo and see how that treats me, Ikk Hikk is fun and all, but i'm tired of getting interrupted before I even make it to the lunge forward :(

Kylie
Jan 24, 2009, 12:14 PM
I see, thanks for all the input. I'll save up for Robabo and see how that treats me, Ikk Hikk is fun and all, but i'm tired of getting interrupted before I even make it to the lunge forward :(
Yeah, that's the main reason why I like Robado better. Hikk hits sooo hard though.

Tsavo
Jan 24, 2009, 01:40 PM

Ikk Hikk really shines on Acrofighter due to the speed boost they get, it can be difficult using it otherwise. If you're looking for high damage PAs down the road Cross Hurricane for the twin swords is a good one. Also, a really good(and cheap)utility PA is Rising Crush for the twin swords. Keeps enemies in the air all day.

Spartan Law
Jan 24, 2009, 02:28 PM
(Layout courtesy of PSUpedia copy/paste lol)

# 1 Swords

* 1.1 Tornado Break: Used to be useful but now does too little damage and blow away is frowned upon.

* 1.2 Spinning Break: Fun and ok ish for damage but nothing special.

* 1.3 Gravity Break: Slow but big numbarz. Ends up with very respectable lvl 50 stats. (440/90)

# 2 Knuckles

* 2.1 Bogga Danga: Excellent PA. Not as much DPS as some but first 2 parts can be used to flinch lock and provides exceptional mobility.

* 2.2 Bogga Zubba: A very solid and reliable PA. Does good damage and is accurate.
* 2.3 Bogga Robado: You are stationary throughout this PA but has good damage output.

* 2.4 Ikk Hikk: Insane damage and accuracy but very very slow which limits its usefulness in most situations.

# 3 Spears

* 3.1 Dus Daggas: Used to be the god of spear PA's till they decided to gimp none PA frag moves. Great single/double target spear move.

* 3.2 Dus Robado: Good damage and better than Tornado break but overall still not good enough considering blow back.

* 3.3 Dus Majarra: Mediocre first part, mediocre part 3 but excellent part 2. Considered overpowered due to combo 2 but would of been outdone by Daggas if Daggas wasn't held back. Good PA.

# 4 Double Sabers

* 4.1 Spiral Dance: Good for smaller faster enemies.

* 4.2 Gravity Dance: Good for smaller faster enemies.

* 4.3 Tornado Dance: Transport move but does have uses on 3 target bigger creatures.

* 4.4 Absolute Dance: Slow but powerful. 3rd part is a waste and should not be used. This move is the best dbl saber PA for bosses along with TD.

# 5 Axes

* 5.1 Anga Dugrega: Slow to level but worth it. Highlights the difference between the quick levelling Redda users who think they have te better move but don't. Excellent under rated PA if you have patience.

* 5.2 Anga Redda: Levels fast but is mostly pointless apart from big numbers wars. Dugrega can out DPS it.

* 5.3 Anga Jabroga: Insanely powerful and broken. nuff said.

# 6 Twin Sabers****

* 6.1 Rising Crush
* 6.2 Assault Crush
* 6.3 Splendor Crush
* 6.4 Cross Hurricane

# 7 Twin Daggers****

* 7.1 Renkai Buyou-zan: Great little PA. Fast and lots of hits.

* 7.2 Moubu Seiran-zan: Probably favourite twin dagger PA.

* 7.3 Hishou Jinren-zan: Very stantionary and short ranged but good damage and accuracy.

* 7.4 Renga Chujin-shou: All over the place hard to aim and outshone by the other twin PA's.

# 8 Twin Claws

* 8.1 Bukuu Rensen-ga: Worst melee PA in the game.

* 8.2 Renzan Seidan-ga: Amazingly good twin claw PA. Fast, good damage.

* 8.3 Rensan Senshou-ga: Good PA, personally prefer seidan-ga but this is good too.

* 8.4 Chuei Jitotsushin: Looks daft, first 2 combo's faster than walking especially on AF. Last part has same damage modifier as last hit of Anga redda hence why it's so slow but overall not the best.

# 9 Sabers****

* 9.1 Rising Strike
* 9.2 Gravity Strike
* 9.3 Spinning Strike

# 10 Daggers****

* 10.1 Buten Shuren-zan: I love this PA to pieces, insanely quick and good damage.

* 10.2 Shunbu Shouren-zan: Quick and short ranged with good stats.

* 10.3 Hikai Shuha-zan: Good but somewhat limited in usefulness.

# 11 Claws

* 11.1 Shousen Totsuzan-ga: Lots of hits and is great for inflicting status' with s ranks claws.

* 11.2 Senten Kanzan-ga: Good damage and reliable PA.

* 11.3 Bukuu Saien-zan: Good ground control and stats but a little more unpredictable than the other 2

# 12 Whips****

* 12.1 Visshi Grudda
* 12.2 Vivi Danga

# 13 Slicers

* 13.1 Chikki Kyoren-jin: Used to be broken, now ok. Relatively good damage and excellent range.

* 13.2 Choutou Kantsu-jin: Hard to aim and low stats but last hit is INSANELY powerful and goes alot further than it appears to.

****: Any weapon types with **** are ones that I either haven't capped, haven't used much or just feel I haven't abused them enough yet to judge.

As for my personal favourites:

Axe: Anga Dugrega
Sword: Gravity Break
Spear: Dus Daggas
Knuckles: Bogga Danga
Twin Claw: Renzan Seidan-ga
Claw: Senten Kanzan-ga
Twin Dagger: Moubu Seiran-zan
Dagger: Buten Shuren-zan
Twin Saber: Cross Hurricane
Saber: Rising Strike
Slicer: Choutou Kantsu-jin

(Considering I copied and pasted Kylie's list I didn't have to do all that much changing but they said they liked Redda.... *shakes head in disdain :-P*)