PDA

View Full Version : God Units

zfighter14
Jan 28, 2009, 09:59 PM
What would work best for a Ranger, Force, and hunter?? i know some classes shouldn't use a certain unit cause the fact that they don't need it. what would be best for a Ranger, Force and Hunter? or just a Ranger (thats what i am)

Ketchup345
Jan 28, 2009, 10:24 PM
Rangers could use more power, and at lower levels the Arm units can help use stronger guns and hit more reliably. Usually MST can be skipped on non-FOrces, and use the DFP/EVP as necessary. HP units are good for some boss battles. Luck, I probably would ignore as you might not even notice the benefits too much.

furrypaws
Jan 28, 2009, 10:49 PM
Luck is really something that should just either be written into your material plan or ignored, in my opinion of course.

Splash
Jan 29, 2009, 01:27 AM
No matter what class you are using, if you are planning to do damage by using weapons, you must have a God/Battle. Unfortunately, this item is Redria specific.

God/Ability serves a good generality of boosting every stat. And unfortunately, this item is limited to a couple of IDs.

thunder-ray
Jan 29, 2009, 04:43 AM
For rangers I prefer God/power and God/battle.

Sazega
Jan 30, 2009, 03:41 PM
For any character that's not a force, I'd go with probably one of these...

Bod/Battle, Bod/Power[x2], and Maybe God/body or God/Hp. For Hunters anyway.

For Rangers, I'd probably go with God/Battle, God/Power, God/Arm, and same as above: either God/Body or God/HP. [Depends on the situation]

Also, Ketchup345 said luck isn't really important, but for any character not using techniques, it is. It makes you do about 1.5-2x more damage. And once it get's to be about 70, I'd say every 1 of 3 or 4 hits. Which doesn't seem like much, but it helps a lot. Trust me.

Splash
Jan 30, 2009, 04:43 PM
Luck certainly has a benefit but it is not worth using the slots over for when you could increase your own damage or accuracy without relying on critical hits. If anything, Luck should be accounted for by Luck Materials.

Sazega
Jan 31, 2009, 11:45 AM
Luck certainly has a benefit but it is not worth using the slots over for when you could increase your own damage or accuracy without relying on critical hits. If anything, Luck should be accounted for by Luck Materials.

Yeah... I forgot to say that. Thanks lol o_O

Also, does anyone know the ratio of Critical Hits to regular hits with 100 Luck?

furrypaws
Jan 31, 2009, 01:35 PM
I vaguely recall it being something like 1/10.

Splash
Jan 31, 2009, 04:10 PM
It's 25%, or 1 critical hit:4 normal hit. 100 Luck is very ruthless if you are able to do a lot of damage.

zwdavis
Feb 11, 2009, 11:32 AM
I agree that it is difficult to give up a slot for luck but if you are hunter and going to doing a lot of close combat then luck is extremely critical especially if you have a high hit % on your weapon of choice. If you can get critical hits like 1/3 or 1/4 of the time I feel it is worth the slot. I think that you should just play around with the different items and combinations and see what works best for your character since everyone's playing style is different.

psofan219
Feb 11, 2009, 11:54 AM
Really? 1/3 or 1/4 chance of getting a critical? It seems that high for me when my LCK is at a mere 20. I'm always smacking enemies for criticals then it seems... I thought at 100 it would at least be like 7/8 or something, but 1/3 at the highest? Me personally, I think LCK is just not that important. Sure, you can land criticals more often, but I'd just use slots for it. I know it's not what you guys recommend, but as the guy above me said, "everyone's playing style is different." I say you're better off using those Materials on something like ATP or MIND if you're a RA, DFP, EVP, or HP if you're a HU, and either DFP or HP if you're a FO. Maybe MIND. Anyways, it all comes to do how you like to play. If you're the maxer type, cool. Max out whatever stat you want or feel is most needed. I tend to think a good combination (haven't gotten to try it yet though) if you're going to max something would be ATA and LCK. That would be devastating...

zwdavis
Feb 11, 2009, 02:04 PM
I was saying that if you can get a critical hit 1/3 of the time it is worth giving up the slot. when ever my luck is at 90 or above then I get the critical hits pretty much with every swing, but i felt 1/3 of the time is useful enough and dedicating more than one slot to luck is not as beneficial as just going with one and using the rest for other stat boosters.

Splash
Feb 11, 2009, 02:17 PM
It's not even 1/3. It's 1/4, and the difference is significantly noticeable. Nonetheless, it is still a probability number so precision is not exact.

Except LCK means absolutely nothing unless you actually have the ATP for it. All critical hits do is just a certain percentage and boost that attack power by said percentage. Thus, only a character with a high ATP can take advantage of it. Take 4 God/Lucks and compare it with 4 God/Powers for a low level character in Ultimate. The God/Powers will have a much huge impact than the God/Lucks ever could.

zwdavis
Feb 11, 2009, 02:27 PM
from my experience even 1/4 of the time is worth that one slot. But I would only give up one slot to it. I don't think that 4 god lucks is gonna do you any good but i think 3 god powers and one god luck is be more beneficial than all 4 god powers, unless that last god power is letting you kill monsters in one hit instead of two.