PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for the Statue boss?

the_importer_
Jan 23, 2009, 05:41 PM
Seems that I found the boss with the SNK syndrome in this game. I just LOVE bosses who can kill you with one mega attack >_>

Anyway, if you could provide help with the following:

1- Tech weaknesses for this boss and it's drones?
2- Will it's drones eventually stop spawning or do I have to concentrate my attacks on the statue?
3- My defense is kind of weak, what unit can I equip to raise my armor's defense (in Kana please)?
4- Anything I can buy with my PDs to help me in this battle?

Thanks

_Vyser_
Jan 23, 2009, 05:58 PM
Are you referring to the white and gold boss on the chess board?

the_importer_
Jan 23, 2009, 05:58 PM
Are you referring to the white and gold boss on the chess board?

indeed

_Vyser_
Jan 23, 2009, 06:16 PM
Ah, ok. Unfortunately, I've only beaten it with my HUcast so far, but I'll try to help as best as I can.

For the drones, I've never seen them respawn before. Does this happen if you don't kill two of them fast enough? Once you do, only one will hop around and shoot you (very annoying since you can't kill it) while you try to actually fight the boss. Not sure on tech weakness, but the attacks are very easy to dodge. When she starts to lean back with her arms tucked in, she'll do 2-3 (usually 3) head pounds. After the last one, her arms will spread out, so you know she is done attacking. Start wailing on her until she is going to attack again. At some point, she'll lean really far back slowly with her arms out and a cursor will appear around you. you should be able to get a full attack combo in/a few techs in before the laser hits. To avoid this, simply run around and the cursor will stop following you after awhile. At some point, she'll fall down if you do enough damage to her stomach, so aim for her head for big numbarz.

Rinse and repeat basically. Just learn her attack pattern and dodge her attacks. All of her attacks are predictable, so it shouldn't be too hard after awhile. The only issue is avoiding the shots from the stupid thing hoping around. Also, set your team to Follow order (フォロオーダ I believe is how it's written in the game.)

for defense increase, look for ガード units. This is all off the top of my head, so I'll correct things if I made any errors.

DanMalak
Jan 23, 2009, 06:22 PM
My megid and foie are both level 7, but my megid did a lot more damage to him (since he's a light class). Only bad thing is that megid uses a lot more tp then foie. I was just spamming fluids while attacking him with that. I would use meele when he knocked his head down since it's weak to it, and I can save up my tp.

For those 3 lightning shooting druids in the begining, use grants on since they're dark type.

Once you kill 2 of them than the last one will be invincable and the real start will fight.

His second form is alot harder, but use grants since his second form is dark based.

Edit: heh thanks Vyser, thought I typed dark based. >_<

_Vyser_
Jan 23, 2009, 06:27 PM
I also hear the second form is somewhat tech resistant. Don't you mean "use grants since his second form is dark based."?

the_importer_
Jan 23, 2009, 09:13 PM
God this boss is a pain in the ass, he doesn't allow us to breath in between his attacks and it's the same fucking 3 patterns >_>

Is it OK if I leave those idiot NPCs dead while I try to beat him cause I can't revive them fast enough and then heal them before he strikes again.

DanMalak
Jan 23, 2009, 09:16 PM
God this boss is a pain in the ass, he doesn't allow us to breath in between his attacks and it's the same fucking 3 patterns >_>

Is it OK if I leave those idiot NPCs dead while I try to beat him cause I can't revive them fast enough and then heal them before he strikes again.
I leave em dead. They're 10 damage per hit isn't going to change the outcome of the battle. They're really only useful for tanking hits for you and being bait, but that's pointless on this boss considering most of the attacks are aoe.

Haha, I just noticed my FOnewearl looks exactly like yours...

Wouldn't be suprised if we had the same voice over and mag. xD
As for my weapon I use a +6 twinkle star. (lvl 12 rare wand)

the_importer_
Jan 23, 2009, 09:55 PM
I leave em dead. They're 10 damage per hit isn't going to change the outcome of the battle. They're really only useful for tanking hits for you and being bait, but that's pointless on this boss considering most of the attacks are aoe.

Haha, I just noticed my FOnewearl looks exactly like yours...

Wouldn't be suprised if we had the same voice over and mag. xD
As for my weapon I use a +6 twinkle star. (lvl 12 rare wand)

I have a black Sato-like Mag with a bad-ass PB. As for a weapon, I'm using the Negi wand I got from the vending machine and I grinded it a bit.

Anyway, I kicked it's ass using Foie, but it's final form kicked my ass :(

I'll try again, hope that this is the final boss of the game.

EDIT: Just made his final form my bitch. Stuck to him like glue and spamed his ass it with Grants. I finished this yeller who kept running away from me with my trusty Negi Wand.

All in all, it was a short and easy game but still, a more worthy spiritual successor to PSO than PSU could have ever been. Going to play some Online now before moving to hard mode.

Bassz
Jan 24, 2009, 12:04 AM
I thought this boss was fairly easy, with Hunter Cast, but the one directly after it is... :'(

Maybe because I was using the vending machine one-handed Saber. Destroy the sentinel things, then, I just used charged attacks to hit the boss.

When it swings it's arms, run to her stomach to avoid it. Her "rock-on" head smash, you can stand at a particular spot and she will continuously smack her head without hitting you, except at occassions, the drones will hit you when you are standing still and pushing you into her head.

DanMalak
Jan 24, 2009, 12:51 AM
Where is this vending machine? I've yet to get a weapon from it.

And gratz on beating the boss. I tried soloing the octopus level on hard mode at lvl 30, I somehow reached second form but I died after shortage of fluids.

_Vyser_
Jan 24, 2009, 01:32 AM
The vending machine is in the sewers at the very right of the screen. There's a code list floating around here somewhere if you need one.

As for the final form of the boss. I find one of the best weapons against it is a strong dark double saber with the skill pa that Reeve uses. It strikes really fast and hits both hit points hard. I was actually able to kill it before it even got to move anywhere on hard mode. I have yet to repeat that with any other weapon/skill (I've tried :/ )

the_importer_
Jan 24, 2009, 09:25 AM
Where is this vending machine? I've yet to get a weapon from it.

And gratz on beating the boss. I tried soloing the octopus level on hard mode at lvl 30, I somehow reached second form but I died after shortage of fluids.

Well, PSŲ is a lot like PSO, so I'm guessing jumping from Normal to Hard is still a big deal and you're going to die a lot as a Force. Hopefully, going from Hard to V.Hard will be as easy as it was in PSO :)

_Vyser_
Jan 24, 2009, 04:08 PM
Well, PSŲ is a lot like PSO, so I'm guessing jumping from Normal to Hard is still a big deal and you're going to die a lot as a Force. Hopefully, going from Hard to V.Hard will be as easy as it was in PSO :)

The jump from normal to hard in PSZ wasn't too bad, but the jump to super hard was...a tad challenging for awhile... Let's just say accuracy and defense are very important now.