PDA

View Full Version : Carnival: a place to level lasers...

Smidge204
Jan 25, 2009, 07:17 PM
At least until Mission Carnival ends. This place it probably no secret to most people, but it turns out it is absolutely perfect for leveling lasers:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8412/poltylasermf2.th.jpg (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=poltylasermf2.jpg)

In case you don't know where this is: Charged Puzzle, the last room before the boss (or final teleporter if you botched the puzzle). There is a passage to the left of the exit door, but north of the three buttons. The gate opens when the main room is cleared.

At the end of this little area spawns a total of 42 Polty (fire element). Thanks to the lamp post looking things on either side, the opening into the dead-end is extremely narrow forcing them to bunch up nice and tight to get through. A Gunmaster can fire fast enough to flinchlock them, preventing them from getting through. (A Guntecher, from my experience, can't *quite* keep them inside... almost, but not quite).

Also a good place to level shotguns, but I'd suggest actually standing a little closer - not quite between the lamp posts.

Dark Prism from level 9+16% to 13+70% before I ran out of Poltys. :D Also intentionally flubbed the puzzle, since the non-boss ending is worth more EXP anyway, and got another two levels there.

Happy hunting;
=Smidge=

Sexy_Raine
Jan 25, 2009, 07:30 PM
This entire event is a gunner's dream come true as everything seems to caters to us :D

Also on the same spot, I suggest bringing a palette of 6 rifles, and then run to the pp cube to refill. Good to level those too.

My Nova already has Dark Prism at lv50.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 25, 2009, 08:00 PM
Yep, I got jabroga from 41 to 50 here. As an added bonus, these polties have infinite STA so you can even level megid or ks on them.

Silvx
Jan 25, 2009, 10:32 PM
I'll probably make my way there to level up my bullets, Recently decided to be a fighgunner and my pistols PA's are basically nonexistant XD. Crossbow seems like it could be fun, but I don't know, maybe once the PA gets higher it'll be good.

Not to hijack but i've been wondering if the Stiorm I bought was worth it, even with Storm Line, it just doesn't seem to compare to the twin Hyper Vipers I recently bought as well. Maybe it's just because all my PA's are still low, except for Grav shot which is 18

stukasa
Jan 26, 2009, 01:47 AM
Playing on S with a friend I've been getting at least 25% EXP on my level 30 Plasma laser per run. A couple more runs and it'll hit 31! :) I just wish this mission would stick around after the event like MAG' did. The Polty room is great for leveling almost any PA.

rayner
Jan 26, 2009, 08:54 AM
This area is awesome to level any type of bullet in general... but Lasers are the fastest and doesn't get so boring, just pressing X. I had not leveled ANY lasers besides Dark Prism and now I have them all above lv 21 in a weekend. Soloing is really easy with a Gunmaster, 1AB and then shoot Poltys for about 5 mins. Beat dragon and 420 mission pts... and a few Neu Walnas. I usually average 200K - 250K meseta a run from Deathmakers / Buccaners and meseta drops :-)

mvffin
Jan 26, 2009, 12:21 PM
been doing this for a few days now, i have so many PA's still to level. working on a second set of some bullets, since im going PT now.

Arika
Jan 26, 2009, 12:23 PM
It is not only gunner, but also for techer and fighter too, that room used to be called as PA room. (well, until "unknown room" released anyway)

stukasa
Jan 26, 2009, 12:49 PM
It is not only gunner, but also for techer and fighter too, that room used to be called as PA room. (well, until "unknown room" released anyway)
What's this "unknown room"? Is it something that EU/US doesn't have yet?

beatrixkiddo
Jan 26, 2009, 01:43 PM
If it's the room I think Arika means,

It's from the Shred the Darkness event. One of the warps you can take puts you in a tiny square fenced-in area, where waves of Pannons spawn. Basically the same situation as the Polty room here, except Dark enemies. Might have been more of them, can't remember.

stukasa
Jan 26, 2009, 01:47 PM
If it's the room I think Arika means,

It's from the Shred the Darkness event. One of the warps you can take puts you in a tiny square fenced-in area, where waves of Pannons spawn. Basically the same situation as the Polty room here, except Dark enemies. Might have been more of them, can't remember.
Okay, thanks! I guess we won't be seeing this "unknown room" for about a year, better take advantage of the Polty room while it lasts!

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 26, 2009, 04:12 PM
Okay, thanks! I guess we won't be seeing this "unknown room" for about a year, better take advantage of the Polty room while it lasts!
This

On occasion i've seen a party called PA Leveling XD