PDA

View Full Version : JP PSP English Patch?

Cross313
Jan 25, 2009, 11:11 PM
I've been looking and I know a patch is floating the interwebs.. some where. Anyone know where one could find said patch? :)

Mike
Jan 26, 2009, 12:41 AM
Learn yourself some of that moonspeak. Or wait for the English release.

4x4eyes
Jan 26, 2009, 03:34 AM
The English version comes out in two months man. Hold out on the Japanese one till then.

Cross313
Jan 26, 2009, 11:26 AM
Oh I know.. I was just curious :)

BahnKnakyu
Jan 27, 2009, 03:45 PM
Actually, if he's playing the JP version the same reason why I am, I can see why. Someone might be able to Undub the English PSP and replace it with the JP files once the English version comes out. Once it does then we won't have to hear English-speaking "actors" reading lines off a script in their office cubicle.

D14BL0
Feb 7, 2009, 01:19 PM
Actually, if he's playing the JP version the same reason why I am, I can see why. Someone might be able to Undub the English PSP and replace it with the JP files once the English version comes out. Once it does then we won't have to hear English-speaking "actors" reading lines off a script in their office cubicle.

SEGA may not hire the best English actors out there, but they're still SEGA. They do a decent job and they still do it professionally.

T_Esquire
Feb 7, 2009, 01:36 PM
What? Did I just read an all out lie? Yes, yes I did. Seriously, not just Sega, Japanese game companies should demand that the Japanese tracks either be left in as an option or not touched at all with English subtitles filling in for us here in the US. The majority of dubbing in games is atrocious and Sega's one of the worst. The voices in PSP are so deadpan and lackluster as to be too dull to get into the characters they're for.

Amherst_Wind
Feb 7, 2009, 01:58 PM
My main problem is with Female voices, you always get the same type of voice, highschool girls. Helga sounds like she should be a 'mean girl' at school rather than a member of a terrorist organisation. Vivienne sounded much more childish in the JP version, which was very suitable for the character (just being born and all) but her English voice is older than it should be. Laia is actually a fairly good representation of her JP voice and it her suits her, I like Lucaim Nav's voice too.

T_Esquire
Feb 7, 2009, 03:47 PM
I'm loathe to hear the voices they pick for the Divine Maiden and Lou. Maya I'm not too worried... unless they make her sound all slutty.

D14BL0
Feb 7, 2009, 11:06 PM
What? Did I just read an all out lie? Yes, yes I did. Seriously, not just Sega, Japanese game companies should demand that the Japanese tracks either be left in as an option or not touched at all with English subtitles filling in for us here in the US. The majority of dubbing in games is atrocious and Sega's one of the worst. The voices in PSP are so deadpan and lackluster as to be too dull to get into the characters they're for.

You can't really put voice tracks in two languages on a UMD. Hard enough to do on previous generations of CDs.

Tycho
Feb 8, 2009, 04:37 AM
Well, the English still has the same exotic value as Japanese elsewhere. It's no surprise they put in only the English voices for re-releases of some of the Final Fantasy games.

kazuma56
Feb 8, 2009, 02:25 PM
Sega gets it right from time to time... the voices in Valkryia chronicles were not bad at all... alot of them came off as some of the "better" VA's in recent gaming dubbing.

RED_cast
Feb 14, 2009, 01:00 PM
Sometimes i perfer the English more, even tho the japan one has more emotion in it. The girls in the Japan on are waay to kiddy. a 28 yr old girl will sound like a 10 year old. I just perfer text.