PDA

View Full Version : Carnival 'Charged Puzzle' getting S rank

CJ Johnny
Jan 25, 2009, 10:23 PM
Here is the link for Solo 'S' Rank for http://www.veoh.com/videos/v17323593nD6rrg3s
"Mission Carnival Charged Puzzle"

If any 1 had uploaded already, Please disregard this thread.

Happy hunting ^^

beatrixkiddo
Jan 25, 2009, 10:52 PM
FYI, soloing this is only possible if you can use a gun. If you want to fight a boss, that is.

Ruru
Jan 29, 2009, 04:05 PM
double post sorry ><

feel free to lock this if its old news.

was just playing through charged puzzle S and figured i would give this a try.

in the last room of shock shot where you need to hit the button for heart ball A to drop you can in fact hit it with noszonde. you need to go up the ramp where the boxes that have zon-spheres/drops in them and walk to the wall in the corner on the same side as the button and shoot a noszonde straight down the side of the wall as close as you can and let it explode once it gets near the button (may take a few shots)

im on ps2 so i cannot take any screens to prove this but, if anyone would like to see this in person or would like to take any screen shots of me doing this to post them on here, feel free to post here and meet me on uni 6 so i can show you :D

Chaos320
Jan 29, 2009, 04:07 PM
First i have herd about it, thats actually awesome and never thought about doing it like that.

Good find sir

Zarode
Jan 29, 2009, 04:11 PM
double post sorry ><

Go to the other topic, hit the edit button on the bottom right of your post. Go to advanced mode, and click on delete topic, and hit submit.

Ruru
Jan 29, 2009, 04:12 PM
thank you

biggabertha
Jan 29, 2009, 04:23 PM
So..... Gunmaster and Masterforce are sorted for this.

Poor, poor Fighmasters...

Nice find! Heh, I could swear that NosMegid could do the same job too. Nosfoie, Nosbarta and Nosgrants could be cool too....

Ruru
Jan 29, 2009, 04:28 PM
lol hey alex :p.
was bored since you and sammy are gone and my boredom seemed to lead to a discovery which lead to a double post >.>;
nosmegid might work but mine isnt 41 yet lol.

biggabertha
Jan 29, 2009, 04:45 PM
n.n

I bet...

Though will you try out the same thing with Nosmegid?

If I remember right, Nosmegid costs less to cast - or was it to buy? Not that it really matters but it'd be nice to know if you can do it all without pulling out a Longbow, Handgun, Rifle or Laser Cannon though (oh yeah... and Twin Handguns too...).

Damn... still can't believe how badly Fighmasters just can't S rank that part - but they'll probably get there in half the time a Masterforce can get there though x.x

Ruru
Jan 29, 2009, 04:48 PM
cant test with nosmegid atm. its like 14 right now and wont go as far as my noszonde or explode as wide. after i level it more i can test it.

and yeah poor fighmaster. i cant think of a way for them to hit that button. i doubt its possible. just glad masterforce isnt a total loss here. now i can get more mission points on it lol.

LuigiMario
Jan 29, 2009, 04:48 PM
n.n

I bet...

Though will you try out the same thing with Nosmegid?

If I remember right, Nosmegid costs less to cast - or was it to buy? Not that it really matters but it'd be nice to know if you can do it all without pulling out a Longbow, Handgun, Rifle or Laser Cannon though (oh yeah... and Twin Handguns too...).

Damn... still can't believe how badly Fighmasters just can't S rank that part - but they'll probably get there in half the time a Masterforce can get there though x.x

Your name is Chris, isn't it?

There were some PAs that were REALLY cheap.

biggabertha
Jan 29, 2009, 05:02 PM
Your name is Chris, isn't it?

No, sorry. My name's not Chris.

@Ruru Only 14? Hmmm....

Oh yeah... I remember now, Nosmegid only has two targets, right? Needs to be what? Lv. 31+ to get three targets? Or was it 41+? Yeah.... no wonder it's such a low level then.

(Heh... just realised how insanely difficult it is for you to be at 1HP and cast Nosmegid - at least Yak Zagenga users can strafe!)

On topic though, Noszonde's tracking ability or distance traveled seems to be affected by console. I could swear that it runs out eventually on PS2s and apparently so on some PCs, could it be a Frame Skip 0 thing?

Is anyone on PC willing to try/test? Or has this already been confirmed and a PS2 just can't "handle" infinite range?

Ruru
Jan 29, 2009, 05:10 PM
i really cant say for sure since im on ps2 but i dont think there is a map in this entire game thats infinite so you could technically never test it. maybe on a de rol le run i guess but even then its a never ending load map so your noszonde might just get too far and "depop"

dogg1000
Jan 29, 2009, 05:24 PM
U can hit it with a slicer too >.>

Ruru
Jan 29, 2009, 05:26 PM
thats good to know as well. still doesn't help fighmasters though D:

Nicodareus
Jan 29, 2009, 06:04 PM
This is not true, actually. The only class that can't solo the run and fight the dragon is Fighmaster. Masterforce can nail the switch in Shock Shot with Noszonde and get the lightning dragon just fine.

Edit:

Well... This was a worthless post.. I put this reply into the other topic where it was still only showing the 1 reply saying that you had to have a gun to do it.. And I guess the PSOW staff popped my post into here since I guess the topic was moved even though it was still showing in the other section with only the 1 reply. But I see Cocoruru already made her point on this. I suppose I should have posted this theory when I first saw this topic a couple of days ago.

But ah well. All aside, I've tested it myself and it works fine with Noszonde level 1. I'd assume it works fine with Nosmegid level 1 also, assuming conditions are right for it to reach.

All I can say for fighmasters is good luck~ I doubt it's possible to hit it, but you never know. The best I could think of to try would be Dus majarra move 2. But I doubt it works or someone woulda reported it by now.

Megaman X
Jan 29, 2009, 07:44 PM
oh yeah, i've done a lot of the charged puzzle solo missions, and I gotta tell ya. its not that hard when you know your elements. for example, I use my Halp Serafi on the ice stage to inflict a lot of damage to them, and I use my Twin Ruby Bullets 10/10, equipped with twin grav, for the two shock stages, as well as a Katsuno-zashi with a ground element (20%) on the second shock stage. Then, on the Zoual-Goug battle, i use my twin ruby bullets on them, and let him have it! XDD all of this considering I'm a lvl 106 Acrofighter (lvl 17). Just a bit of advice, don't wear any armor with fire element in the ice stage and don't wear any armor with ground element on both shock stages. you're gonna get double damage. Believe me, i've been down that path so many times.

WsntHere
Jan 29, 2009, 08:09 PM
lol hey alex :p.
was bored since you and sammy are gone and my boredom seemed to lead to a discovery which lead to a double post >.>;
nosmegid might work but mine isnt 41 yet lol.

Who's gone? I seem to remember being the one who got deserted. I'm on the computer at least a little every day....

stukasa
Jan 30, 2009, 12:33 AM
double post sorry ><

feel free to lock this if its old news.

was just playing through charged puzzle S and figured i would give this a try.

in the last room of shock shot where you need to hit the button for heart ball A to drop you can in fact hit it with noszonde. you need to go up the ramp where the boxes that have zon-spheres/drops in them and walk to the wall in the corner on the same side as the button and shoot a noszonde straight down the side of the wall as close as you can and let it explode once it gets near the button (may take a few shots)

im on ps2 so i cannot take any screens to prove this but, if anyone would like to see this in person or would like to take any screen shots of me doing this to post them on here, feel free to post here and meet me on uni 6 so i can show you :D
Thank you for this info! :) I was just telling my friend I wished I could solo the mission with my MF. I tried using Noszonde before but not from that spot. I didn't think of trying to use it from the top of the ramp!

Also, I can confirm that slicers work too, but that still doesn't help FMs. ^^;

Ruru
Jan 30, 2009, 12:46 AM
Who's gone? I seem to remember being the one who got deserted. I'm on the computer at least a little every day....

lol well you know what i mean. most days when i log on no one else is on so i log off (or make a discovery >.>; ) didn't mean you left the game.

to stukasa: np ^^ glad i could help out fellow MF's. i'm just glad myself that i can S rank that solo for the mission points. (and that "False Images" map music was making my ears bleed)

CJ Johnny
Jan 31, 2009, 03:58 AM
I guess it's much easier to watch it in action then reading words.

Button on wall, Shock Shot. To hit it with with Noszonde
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v17374017ZwY8c8Dz

desturel
Feb 2, 2009, 04:46 PM
Button on wall, Shock Shot. To hit it with with Noszonde
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v17374017ZwY8c8Dz

Hmm, instead of standing at the wall, why not stand at the top of the steps and shoot noszonde directly at the button? Seems a bit easier to me since you can see when Noszonde is at the button.