PDA

View Full Version : Is there any point in Making A rank weapons?

TecherRamen
Jan 31, 2009, 03:55 PM
-Title-

I used to do it so i could use them or sell them. but it kind of feels like theyre not worth much anymore. besides maybe spears. I just bought two decent gudda gants (34% i think) for 90k each. and thats not worth the mats theyre made from. this used to be a main source of income for me. But with master classes out it seems like no one wants a ranks anymore. even though for the most part A ranks are better ( 42%+ 9* is better than a 20% 10*). Im just wondering what everyone thinks. Is there any point in synthing them anymore?

Tetsaru
Jan 31, 2009, 04:07 PM
I learned a long time ago that synthing A ranks is no longer a profitable business. I still do it occasionally, but nowadays I often try to FAIL my A rank boards for stuff like Walnas and Catilium. But, as long as classes have A rank weapon restictions, there will ALWAYS be a need for A rank weapons, imo. Besides, you never know when you might make a 50% weapon.

ashley50
Jan 31, 2009, 04:08 PM
yes...there are still players who stuck/prefer to playing Expert Classes instead of Master classes.

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 31, 2009, 04:13 PM
Well, i'm a Fortefighter and i use Daggers and Twin daggers because i like them and do more hits than claws, for example. Also dagger and twin dagger PA's hit very fast.

dexter_safe
Jan 31, 2009, 04:14 PM
the masterclasses like fighmaster gunmaster and masterforce are really resticted to prolly so that the other classes don't become useless (and they are not even close to useless). u can't use twin claws as fighmaster so u know. fortefighter maybe slower but is stronger kinda=P and more weps on it aswell

buzyb77
Jan 31, 2009, 04:37 PM
9* A ranks

are wanted....

and 50% 9* 10/10 are cool....

but yeah I often use A ranks with lots of grinds 9* serdote... on my AT as it is a 9/9....

but there are Classes that can only use A- Rank

Also there will be a really cool set of knuckles that is 9*

http://psupedia.info/Crystal_Central

http://psupedia.info/Drill_Knuckles

Btw you make these

Dhylec
Jan 31, 2009, 05:51 PM
I still like A weapons, specially 9*. Easier to obtain & grind, plus cheaper to recharge (by cube). Some grinded A are pretty nice in looks & stats, even over some bootleg S ranks. ;]

Ruru
Jan 31, 2009, 07:47 PM
my cast is still (and will continue to be) Acrofighter, until sega comes out with a better fighter class that suits me as much/more than AF does.

so i will continue to make and use A ranks for it.

also i dont buy any A ranks anymore i just make my own.

Sexy_Raine
Jan 31, 2009, 08:32 PM
I always grind A ranks and sell them, nubs will buy them for a decent price.

darthplagis
Jan 31, 2009, 09:34 PM
why must you americans always assume its nubs that buy A rank gear???

do any of you recall when S ranks were actually hard to find??

do you remember looking at the ank dedda and two headed ragnus and going "wow those look cool"???

A ranks may i remind you are actually powerful weapons.

the ruby bullet family and the twin DB both out perform the 11* counterparts with similar grinds.

as mentioned the PP recharge cost is A LOT lower for A ranks and consider the PP of some of the wands and mags, it makes sense to use them rather than the marginally more powerful S ranks.

the sooner the 'master class' bug wears off and people revert to their favored class the better, but yeah i can see the attraction of master classes id have a Master gunner now it was not for the grenade launcher and cool "A RANK" twin handguns (twin varista :), yeah i have rubys and all the s ranks but i like the varistas).

people really need to stop this train of thought that A rank are vastly inferior.

also one last note go look at the charts for the tenora claw at 9* with 5 grinds it has 712 ATP that is way more than the 10* and close to the 11* (680 & 726) and yeah pp is lower but that is not an issue with mele weapons now they recharge when you are hitting things. its A LOT easier and a damn sight cheaper getting the grinds on an A rank than the S

gundam0079
Feb 1, 2009, 03:17 AM
make a ranks to feed my PM if i need to

EMPYREAN
Feb 1, 2009, 04:55 AM
yes and no.
guns and tech weps r totaly pointless as they sell for so low amount of cash that ull only loose cash on it if u want to synth them.
mele weps however still has a marked thoug, imo only for the weps that has a 40% element or higer.

SabZero
Feb 1, 2009, 05:31 AM
I even synth B ranks, more rarely C ranks, and sell them. I did some calculating on the synth materials on a 9* weapon and the proce came out at just above 50% of the NPC price. So put on a couple thousand and Bob is your uncle.

Edit: I'm always hoping I'm helping someone out, that is either just starting or made an alt char. Because I remember when I changed classes, how great it was to find cheap B and A ranks.

Commodore 64
Feb 1, 2009, 01:07 PM
Edit: I'm always hoping I'm helping someone out, that is either just starting or made an alt char. Because I remember when I changed classes, how great it was to find cheap B and A ranks.

Keep doin' it! There will always be hosers like me who are level suck, can't do S or S2 runs to get the good S-Ranks, and don't have the meseta to buy the S-Ranks. I'm sure people like myself are the minority, but I'm also sure there's always going be a market for A Ranks, but it will probably grow smaller and smaller over time, smaller than it already is.

Dragwind
Feb 1, 2009, 10:54 PM
In terms of selling for profit, A ranks certainly don't sell for as much as they used to. You might still be able to fetch a pretty penny for 40%+ spears and axes though, but not so much for other weapons. They still have a place for hybrid or forte players though.

Gunslinger-08
Feb 1, 2009, 11:02 PM
I still use some of them for looks. *hugs his 7/9 34% light Gatranata*