Exolithus
Jan 31, 2009, 02:47 PM
is this spell his 75 frags worth?

good to lvl?
dmg?

Zarode
Jan 31, 2009, 02:48 PM
Okay and alright.

Its decent, if you have the spare frags.

Exolithus
Jan 31, 2009, 02:59 PM
with the caneval event comes the frags =)

i love the megid techs...i will get megid nosmegid and -if it is good- Megiverse.

But does this tech make any sense in late game? cause if you were hit the spell abort arent it?

and as far as i know this spell hasnt any knockback or something else arent it?

majan
Jan 31, 2009, 03:15 PM
its definitely one of the most useless techs in the game...it's a novelty at its best.there is a 1-tick delay before it actually does damage,unlike dambarta which hits the second it's cast. the damage is meh. the hp leech is somewhat cool,but,why? while casting this tech in the middle of a room doing so-so damage in a so-so radius leeching hp, you have a good chance of getting trampled by something you haven't seen because youve been in one spot the whole time.

one thing if it didnt have the 1-tick delay then I'd say maybe if your into that sort of thing it's worth investing some time levelling,but it just plain isnt as useful as the other ultimate technics. as he said up there, if you have spare frags and time and just dont care, then its your decision. but is it something thats like WOAH MEGIVERSE IS SICKKKKK GO GET IT....no. I'm not sure about knockback or anything like that but overall I really wouldn't reccommend it.wasteful PA leveling. you won't find yourself using it except for the novelty of it.

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 31, 2009, 03:39 PM
Its good its all on how ya use it ya know i wouldnt say make it the first dark spell to get but if u have regrants its worth having combined with gireesta.

Tetsaru
Jan 31, 2009, 03:43 PM
The delay before the actual damage sucks, the damage itself sucks, and the HP drain sucks... not to mention, why would you want enemies surrounding you as a techer in the first place? You'll just get pummeled before you can even hit anything with it. Just use Megid/Ramegid and Resta/Giresta - they'll save you a lot of trouble...

Dealer
Jan 31, 2009, 03:54 PM
The HP drain sucks? How does sapping the enemies HP, constantly topping up your own HP while flinching the approaching enemies suck?

Now Regrants which hurts you and flings everything out of its' range - that sucks.

kevington
Jan 31, 2009, 03:57 PM
The only use I find for it is in tagging situations in tight spaces while playing with a party that keeps the critters ocupied-- and that's a pretty rare scenario. I've leveled it a bit in the Carnival Polty room. I'm curious to see the range at 41.

Tetsaru
Jan 31, 2009, 04:02 PM
The HP drain sucks? How does sapping the enemies HP, constantly topping up your own HP while flinching the approaching enemies suck?

Now Regrants which hurts you and flings everything out of its' range - that sucks.

It sucks because it's obsolete. You could just Resta/Giresta or use a healing item if you really needed health. That, and Megid/Ramegid are both better dark techs in general - they deal more damage, have better status effects, and can be used from a distance, so that you aren't endangering yourself. MF's and FT's especially should be aware of this so that they won't constantly die in two hits...

Regrants DOES also have that stupid attack delay like Megiverse, but at least it has useful applications - pin a troublesome enemy down into a corner while the rest of the party wails on it. It works wonders on the Magashi clones in Bladed Legacy. But yeah, I do find it retarded that there's a reflect damage effect on it... I guess to prevent it from being too cheap. That, and we REALLY need some better offensive light techs... >_<

majan
Jan 31, 2009, 04:21 PM
it isn't obsolete as it is just plain not practical..it seems cool in theory to have a life leeching spell topping off your hp constantly but 95% of enemies will stun a techer out of a channeling spell liek that. regrants, used properly, is leaps and bounds more effective even in spite of the hp drain. why? because it clears out an enormous radius and it can buy you time to perhaps run away,heal the reflected damage,or just get the hell out of there.

in theory megiverse does sound cool,but the damage is low compared to other things,it levels pretty slow,and it just isnt as effective as the other dark techs. the lifeleech, while actually quite powerful(at higher levels it probably does leech quite a bit,and it stacks per enemy you hit,and if Im not mistaken there is no target limit) does not weight out the vulernability factor,unless your techer is a tank and has,like,3500 hp(barely possible). what business does a techer have channeling a spell(that he can almost always and probably will get knocked out of) in the middle of a room that doesnt do ridiculous amounts of damage and rub your balls at the same time? none. it's just not that effective,and will get you killed faster than you can appreciate the lifeleech,because when you do get hit and actually have a gap in your hp bar, you'll be stunned out of the spell, and you'll have to recast it,wait the 2 seconds, and then hope to god you can gain enough hp back before the same thing happens again. even with a party, there's always a chance that rouge vanda orga is going to psychotically be coming after only you with those yummy double-foie blasts,and we all know that happens sometimes. better to hang back and deal damage from afar with more effective techs. or if you insist on being on the front lines,which is totaly cool-again, your style of play is what wins in the end- use more effective stuff,something that will cause flinch,quickly,and deal high damage,such as gi-techs. these you can spam and have the same if not better effect than megiverse while dealing more damage and staying less vulnerable becasue in between spams you can run around,heal,take a nap,run for your life,etc. trust me on this. I got megiverse thinking it woudl be cool,leveled it a little,tried very hard to see the good in it and the long-term rewards for leveling this spell to the high levels, tried to like it and tried to have faith, and ultimately gave up. I'm all for variety, but you need stuff that works.

anyway, if you want to and you have the spare time and frags,let it be the last thing you get,and experiment with it. if you like it and you find that its good for your style,run with it. everybody plays different, especially techers because there is such a massive variety of shit to use(except in the light element department)

TecherRamen
Jan 31, 2009, 04:30 PM

REGRANT does not suck. you're just using it wrong.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````

MEGIVERSE is fantastic in the right situation. when it levels up to a high tier it has a very large radius. much larger than anything else. if you have enemies moving randomly(white rappies for instance) it becomes hard to hit them with ramegid or megid. and nosmegid has a small range. this is good because it allows you to do passive damage to a large group of enemies in a large area while allowing fighters to do their thing. it does take a long time to level up to the point where its useful 31+ is when it really starts to show its potential. but if you've got the ambition of be a great techer then this is a must. you wouldn't really want to use this tech if you were soloing though, it is definitely suited to being used in a mid to large party.

Seority
Jan 31, 2009, 04:48 PM
It's only really good if you can lag-stack it :P

Otherwise it's situational, like all techs. I wouldn't use this for other then killing Golmoros at Sleeping Warriors. If I wanted to tag, I'd use any other gi-tech.

majan
Jan 31, 2009, 04:52 PM
psh you kidding me? this is the best thing in the whole world to lag-stack...youre practically a walking bomb but your also invincible since youd be leeching all the hp...shame theres no fun stuff like that on the 360

fay
Jan 31, 2009, 06:36 PM
pros

*as a spell like the gi series. its base 1 range has the same as a gi 11. its 11 is like a gi 21 and so on
*the base 41 version of it looks strangely awsome
*hp drain. most people dont like it but at base 21 its rather good. it gives me back 99 per enemy. i hit 6 and im getting almost 600 per tick back
*getting hit by a spell doesnt break the spell

cons

*takes ages to actually start taking damage
*takes ageeeeees to actually level
*all though the range is good compared to gi spells. the area of effect is so small because of the 1 tick to start the damage, its almost impossible to level at the start
*when you first start using it at base 1 is probably the most awful spell in the game
*when you get it to base 11 its probably still the most awful spell in the game
*the damage really isnt anything to brag about (mine is level 25 but iv saw a base 41 version. it does take a lot more)
*it starts becoming use able at 21 but even at that, i have always found myself wanting to use a different spell at the time
*though it makes enemys flinch, its such a bad flinch that the enemys are ready to hit you before you hit them again
*a physical attack stops the spell and you have to start again

tehre probably is more but i cant think just now.

overall: a gawd awful spell...but i love using it!

Ruru
Jan 31, 2009, 07:41 PM
depends on the spell. foie diga and grants can knock you out of megiverse if the damage is enough. all in all though good points but really megiverse is just a pain and useless in most situations.

if you want hp resta/giresta/mate
if you want quick aoe damage and to be stuck in the middle of a group, ALL the gi techs are more reasonable.

megiverse takes too long to start hitting and the knockback/stun it does is so small that your enemies will be in your circle hitting you in seconds. the hp drain is decent but as a MF you're better off NOT BEING IN THE MIDDLE OF 6+ ENEMIES lol >.> AT and WT might get more use out of this but i'm positive in any situation megiverse would never be the first thing to come to your mind as a "good" decision.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 31, 2009, 08:29 PM
It's only really good if you can lag-stack it :P

Yes, Lag is how you do the megiverse glitch. The only way to make this tech good. :P

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 31, 2009, 11:53 PM
REGRANT does not suck. you're just using it wrong.
Even if you use it correctly, it sucks.

Arika
Feb 1, 2009, 12:35 AM
It is just bad tech for now, but I still have hope for next rebalance in JP

fay
Feb 1, 2009, 05:56 AM
another point i should bring up i think is with having the spell at base 2 and equiping a lumira spread actually makes this spell really good.

whats this about lag stacking megiverse. i havent heard of anythign like that before?

6_8_10
Feb 1, 2009, 07:42 AM
I don't mind it. I even kind of like it in certain situations, such as for groups of golmoros or rappies, as mentioned above. It works better in a party where everything isn't focusing on you.

hewitt
Feb 1, 2009, 09:58 AM

A lot of dead gaozorans seem to disagree.

TecherRamen
Feb 1, 2009, 11:35 AM

You're using it wrong too. think about what you just said.

fay
Feb 1, 2009, 11:37 AM
dunno how you can say it sucks. i admit its not a spell i use often but its first choice when running against gaozorans

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 1, 2009, 07:15 PM
Then again this pa is up to you to like i find it better than my most hated PAs.

1.jabroga
2.tornado dance
3.the card one that does deband.

desturel
Feb 2, 2009, 12:43 PM
3.the card one that does deband.

Just to pick nits, masei-shiki does zalure.

As for megiverse, it's pretty bad in my opinion.

It's only useful if you are in a group, however it levels up so slowly that the only way to get good levels on it is soloing. When you are soloing, it's very useless except for in three situations:

1) Standing in the safe spots on Plains Overlord / Sakura Blast
2) Standing behind the box cargo at Seed Express.
3) Fighting the Ice Vanda in Caves of Ice.

In examples 1 and 2, it's much easier and quicker to use a dam spell to kill all of the enemies solo. In the case of Caves of ice, ra and gi spells will kill the creatures quicker.

The only reason I would suggest getting megiverse is if you want to have a complete pallet of techs. If you are running in a large group and you know everyone around you will protect you, then you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 2, 2009, 03:13 PM
oo well yea the card one is ass dont get it lol but also ya know megiverse could level quickly at seabed but only on a solo run with people it wont go much but since event is out you should try to lvl it on them poltys.

fay
Feb 2, 2009, 04:26 PM
if your going to get it, get it now. polty room will be good for it.
level it to base 21 before the end of this event and you will use it at times. mine is at 26 just now. hopefully ill get it to 31 before the end.
technically i could easily do it but spamming the level over and over gets very tiring

Sexy_Raine
Feb 2, 2009, 06:04 PM
if your going to get it, get it now. polty room will be good for it.
level it to base 21 before the end of this event and you will use it at times. mine is at 26 just now. hopefully ill get it to 31 before the end.
technically i could easily do it but spamming the level over and over gets very tiring

Megiverse is the only offense tech from me that isn't lv50 yet and is the only one I'm not using the event for. Instead, go to Sakura Blast and look for Block 1's with Boomas and Gobommas, avoid Ubakradas. Use the hiding spots, and lv'ing it shouldn't be too hard.

Once this is 50...........................goodbye Masterforce forever :D

DreXxiN
Feb 2, 2009, 06:48 PM
A lot of dead gaozorans seem to disagree.

You use Megiverse on Dark Enemies?

fay
Feb 2, 2009, 07:01 PM
Megiverse is the only offense tech from me that isn't lv50 yet and is the only one I'm not using the event for. Instead, go to Sakura Blast and look for Block 1's with Boomas and Gobommas, avoid Ubakradas. Use the hiding spots, and lv'ing it shouldn't be too hard.

Once this is 50...........................goodbye Masterforce forever :D

goodbye masterforce?

is that because you have no more spells to level or because your pissed with the visual nerf
or both :D

Sexy_Raine
Feb 2, 2009, 08:14 PM
goodbye masterforce?

is that because you have no more spells to level or because your pissed with the visual nerf
or both :D

I'm quitting it for these reasons:

1. Worst defense stats in the game.
2. Worst offense damage of the Master types.
3. No standard light offense techs, regrants is situational and low HP doesn't makes it pointless to use.
4. Gi-techs are worthless, leaves you too vulnerable to attacks. Again low HP doesn't help.
5. Lv40-Lv50 damages %'s don't even go up that much, most only go up 1% per lv!!!!!
6. Speed boost doesn't help for Nos techs, dam techs, regrants/megiverse. They're pretty much the same.
7. Visual tech nerf, if I want people to see lv30 techs, I might as well be an acrotecher.
8. Segduh took too much away just for lv50 offense techs like only lv10 support. Are they trying to put us against the other masters for raw damage?

I've been a techer main for over 2 years, but I've finally reached the point where I'm fed up with Sedguh screwing us over. Leveling all my offense techs to 50 will be my last bit of loyalty to it. I'm ditching it and bandwagoning to the awesome Gunmaster, a class that rewards the effort put into it. Also AT will be the only techer class I'll use.

Strangely, I feel happy ditching it for gunner. :D

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 2, 2009, 10:14 PM
Again i think master force is over hyped i prefer my AT/FT over MF i mean reall 40-50 isnt much of a big deal to me if i want the damage of a MF i could add red force and a few other items but meh you know how kids are with new things.....

Gen2000
Feb 3, 2009, 01:32 AM
Megiverse is about as worthless as Regrants but at least Regrants can do something unique (or more useful) with it's knockback abilities whenever it's call for it. Any time you can use Megiverse, you can use Megid, Ramegid or Dammegid to kill a group of light enemies faster. If you're missing Rappys using Ramegid, you got problems.

Exolithus
Feb 3, 2009, 07:02 AM
i've get it yesterday, it's lvl 6 now after 2 missions. in soloring it's useless ofcause! but in partys...i think it could be very usefull because at highter lvls the range getting amazing, your mates fighting angainst the enemies and you just stand in the middle and using megiverse. the damge is okay...other dam techniques deals some % more...it't the same different between MF and FT.

Small damge will not break the spell, the one tick delay sucks, but it's okay too when you are playing in a party.

You can not using Megiverse for healing yourself, ofcause. but you can use it to support your group with hitting small enemies so they cant attack and with the small healing you will have no problems getting hittet by spells or something like that.

I dont understand why people always needs the best of the best. it's like the slicer skill some updates ago wich was overpowered, everyone used it...it was a game breaker i think...i hated it if i was in a group of 6 and 4 using this thing...i was always kicking them because noone getting exp or even have fun.

same to paradi now, the win button for casts, i've got it, used it ones with my cast...then i never used it again because it's to strong.

so why should i use diga at lvl 50 how one hit kill everything when i can support my team this spells like megiverse. i still get exp...everyone else getting exp too because they can hit them but the enemies (small ones) cant hit back.

In my opinion megiverse is a good techniquies, but noone knows because everyone want to be the one with the hight numbers or the "all killer" and uses all the "one effect spells" like other techs, why no one sees the advantage of this spell...i has more than one effect

desturel
Feb 3, 2009, 08:36 AM
In my opinion megiverse is a good techniquies, but noone knows because everyone want to be the one with the hight numbers or the "all killer" and uses all the "one effect spells" like other techs, why no one sees the advantage of this spell...i has more than one effect

It's not about high numbers. You have megiverse to 6. I have megiverse to 41 and will get it to 50 eventually (when I go back to masterforce). I have used megiverse for just a bit longer than you. It's not about it being a killer tech. It's about it being a useful tech in more than one situation. It doesn't help the group if you use megiverse, you would be better off using a good Gi tech in most cases as they will at least keep the creatures off of your other party members. Also they don't lock you into place so you have a big target on your back while you are doing tick damage to every enemy in a certain area.

If you could move around while casting Megiverse like a Kagajibari, it would be great (overpowered, but great). If it continued going for multiple ticks after you got hit like an Olgohmon or Gaozoran king, it would be useful, but not overpowered. The fact that it will die instantly as soon as you get hit and takes two seconds to even start working makes it useless in all but a situation where you have more party members than there are enemies on the screen. There's no point in using it in that situation as it doesn't really matter what you use in a full party.

If anything since it's a tech that best used in a full party, at least make it so it heals everyone standing within the circle while it's draining the creature's HP. Also speed up how slowly it levels so that it can level in a full party without ignoring everything else in the game.

Also, I have to say that you comparing diga to Chikki and Paradi is silly. Level 50 Diga isn't a one hit kill on any creature unless you are doing b runs on lightning beast. It only hits one target. It is limited to one element. It moves extremely slowly and it's no good in a situation where there are multiple enemies coming towards you at once.

How can you compare it to a linear PA that works that barta, but was 10x as powerful with the additional ability to be any element and go through walls and a SUV that hits every enemy in a radius for 3x the damage of any gi tech at least 8 times in a single button press for instant freeze status effect?

Diga isn't in the same category as either of those.

Exolithus
Feb 3, 2009, 09:03 AM
ofcause my megiverse is only lvl 6, you have much more experience with it and i respect that so i will believe you when you say it's useless in lategame or highlevel.

i dont want to compare SUV and Chikki with megiverse, i just want to show that players only using the best things like chikki. it kills everything in lowlevel and other party member didnt getting any exp except they are using the same and hope they will hit the enemies earlier.

I know psu hasnt anything to do with teamplay...but will it be impossible to bring some teamplay in psu? i see people at the polty room...everyone was leveling they PA's...then paradi...everything was death and the cast who used it was proud that he get everything. the same with the "chikki age".

i'm sorry that i compare diga to others techs, ofcause it's not like barta or megid and it doesnt kill anything with one hit, but it's strong and the most (in my opinion) used single target tech used by forces.

okay things here getting freaky, i shouldnt compare the theme with old or overpowered things.

so to come back to the topic...does megiverse deserves to getting leveled or not?
you have more experience with it and i think you would say it's not worth to level because it has no usage in highlevel areas.

but can it be that megiverse isnt balanced?
no one used it so no one can report to sega. if sega didnt see that this tech isnt usefull they cant fix it. or do you think that megiverse is okay like it is. chikki getting fixed too after sega knows that it was to strong.

Edit:
After i "waste" PA Frags for Megiverse...what should i get next? i already has giresta and i love the megid techniques, but nosmegid seems to be unusable like megiverse because it's weaker than noszonde (dont know how much the HP Charge effect works)

OldCoot
Feb 3, 2009, 01:20 PM
I'm quitting it for these reasons:

1. Worst defense stats in the game.
2. Worst offense damage of the Master types.
3. No standard light offense techs, regrants is situational and low HP doesn't makes it pointless to use.
4. Gi-techs are worthless, leaves you too vulnerable to attacks. Again low HP doesn't help.
5. Lv40-Lv50 damages %'s don't even go up that much, most only go up 1% per lv!!!!!
6. Speed boost doesn't help for Nos techs, dam techs, regrants/megiverse. They're pretty much the same.
7. Visual tech nerf, if I want people to see lv30 techs, I might as well be an acrotecher.
8. Segduh took too much away just for lv50 offense techs like only lv10 support. Are they trying to put us against the other masters for raw damage?

I've been a techer main for over 2 years, but I've finally reached the point where I'm fed up with Sedguh screwing us over. Leveling all my offense techs to 50 will be my last bit of loyalty to it. I'm ditching it and bandwagoning to the awesome Gunmaster, a class that rewards the effort put into it. Also AT will be the only techer class I'll use.

Strangely, I feel happy ditching it for gunner. :D

I hear ya, though I want to nerf my own techs to reduce even more the lag that a high level diga causes me to watch.

I took my Masterforce back to Fortetecher. Nice to find some great deals on high percentage A rank line shields and since a lot of my stuff isn't at 40, no point in staying MF.

Also for this event I can use a bow again.