PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest Changes In The Game That Annoy You Thread

deso123
Jan 27, 2009, 02:51 PM
For me it's probably Casts having to buy their traps.

_Vyser_
Jan 27, 2009, 03:20 PM
For me it's probably Casts having to buy their traps.

-To add to that, how useless traps are in this game.
-Either you can have the stats you want on a Mag, or you can't have the PB you want in a few cases.
-How stupidly hard fighting those tank enemies that shoot homing missles are (two on super hard is just plain hell...)
-Some double sabers only have tornado dance on them (TD is terrible in PSZ!)
-DPS >>>>>>>>> high attack in this. I mean, I'm a huge fan of using DPS weapons, but it's ridiculous how much faster you kill things with twin daggers or double sabers in this game compared to other weapons.

Reginaldo
Jan 27, 2009, 03:30 PM
dps is always better in any game, it's damage per second

LionHeart-
Jan 27, 2009, 03:48 PM
I lol'd. Yes those Barahz wannabies are very annoying, yet to face them in Super hard mode ^^;.

A few things:

Lobbies: I'm sure they could of came up with such a lobby, where you meet / chat to people like on PSO.

Online: I was quite shocked of not seeing that you can't use the 'qwerty' keyboard when playing with friends or even wifi. Yet, you use it while creating your character and adding friend codes. Easyly could of made a option on the pic chat with touch screen animation, though I must admit it could get in your way lol on screen.

Online: The communication, on online is awful. The word selection is ok but they are missing out a ton of words and most important ones, such as 'Good bye', you can't have a 'hello' without a 'good bye' they are like yin & yang. Also the fact that you can only run one mission, then rinse and repeat.

Online: Voice chat would of been superb. Theres headsets out there specificly for the DS to which makes it abit more clear to speak through.

Weapon: The Bazooka is a let down. Why doesn't it splash damage when using the normal attack? What purpose does it have when the handgun and the rifle out speed it and in some cases out damage it to.

Thats all I can think of for now but at the end of the day I think it was the rating that Sega gave the game which had killed alot of stuff which could of been implemented to it.

_Vyser_
Jan 27, 2009, 11:01 PM
dps is always better in any game, it's damage per second

Yeah, but it just seemed really noticeable in this game compared to other games. Maybe it's just me.

Mike
Jan 28, 2009, 05:17 AM
Lack of ultimate difficultly, high levels.
Lack of being able to go through the story again on new difficulties.
Lack of character design options.
Lack of any after-purchase support (download quests, items, etc)
Lack of largeness.
Lack of shotguns (CRUSH BULLET!).
Lack of that something special that kept me going back to PSO.
Lack of a complex mag system.
Lack of Red Ring Rico :P (This has been fixed in the latest chat release though)
Lack of mysterious sub-plots / sub-sub-quests (IE Soul Eater)
Lack of battle-ready NPCs ala PSO (Where's my Mome?)
Too much PSU. (Adding PSO to PSU works great but going the other way doesn't feel as natural)

Kent
Jan 28, 2009, 05:25 AM
...I'm sorry, did you just say that Mome was "battle-ready?"

jmanx
Jan 28, 2009, 10:40 AM
Too much PSU. (Adding PSO to PSU works great but going the other way doesn't feel as natural)

I don't know about that one... I mostly see pso and original ps0 elements

But the only thing that bother me is that things arent used stat wise D:
oh yea
WTF yea the bazookas are annoyingly useless. like WTF lol the only useful one is the PIPE due to the joy of its use :D

Amherst_Wind
Jan 28, 2009, 10:46 AM

I was going to mention that... what!?
I can hardly think of anything in PS Zero that came from PSU, and things that did have been implemented much better than they are in PSU, Weapon PAs for example.

deso123
Jan 28, 2009, 11:35 AM
the later levels are more complex than i thought they would be. like on some of the first levels they have those needles that pop out of the ground randomly placed on the maps and id look at it and say omg that is so halfassed... but like in the ruins they are back and you have to walk over them. not only that but they make you sick, lol. and some of the enemies can do like 5 different kinds of attacks. thats only some though sadly but you can tell sega really loves the technology levels on these games. the enemies are much more complex. silly asians... when youre in the cramped levels the weapons dont feel as crappy. you dont really have to struggle to hit a bunch of the targets at once.

Akaimizu
Jan 28, 2009, 11:54 AM
Weapon PAs are nice, however, I do believe in a portable setting, the PSU pallette works better than the PSO one. However, some of that may have to do with the lack of a quick menu system like the PSO episode 1&2 had. You do have menu shortcuts, which do help, but to a degree it's a step backwards to the original Dreamcast release of Pallette limitations. Except in the dreamcast, you could still see your character and move around while in the pallette. So for me, the great increase of quick-access stuff made by the PSU pallette idea, was a better model. Even with the shortcuts, you have to do a lot more selection movement to get to what you need, often enough, in addition to your being a sitting duck. (especially with fluids since they're always located far enough down the list)

Casts having to buy traps is probably a akin to the idea that those with Techs have to use PP to cast them. In both cases, it costs you, but with different effects on the crowd.

SammaeltheDark
Jan 28, 2009, 12:54 PM
I hate how if you shoot a monster across a room wall they are GUARDed from damage. But yet you can use a slicer to hit them, some techs, and they can hit you with ranged attacks

I also hate how damage ticks from burn & poison interrupt your combo

_Vyser_
Jan 28, 2009, 02:10 PM
To go off that PSU pallet comment, I fully agree. Yes, it adds a mild challenge not being able to move when switching equipment or using items in the menu screen, but I think they should've brought the PSU pallet system back. Should they make a PSZ v1.2 G (for those Monster Hunter fans), or PSZ 2, I hope they at least put some kind of item/equipment pallet in the touch screen.

Moniker
Jan 30, 2009, 04:09 PM
Retarded techs. It would be really great if you could select them from a list instead of changing your palette whenever you need a new spell.

Ithildin
Jan 31, 2009, 06:12 AM
Ooo aren't we all a bit bitchy? I find it hard to be critical of this game when I'm enjoying it so much. I guess tho at a push... No shotguns, that really upset me when I found that out. Being a ranger I also find the targeting somewhat annoying. Trying to keep my finger down on the left shoulder button all the time makes it ache! And the only other thing would be the fact taht its all in Japanese and I cant read a bloody thing! that's about it tho really.

Kamica
Jan 31, 2009, 07:15 AM
I also hate how damage ticks from burn & poison interrupt your combo

This annoyed me at first. But then I realized that this was better than the alternative: burn or poison that did not go away automatically.