PDA

View Full Version : My DS Runs Out Of Battery Power Fast

deso123
Jan 24, 2009, 05:22 PM
It seems to only last like 3 or 4 hours before it dies on me with red light low power. I then connected it just now with recharging cable to play more and after like 5 mins it shuts off on me again even with it plugged in. Nintendo is so damn cheap and what's with the recharging limit before you have to get new special nintendo batteries? Why can't I put my rechargble AA batteries in this thing? God nintendo pisses me off. DS is brand new BTW and only charged it like 5 times so far. I thought it was supposed to last like 15 hours.

Anyone know if DSi isn't so gay about its batteries?

DanMalak
Jan 24, 2009, 05:47 PM
I have a somewhat old DS, but I've never heard about it actually shutting down WHILE it's in the charger. It doesn't do for me atleast, although it can get a bit skimpy once it reaches red since you'll never know how much juice you have left in it.

the_importer_
Jan 24, 2009, 05:51 PM
It seems to only last like 3 or 4 hours before it dies on me with red light low power. I then connected it just now with recharging cable to play more and after like 5 mins it shuts off on me again even with it plugged in. Nintendo is so damn cheap and what's with the recharging limit before you have to get new special nintendo batteries? Why can't I put my rechargble AA batteries in this thing? God nintendo pisses me off. DS is brand new BTW and only charged it like 5 times so far. I thought it was supposed to last like 15 hours.

Anyone know if DSi isn't so gay about its batteries?

That 15 hours is when:

-The battery is new
-The screen's brightness is at the lowest settings
-The sound is off
-You're not using thr Wi-Fi connection (local or Online)
-You're not touching any buttons or the touch screen (inputs use power)

I get about 5 hours of PSŲ play time before the power runs out. Also, do note that the red light means that you're at 30% battery capacity, so you got some time left before the power is completely out. As for the charging issue, I think you need to try another charger or DS because I'm playing mine while it's charging via a USB cable.

deso123
Jan 24, 2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah it actually shut off twice. I gave i a minute to recharge some and turned down brightness and sound and got through two missions fine so hopefully it wont keep that up again.

Shiroyu
Jan 24, 2009, 06:16 PM
I thought the red light meant that there's 10% left?

Also, having the DS plugged in while not in use kinda kills the battery life. When it's fully charged, unplug it.

the_importer_
Jan 24, 2009, 06:33 PM
I thought the red light meant that there's 10% left?

Also, having the DS plugged in while not in use kinda kills the battery life. When it's fully charged, unplug it.

This should put an end to this topic:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dslite/battery_faq.jsp

jmanx
Jan 24, 2009, 08:00 PM
the real question is are you using a flash cart.

the_importer_
Jan 24, 2009, 08:07 PM
the real question is are you using a flash cart.

Now that's a good question, these things must drain the DS faster than regular games.

deso123
Jan 24, 2009, 08:37 PM
if its one thing a cart taught me is that nintendo ds has a lot of shitty games

the_importer_
Jan 24, 2009, 08:44 PM
if its one thing a cart taught me is that nintendo ds has a lot of shitty games

The most popular systems always have the biggest amount of shovelwares:

-NES
-GameBoy
-SNES
-PSX
-GBA
-PS2
-NDS
-Wii

deso123
Jan 24, 2009, 08:49 PM
I woulda got nintendogs but i found out you cant throw the puppies against a wall