PDA

View Full Version : PC: Windows XP-Add and Remove Programs

CodeName62
Feb 9, 2003, 11:37 AM
Hey there. I need some help again.

Cause:
Just recently I installed a program. Everything went well until the very end of the installation. A message box told me to put in the playing disc. So I did, but right after I put it in, the autoplay went on, so I just decided to exit the message window, instead of clicking "ok" to continue. Shortly after I got a message stating that the installation sheild has caused an error. The window then gave me that option to report the error or ignore it. I didn't think it was anything that big, so I just decided to ignore it.

Discover:
Later on after thinking about that message, I decided it probably would be beneficial to uninstall, and then reinstall that program again. So I then used that uninstall option that came with the program. I then decided to look at the Add/Remove Programs list. There I still see the program listed.

How do I take it out of the list? I tried using the remove option. A window states that the corresponding program has been taken out of my machine, but I still see it on the list. I looked through out all the directories in my Hard Drive, and there is no sign of the program. The bad thing about having that program still listed, is that I can't reinstall my program, because everytime I do it will take me to that Modify,Repair, or Remove Window, which doesn't help at all. There has to be a way to manually get it out of there.

Your help would be appreciated.

super5vash
Feb 9, 2003, 10:22 PM
This is a glitch within Windows, and has been ever since Win 95 but has become less and less of a problem but still occurs. To get rid of this annoying entry you can download a program called TweakUI you can get it at http://www.microsoft.com it is a powertool, just do a search there for TweakUI and get it and there will be an option under one of the tabs in the program to remove entry.

CodeName62
Feb 16, 2003, 12:30 PM
On 2003-02-09 19:22, super5vash wrote:
This is a glitch within Windows, and has been ever since Win 95 but has become less and less of a problem but still occurs. To get rid of this annoying entry you can download a program called TweakUI you can get it at http://www.microsoft.com it is a powertool, just do a search there for TweakUI and get it and there will be an option under one of the tabs in the program to remove entry.

Thanks for that info. I'll have to check out that "TweakUI" sometime. However, I finally remembered how to do it. You use the RegEdit program on windows.