PDA

View Full Version : Temple Rappys unaffected by Piping?

Taaj38
Feb 9, 2003, 07:59 PM
It seems Temple Rappys are unaffected by "normal" piping. That is casting a Tp outside the room near a doorway and going to P2. It seems you need to move or be in the general vicinity for Rappys to change. I noticed that when I was outside the door I wouldn't see fat El Rappys for hundreds of TPs, signilin' that they weren't changing (There should be a fat one ever 3-5 Tps). However when I tped inside the room they were in or moved around the area outside the room they were in then making a tp that I began too see many fat Rappys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Taaj38 on 2003-02-09 17:01 ]</font>

Sakuraba
Feb 9, 2003, 09:09 PM
ya you have to be in the room for the tp trick to work

Tulathis
Feb 9, 2003, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure that I agree with that. It seems to me that when I telepiped for a Love Rappy (in the square room with a pipe to the center and three Rappies) that I was standing outside the room. I suppose it could have been considered inside the room seeing as it was in the connecting hallway with the telepipe to the center of the room.

Anyway, I think that it doesn't really matter. Each time you go up to P2 it should reset the monsters, regardless of wheather you are in the same room as them or not.

GandorDurin
Feb 9, 2003, 11:16 PM
You don't have to be in the same room. I've found several Love Rappies and Mil Lillies without being in the room. (On a side note, my first ever Love Rappy was a fat one, heh heh.)

You might have just gotten a string of bad luck. Sometimes there might be tons of fat rappies, other times none for what seems like ages. Heck, the first few times I did the fake in yellow quest on Ultimate mode, I didn't see one fat rappy. The first one I ever saw was in a normal offline forest run.