PDA

View Full Version : how do i unlock the other levels/difficulties in multiplay?

deso123
Jan 27, 2009, 11:08 PM
im level 19 right now but i cant play anymore or ill throw up. do i get them at certain levels or do i need to unlock them in story mode or something? also, how do i know when i find a mag cell? what category will the item fall under in my items list and how will i recognize one? and why are the beam weapons among other 4 star weapons i bought in the shop for $6,000+ all suck compared to some 3 star mechguns i found?

_Vyser_
Jan 27, 2009, 11:48 PM
im level 19 right now but i cant play anymore or ill throw up. do i get them at certain levels or do i need to unlock them in story mode or something? also, how do i know when i find a mag cell? what category will the item fall under in my items list and how will i recognize one? and why are the beam weapons among other 4 star weapons i bought in the shop for $6,000+ all suck compared to some 3 star mechguns i found?

You unlock other levels by playing them in story mission (so beat the game).

In order to get harder difficulties in multiplayer, you need to get beat the story mode for hard mode, and get to level 60 for super hard mode (beating all missions on hard mode gets you super hard mode offline).

If by "mag cell", you mean a way to evolve your mag into something else via item, you need to find a heart (something with "心" at the end of it. It will be in the last menu on the right.

The shop will sell items up to only 5*, so you'll need to find the strong weapons/equipment.

Lyrise
Jan 27, 2009, 11:53 PM
1. You need to clear story mode for hard, and then get to level 60 for Superhard.

2. Mag cells fall under misc. items, same place where your drops and grinders go. Anytime you have a mag heart, if you cannot read Japanese, at least memorize how this will look:

(何とか)の心

Ignore everything in the brackets.

3. It might be because of photon ratio and grind. Or perhaps it's because mechguns hit twice as many times (if your base power is good, then the mechguns are flat out better).

deso123
Jan 28, 2009, 06:21 AM
Great info. I got one other mag question. My mag is almost to level 60 and going to evolve into the mag I wanted. After it reaches 60 can I feed it whatever I want to max out the stats without it changing into something else?

Lyrise
Jan 28, 2009, 08:47 AM
Great info. I got one other mag question. My mag is almost to level 60 and going to evolve into the mag I wanted. After it reaches 60 can I feed it whatever I want to max out the stats without it changing into something else?

Nope. You can feed it whatever you want and its personality won't change, but it will continue to evolve every 10 levels based on the stats it has at the time.

xSHiNOx
Jan 28, 2009, 09:05 AM
im guessing you're trying to get the machine wings huh?

deso123
Jan 28, 2009, 09:38 AM
im guessing you're trying to get the machine wings huh?

lol.

I think I'm gonna make it

50 pow
30 dex
20 def
0 mind

I hope that's good stats so I don't over do any of them like in PSOBB where you can max out a stat when you reach higher levels. It's got the PB that gives shifta and deband it used to be like the dolphin attack before it evolved. So basically it has twins and those wont change even when the mag changes when I gain all that pow?

I'm gonna Soniti cell it I think. So far that's the coolest mag I've seen.

=[

UPDATE: Mag just changed as pow surpassed level 20 defense. Got Dolphin PB back too.

_Vyser_
Jan 28, 2009, 01:57 PM
So that's the stats to make that mag? That thing is hella awesome!

deso123
Jan 28, 2009, 11:10 PM
I just fed it a rappy mag cell, lol. I got crappy PB when my power went over my dex. It's that flying bat that sucks and misses everything. I'm gonna have to up the dex... is 45 dex too much? anyone know?

_Vyser_
Jan 28, 2009, 11:42 PM
That PB actually doesn't miss anything, you just don't return fast enough to see the damage. If you use that PB on monsters the opposite of the map, you'll definitively see numbers. It even stuns from time to time.

As for dex, it is extremely important in super hard. Pretty much anything that was really strong in hard mode, can't hit shit in super hard mode, unless it has an accuracy boost attribute on it. This is me as a HUcast, so my accuracy isn't bad.

deso123
Jan 29, 2009, 12:28 AM
Ended up doing this since I figured 5 more def wouldnt hurt. I get my butt kicked a lot anyway. I hope I got the dolphin PB it didnt make any transition sounds. Only one way to find out...

# Japanese Name: パシファル
# English Name: Pashifaru
# Effect: Drop lightning in a circle around the use

crap it says i still have this. prob shouldnt have fed it the cell. Maybe when I feed it another cell it will recalculate? :3

Dark Hunter
Jan 29, 2009, 01:01 AM
Whats the level cap for this game?

deso123
Jan 29, 2009, 01:03 AM
100. bed time for me.