PDA

View Full Version : Fix the damn toilet!

Tyreek
Jan 28, 2009, 10:39 PM
LMAO. I gotta rant this out. Just to make sure y'all are on level with me, our toilet has been having some problems stopping the water valve after flushing, so we have to jiggle the lever a bit to close it completely. SO, I haven't had to use to the toilet in hours. I decide to finally go and get it off my mind. I press the lever... No pressure. I press it again... limp. WTF?! I open the top and look... The chain is freaking broken. How the hell did this happen?! So, I go to my roomie and ask for his assistance, since his girlfriend is an RA in our building. So, he tells me, one of my roommates went and broke the chain... He... kicked the toilet and YANKED the chain out. 0_o; ... I couldn't believe it. I went back into that bathroom and observed what went wrong. Then I see something that makes me both LOL and really upset. There are pieces of the chain on the floor.

... */facedesk*

THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST FUCKED UP, IDIOTIC NONSENSE I HAVE EVER SEEN. Too upset to talk to this fool. He's using a hanger to open the flush valve now. I swear to god, he better get the people from the concierge desk tomorrow. Or I will. And he's gonna pay for the damages himself. I am not gonna waste my energy opening the top every time I have to piss or worse... ><; I swear this irresponsible shit pisses me off the most!

Sinue_v2
Jan 29, 2009, 12:05 AM
Me and a roomie once had a toilet go out on us. She insisted that it was my shaving stubble that clogged up the toilet. No... it couldn't have been those massive water absorbing tampons, of course not. So it's clogged pretty good. My cousin who worked maintenance over at MLF/SF came over with a bunch of industrial strength plumbing gear he "borrowed" from the plant, and all it ended up doing was stinking the house up like raw sewage for a few hours.

Well our lease was almost up, and we decided to move anyhow. So we just left it as it was. Problem though... what do we do with the gunk in the toilet? Well, I was gonna shovel it in a Wal-Mart bag with a rock in it and toss it into the lake (we had semi-lakefront property, and I hated our neighbors). She decided it was best to toss it in the big 60 gallon trash can out front of the house which the sanitation crews wouldn't take. So after a few months, needless to say, the can was pretty damned full. And pretty damned smelly. You couldn't really notice it as long as you kept the lid down, but once open... oh my god... just cracking the lid could cause retching in neighbors nearly a block away almost instantly.

Keep in mind, this 60 gallons of human waste was sitting in the hot summer sun baking for a good few weeks before we finally moved out. Our landlord was a bit of a slum lord, so we had toyed with the idea of hauling that mess into the living room and tipping it over (we weren't going to get the deposit back anyhow). Again, I suggested throwing a few cinder blocks in, duct taping the lid, and rolling it into the lake. Instead, we just left it as a nice little "surprise" to whomever was foolish enough to attempt to investigate.

Tyreek
Jan 29, 2009, 12:15 AM
Honestly, I really wish it was a clogging problem. That can be fixed slightly easier. I just cannot use this toilet now, so I'm forced to use my other roomies toilet until the fuck up is fixed. I swear I wanna pop this idiot upside the head for treating this situation so retardedly, but I'm not violent enough. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU YANK A CHAIN FROM THE TOILET?! XD What happened to lifting it gently? ARRGGHHH!!!!

Sinue_v2
Jan 29, 2009, 04:35 AM
Look on the bright side, it could be worse. He could have left an upper-decker for you to deal with while he was at it.

Tyreek
Jan 29, 2009, 11:39 AM
Maintainence came at 11:33... Thank god! *flushes toilet and listens* =D

Kylie
Jan 29, 2009, 01:58 PM
Maintainence came at 11:33... Thank god! *flushes toilet and listens* =D
lolcongratulations

It is pretty inconsiderate to pull out the chain... why did he?

Tyreek
Jan 29, 2009, 05:03 PM
Well, as I stated in the OP post, our toilet had trouble closing the water valve after it, so we have to jiggle the lever a bit for it to close. This guy, unfortunately has little to no patience. So I'll quote what my other roomie told his friend about the situation:

"He kicked the toilet a few times, the he opened the top, and yanked the chain. And it shattered all over the floor. So he calls, 'Hey! The toilet is broken!' So I say, don't tell me. It's your toilet. You broke it, you better fix it."

Thankfully, we weren't charged for this fix. My other roomie on the other hand wishes that this fool did have to pay a fine. And sadly, I agree. He got bent outta shape over nothing and look what happend. It's just damn irresponsible.

:nono:

Oh, and I do need to mention, no more having to jiggle the toilet lever. :D And we got new chain and water stopper in black. The old one was white and dirty. XD

Solstis
Jan 29, 2009, 07:50 PM
Generally, problems with flushing can be solved by adjusting the chain's slack, or sticking a fair sized rock in there (iffy on the latter one).

But, yeah, pulling out the chain sounds like an act of colossal idiocy.

Tyreek
Jan 30, 2009, 04:21 AM
Actually, thank you for pointing that out Solstis. I observed the maintainence guy adjusting the chain when he replaced it. You know what? I think that was the problem. Don't know for sure though, but if the toilet gains similar problems, I will be sure to test this method.

Ha. Learn something new everyday.

CelestialBlade
Jan 30, 2009, 07:59 PM
Ugh, wow, that sucks. I've got issues with the valve in my upstairs bathroom but I managed to calibrate the chain well enough where it works fine for now (rather unpleasant, but it's amazing what you can do with a pair of pliers and that chain). If someone came in and ripped that out, I'd be taking the pliers to their eyes. Glad you got it all cleared up though.