PDA

View Full Version : SUV taking up an extra slot

robinhood
Jan 27, 2009, 12:14 AM
Most people say SUV > Nanoblast, but how come no one ever mentions that an SUV Weapon takes up an extra armor slot? Is it not significant?

beatrixkiddo
Jan 27, 2009, 12:25 AM
It's significant, and it's a pain in the ass.

darkante
Jan 27, 2009, 12:31 AM
I think the reason is that Storm Lineīs isnīt too hard to come by, with 4 slots.
Even moreso during this event, it drops like nuts.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 27, 2009, 12:33 AM
Not every CAST is a Ranger, though.

Alnet
Jan 27, 2009, 01:06 AM
Because SUV adds STA, making it less likely that you'll be killed before your meter fills up. And most people use Paradi, so there's a +5 right there.

Tetsaru
Jan 27, 2009, 02:40 PM
Perhaps it's due to the fact that most Extra Slot units besides SUV's aren't really that spectacular right now. If you're not a Cast, you're pretty much stuck with the following:

1 - STA/END boosting unit. The Resist units are generally more useful, and although some units give your character a cool aura, it's more of a cosmetic thing really. If you really want a good END boost, you'd need a Hard/Stamina (gives +6), which iirc was only available during the 1-up Cup, so good luck getting one.

2 - HP Restore units. Granted, these come in handy - especially during Nanoblasts when you can't heal - but again, the best one (along with a slightly worse one) were only available during 1-up and are hard to come by. Also, having a good techer with Giresta in the party can also be more beneficial.

3 - TP Generate units. I believe the only one out right now is B rank, and most people will just use Bullet or Skill save units if they're worried about PP consumption... not to mention the recent Photon Charge update that refills both two-handed weapons completely instead of by half each. I use one on my AT though, since for some stupid reason, their PP save unit goes in the Head slot (which you need for Har/Quick or Har/Smart, etc.) instead of the Arm slot, plus they don't have an S rank version available yet.

Also, keep in mind that SUV units can be switched out WHENEVER YOU WANT, even mid-mission, as long as you can equip them in the first place. Let's see a Beast switch Nanoblasts mid-mission. :3

robinhood
Jan 27, 2009, 06:02 PM
So you can be using a normal slot item while your SUV is charging, and when your bar is full you can swap in the SUV and use it?

Karazykid
Jan 27, 2009, 06:07 PM
So you can be using a normal slot item while your SUV is charging, and when your bar is full you can swap in the SUV and use it?

No. For the bar to charge at all an SUV weapon must be equipped. But while the bar is charging you can switch from Strom to Grom to Paradi and back all you like.

Tetsaru
Jan 27, 2009, 06:11 PM

No, but if you're carrying multiple SUV units (for example, Paradi Cataract and Sturm Attacker), you can switch them out whenever you want mid-mission while keeping whatever charge you've built up. The above units would be useful in Bladed Legacy, for example: use Paradi until you get to the last room, then use Sturm on the Magashi clones, since Burn works well on them, and they're immune to Freeze. It's more of a tactical thing. If you swap out your SUV unit for a non-SUV unit, I'm pretty sure the gauge will reset.

robinhood
Jan 27, 2009, 07:15 PM
Ah, I see. Seems like Nanoblast would indeed be a lot more useful like you say had you the option of carrying multiple badges. That's pretty lame that you can't.

DreXxiN
Jan 27, 2009, 10:53 PM
No, but if you're carrying multiple SUV units (for example, Paradi Cataract and Sturm Attacker), you can switch them out whenever you want mid-mission while keeping whatever charge you've built up. The above units would be useful in Bladed Legacy, for example: use Paradi until you get to the last room, then use Sturm on the Magashi clones, since Burn works well on them, and they're immune to Freeze. It's more of a tactical thing. If you swap out your SUV unit for a non-SUV unit, I'm pretty sure the gauge will reset.

Actually, when I REMOVE the SUV, it doesn't reset. I assume this would be the same as switching to a non SUV.

Zarode
Jan 28, 2009, 12:08 AM
Ah, I see. Seems like Nanoblast would indeed be a lot more useful like you say had you the option of carrying multiple badges. That's pretty lame that you can't.

You'd come across the same problem casts have.

robinhood
Jan 28, 2009, 01:22 AM
You'd come across the same problem casts have.

What do you mean?

ashley50
Jan 28, 2009, 10:15 AM
What do you mean?

Carrying SUVs other than Paradi?