PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Bonus Mission Party

Mr T 13
Jan 28, 2009, 12:31 PM
What does everyone think about the bonus mission and the team you want for it? I'm a newman fortetecher and my team consists of one other person who is a cast protranser. The 2 of us seem to get further by ourselves than when we're playing with 2 more people who are beast fortefighters. If you ask me the fortefighters are just dead weight. They can die in one hit from the later levels and they have to get close to hit the enemy unless they want to use their pistol. I think that a team of 2 works better minus the fact that you stuck paying 120 tickets each. Then again it might just be the fortefighters I'm playing with.

Cell132
Jan 28, 2009, 01:09 PM
It depends.

From my experiences, I have yet to see many classes make it far. Although, I haven't finished the final stage, so I guess I'm not one to talk. (Me and a... Fighmaster was it? Made it to the 10th stage, but died.)

Those I see fail more than others are Fortefighters as you've said, and Any kind of techer, (Maybe besides Guntecher) I often see a techer annihilating at the beginning, but struggling halfway when things don't die in 1 hit.

I bet a Protranser could do well, however I have yet to see one on the bonus.

I was actuallly surprised with the Fighmaster however, he got alot further than I thought, actually outlived me fer a few seconds. (those rappies hurt, ferget the Saltavus.) However I didn't agree with his methods of survival. (I nearly died at one of the ice stages)

Best I could recommend is a team of Fighgunners, (Notice the GUNNER part) Gunmasters, basically anyone who can use twin pistols. At LEAST 1 Gunmaster, Fortegunner, or Guntecher, for rifle abuse against Carriguines. And, a Protranser in the mix, I bet if traps were used on the last stage, it wouldn't be as hard. (Plus, Trap Spam + SUV = Win)

I main as a PT, but chose not to use him fer this cause he's human, and has no Nano, or Suv. (I hate to admit, but they're useful here. The 1 of Each trap thing sounds too limiting.)

Basicallly, anyone with weapons that can shoot and strafe at the same time. I find it funny when I tell people they can die in 1 hit and they don't believe me. They always find out sooner or later.

joefro
Jan 28, 2009, 01:10 PM
Female Newman Masterforce solo. No better way to beat the bonus mission.
Just because you played with fortefighters that weren't good doesn't mean that fortefighters are bad. I've never played a bonus where the techer made it longer than the fighter.

My perfect group:

Fortefighter - Slicer and Pistol
Fighmaster - Tornado Dance and Majarra
Gunmaster - Twin Pistols and Shotgun
Fortegunner - Rifle and Grenade

GreenArcher
Jan 28, 2009, 01:14 PM
2 Gunmasters / Fortegunners + 2 Fighmaster / Fortefighters

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 28, 2009, 01:20 PM

Since this is normally the one i go with

Seority
Jan 28, 2009, 01:25 PM
DreX, ALPAL, Zero, and I have been experimenting different combos.
Even though DreX and ALPAL duoed and completed it as two GMs, we have gotten to stage 10 with 2-3 GM CASTs and an AF.
Maybe a fraps can be done with a TA of the bonus!

LuigiMario
Jan 28, 2009, 01:36 PM
Just because you played with fortefighters that weren't good doesn't mean that fortefighters are bad. I've never played a bonus where the techer made it longer than the fighter.

My perfect group:

Fortefighter - Slicer and Pistol
Fighmaster - Tornado Dance and Majarra
Gunmaster - Twin Pistols and Shotgun
Fortegunner - Rifle and Grenade

Grenade users might as well put on a sign saying fresh meat, especially in levels 8, 9 and 10.

Twin Pistol, Slicer and Shotgun users might as well put a sign on their back saying chopping board, in level 8.

Majarra users might as well put a target on their backs in level 10.

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Jan 28, 2009, 02:09 PM
Well it seems as though people are looking preferably for Master Gunners with their ability to snipe the carriguines through the middle of the map and remain untouched. As for myself, I am a fighmaster and have no problem getting to the 10th stage just about each time I play.

desturel
Jan 28, 2009, 02:42 PM

I did it as a male neuman masterforce. Not all masterforce are the same. Just because you need a crutch (gunner and/or SUV/Nano) to beat a mission doesn't mean others do.

pikachief
Jan 28, 2009, 02:46 PM
me and my friends beat this on our 3rd try lol, 2 Fighmasters, 1 GM, and 1 techer(forgot the class lol)

well i think we all made it to lvl 10 but the techer adn 1 fighter died by carriguines, the 2nd fighter(blade) barely made it alive XD (literally he Tornado danced into the safe box while it was exploding it looked awesome from my point of view lol)

but i was PWND by the svaltuses when they decided to double team me and i forgot they could stun XD lol Blade made it out alive.

In my opinion from what i saw, FM(with double sabers)>GM>techers.

unless of course its GM>FM>techers and blade is just amazing lol

Spartan Law
Jan 28, 2009, 02:52 PM
FF's arent bad, the people who play them are mostly. I bet me and my AT friend could duo the mission. I use my slicer/pistol till stage 10 at which point jabroga the svaltus and bogga danga the polecs.

We have had to do stage 10 duo and we managed that although was worrying. 41+ triple stacked giresta is the most cost effective way to make ANYONE be able to survive a hit.

EDIT: Oh and my perfect party would probably be Me (FF), AT, 1 GM and 1 other as a meatshield.

ashley50
Jan 28, 2009, 02:59 PM
3 Gunners and 1 AT...

Well, actually any type will do as long as we all KNOW what to do...

amtalx
Jan 28, 2009, 03:01 PM
Gunners are an absolute necessity, which is something I haven't felt since PSUv1. Mobility and the fact that Rifles fire photon wrapped "STFU" is clutch. Fighters aren't useless but I have yet to see one contribute something significant outside of mere survival.

Dana
Jan 28, 2009, 03:44 PM
I played FF 13 on Dana (150 Human Female) and she didn't die from any hits from any monster. I used a 36%Dark Crimson Line.

I play AT 20 with her a lot too, but she can die from carri's. Also FI, she's survives pretty well. But FF was overall best in my experience. Slicers from far, and Majarra when you feel in danger close.

kevington
Jan 28, 2009, 03:50 PM
One more thing--
I was the last one left in my party and using my Fortetecher. On the Carriguines level, I could move around a corner and slowly get rid of them safely using Noszonde. I died at the last wave of spawns, but just an extra bit of strategy for anyone using FT/MF.

JAFO22000
Jan 28, 2009, 03:53 PM
One more thing--
I was the last one left in my party and using my Fortetecher. On the Carriguines level, I could move around a corner and slowly get rid of them safely using Noszonde. I died at the last wave of spawns, but just an extra bit of strategy for anyone using FT/MF.

Foie will reach them accross the "pit" in the middle as well (and it does a lot more damage than Noszonde!). If your party knows where the Carriguines spawn, it's not hard to take them all out.

Celi-Ka
Jan 28, 2009, 03:57 PM
We cleared Stage 10 with a party of a CAST AT, Newman WT, Human FI, and a CAST GM.

You just need to play smart and stay alert, regardless of your party set-up.

ashley50
Jan 28, 2009, 04:01 PM
We cleared Stage 10 with a party of a CAST AT, Newman WT, Human FI, and a CAST GM.

This...

jayster
Jan 28, 2009, 04:02 PM

Sounds good to me!

desturel
Jan 28, 2009, 04:04 PM
Foie will reach them accross the "pit" in the middle as well (and it does a lot more damage than Noszonde!).

I'm with Jafo. Foie over Noszonde. The last thing you need is to be stuck into place casting noszonde. Foie is faster and stronger, plus you can stick and move. If you need something that tracks down from a distance as a fortetecher, you can use yousei-shiki (light cards). Fire and forget is a good option when you are trying to be mobile.

desturel
Jan 28, 2009, 04:10 PM
Gunners are an absolute necessity

A statement that has already been proven false. A good AT or FT would be much more beneficial to a party than a gunner.

This is the truth that you are looking for. Play smart. Once you know the levels, you can plan for them no matter what class you, or the people you are playing with, are playing.

Powder Keg
Jan 28, 2009, 04:23 PM
I made it to the level with the four Rucars (was it 9 or 10?) as a Fighmaster, but just couldn't survive against them. I probably would've been fine if I were a Fortefighter constantly stopping them with Rising Crush. Best way is to just stagger them as much as possible.

Alnet
Jan 28, 2009, 06:33 PM
The best party I was in was 2 GMs, 1 FM, and 1 AT. The FM actually guarded us by keeping away large enemies, the GMs guarded the team by pinning down and wiping out smaller enemies before they could get close, and the AT kept everyone at optimum status.

It was like we'd transcended some kind of playing barrier. A team actually WORKING TOGETHER? Maybe it wasn't transcendence, but heresy...

Mr T 13
Jan 28, 2009, 06:44 PM
I personally like to see 31+ nosdiga sweep the field up until the Kamazli, then I use nosmegid (it knocks down the kamazli), then use use nosdiga again until the delnaden come out. From there I usually play support while the team deals with the creatures, or at least what is left of the team.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 28, 2009, 06:46 PM
I'd say the ideal team is 2 Gunmasters, a Fighmaster/Fortefighter, and an Acrotecher. Gunmasters would be the main attacking players, leaving the Fighmaster to mob up what get close to the group, while the Acrotecher would be a pure healbot. :wacko:

mvffin
Jan 28, 2009, 09:26 PM
GM/GT/FM/??- Maybe a FI or another GM/FM

Gen2000
Feb 3, 2009, 01:54 AM
A team of Gunners with lv.31+ (41+ even better obv) Rifle/Shotgun makes it the most brainless. A majority of enemies can't even move forward, let alone fight back vs. them. When using my GM I'm usually killing mobs before any meleers get close to them or before a techer can even get one nuke off.

Slicer users, Techers can kind of copy their strats for similar results but Gunners still have it the easiest.

Also Stage 10 should be switched up with Stage 9, kind of anti-climatic how easy it is compared to the previous stage.