PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Armor... What's your strategy?

rayner
Jan 28, 2009, 08:59 AM
Buying and making S-Rank armor is a pain... especially when you like to play with all 4 of your characters. Recently I've fallen into Gunner-type characters, I have a Gunmaster, Guntecher, Fighgunner & Acrotecher, which can all use Stormline and I've picked up 12 boards from the carnival alone... just waiting for a 1-up cup like event where Polymers flow like water :-)

If I wanted to say trade in my Stormline set to upgrade to Serafi-Senba it would cost WAY too much... but it would be the most practical choice. Of all my White Beast Spamming, I've come across 3 boards. Am I just unlucky or is it just that rare?

How do you outfit your chatacters? Do you keep a set of Armor in your common box like myself and 1 of each resist type and switch out for each character?

ashley50
Jan 28, 2009, 09:32 AM
a set of Armor for Each char...

amtalx
Jan 28, 2009, 09:36 AM
My main gets all his own armor. My alts are forced to share.

rayner
Jan 28, 2009, 09:51 AM
a set of Armor for Each char...

Whoa, you are 1 lv away from 4 Maxed characters! No wonder you can afford a set for each. How many hours do you have clocked in?

What kind do you have? Are they high %? A 32% Stormline goes for about 3 million these days, you could buy a set for 18 million or just ONE 42% Stormline for the same price.

desturel
Jan 28, 2009, 09:58 AM
I don't limit myself to two armor is how I do it.

I have two sets of Storm line thanks to hunting Psycho Wand back in the day (I had 40 Storm line Board at one point).

I have four Serafi-senba and two Armas line that I've found and made, but only the one of the Armas line came out a decent percent. All but one of the Serafi-senba were above 30% so I'm good on that side too. I mainly use those on my cast except for ground where he uses Rabol Lumirous.

My human has a set of Rabol Lebfa/Orpa-senba that are 40%, but she uses my cast's Dark Armas Line when running missions with megid for the extra stamina.

My neuman main is all over the place. He has a bunch of Baji-senba which I use at times just because I can. He also uses my second set of Storm lines when he's playing a gunner character. A 34% Hizeri-senba. A 32% Lumaria-senba. Some other Orpa-senba that I don't really use.

I have a set of 50% "other" armors like Kotoha-senba, Sori-senba, Rabol Rappy. Some high percentage (40%+) combo armors. Gigush Line, Rabol Dunga, Rikau-senba, Phantom Line, and Nafri-senba even though I rarely use anything other than Rikau-senba. I just don't like throwing away good armor even if I'm not going to use it anytime soon.

ashley50
Jan 28, 2009, 09:59 AM
nah my armors are on the 20%+ range...and I rarely buy armors.
Since armors on PC/PS2 side is really pricey compared to 360...

2 castest Line
6 Stormlines
4 Serafi Senbas
1 Armas Line
3 orpa Senbas
1 Hizeri Senba
3 Feril Lines
1 Baji Senba
2 Shinowa Lines
a few Lumirus Lines

DarkEliteRico
Jan 28, 2009, 10:12 AM
all elements 30+ in stormlines and all units that i feel usable get swapped out between my characters, synthing and buying armor is one of my least favorite things to do.

Barker5227
Jan 28, 2009, 10:45 AM
For me its fairly easy, my main is a gunner and i do everything on him so over the past couple months i have acquired one of ever element of storm line and mad some lucky purchases along with some lucky synthesizes.
Armor is forever, it cannot break, and will always be useful so my suggestion is just invest in lots of armor at once and you've got it for ever!
But if you don't have a lot of mulah, then invest in a serafi of an element you do LOTS of runs with. ex( my techer-Tsuasa-Mainly runs Sleeping warriors S2 which is mainly Light monsters, so i bought 36% light serafi, and from pwand boards have made enough to buy a few more)
ither way, armor is way more important than people make it out to be.

Geonizer/Iceman
Jan 28, 2009, 11:17 AM
I had used my high level characters to collect stuff for my lower characters until my lower characters were able to collect their own and returned the borrowed items.

stukasa
Jan 28, 2009, 11:25 AM
My MF and GM have their own sets of armor. My AF just uses A-rank armors for now. The only things I share among my characters are Stun, Freeze and Sleep resists.

You're not unlucky, I've only found three Serafi-senba boards too. You must be running the Carnival a lot though because I've only found one Storm Line board from it so far!

NDW
Jan 28, 2009, 11:42 AM
Beast Fighmaster - Armas Line :neutral:
CAST Gunmaster - Armas Line :neutral:
Newman Masterforce - Feril Line :neutral:
Human Protranser/Acrotecher - Serafi-senba :neutral:

That's how I handle my armors for my characters.

rayner
Jan 28, 2009, 11:44 AM
My MF and GM have their own sets of armor. My AF just uses A-rank armors for now. The only things I share among my characters are Stun, Freeze and Sleep resists.

You're not unlucky, I've only found three Serafi-senba boards too. You must be running the Carnival a lot though because I've only found one Storm Line board from it so far!

Yeah I ran the Carnival ALOT in the past week... at first I was just doing runs of Shock Shot for Zon-Spheres... under 3 mins each, then I went on to the Full mission for the Polty / Mission Points because my Gunmaster stats are pretty weak.

Ultimately I'd love a set of 50% Stormlines... but that is LONG way off. I may want to make my Fighgunner a Fighmaster... and then I'd have to upgrade to Serafi-Senba...

Where are the Add-slots??

Seority
Jan 28, 2009, 12:07 PM
All my gunner armors stay on my CASEAL, my teching armors on my newman, and the rest either on my beast or in my common box like you.

I need to upgrade to serafi-senbas too. Sad that White Beast is so annoying to play now. ><;

Libram
Jan 28, 2009, 01:51 PM
I'm just now starting to get S Rank armor boards, so I make them and hope they're successful. If it is I switch that for whatever A Rank armor I'm using just so I have access to S Rank units that I find. After I have a full set I'll start making even more to try and improve the %s on the S Ranks.

rayner
Jan 28, 2009, 02:03 PM
All my gunner armors stay on my CASEAL, my teching armors on my newman, and the rest either on my beast or in my common box like you.

I need to upgrade to serafi-senbas too. Sad that White Beast is so annoying to play now. ><;

When was White Beast ever "fun"? I always felt that it was a chore, but the best armor board drops there, and the Ortapolymers to make it :-) After the Carnival, it's back to White Beast... I plan to level my PA's to decent levels with the carnival, might not need to do Sleeping Warriors runs anymore.

Seority
Jan 28, 2009, 02:37 PM
As far as versitlity, Serafi is the best I'd say, but Armas is the actual best armor since it gives many bonuses and all open slots.

rayner
Jan 28, 2009, 02:46 PM
As far as versitlity, Serafi is the best I'd say, but Armas is the actual best armor since it gives many bonuses and all open slots.

Very true... until they make the "add-slot" :-) I'd really like them to make DFP a valid stat... as it is now the only thing that sets armor apart are the slots & hidden bonuses.

jayster
Jan 28, 2009, 03:57 PM
Neutral and I share it between all my characters as long as they're the right type.

Razelchen
Jan 29, 2009, 03:59 AM
A bit off topic: Is Stormline still considered the best armor for an GM? Because I am currently wearing a Vijerina line on my GM because I thought it would be better?

Barker5227
Jan 29, 2009, 08:02 AM
Beast Fighmaster - Armas Line :neutral:
CAST Gunmaster - Armas Line :neutral:
Newman Masterforce - Feril Line :neutral:
Human Protranser/Acrotecher - Serafi-senba :neutral:

That's how I handle my armors for my characters.

Yo whats up YTown!
Its Tsukasa from MAG Event!

Yeah honestly, you are completely correct, because your still getting the armor def boost etc. and you don't have to switch every room you go into...

Alnet
Jan 30, 2009, 12:34 AM
My Techer has a rainbow of 20%+ Feril Lines. I love that thing to death. It makes up for Masterforce's terrible EVP, at least a bit.

My Gunner has different armors for each element, the lowest one is 24%, the highest one is 50%. Storm Line (Light), Lumirus Line, Rabol Lumirus, Castest Line (Dark), Vijerina Line, and Armas Line (Ice). Basically wanted to make sure I always had A/B/E on.

My Fighter's armors still aren't ready, but I'm looking at a rainbow of Shinowa Lines.