PDA

View Full Version : Porsche

MasterJoel
Feb 10, 2003, 01:53 AM
I recently found a '79 porsche for sale, in good condition that i can buy and pay it in one lump sum... the only issues i have is that it takes a LOT of my school money (i'll have to get a job), i'd have to pay my own insurance (instead of mooching from my poor parents) and i really don't like to drive stick (although i would be willing to for something with that much power!) what do you people think?

Mazarin
Feb 10, 2003, 02:09 AM
I really couldn't say. Have you had a mechanic look it over? Have you checked the blue book value for it?

If it's what you want, then go for it. IMO, cars like that are meant to be stick.

But it'll hit you for the school and insurance, so who knows? It's no Porsche, but I've gone w/o food and entertainment on stuff for my car...

Brundidge
Feb 10, 2003, 02:22 AM
If you have a friend that knows a lot about cars you should bring him/her with you and take a look at the car cuz you wouldn't want to spend extra money to fix up the small things about it.

Forgot to add: The friend that would know a lot about cars would be able to point out stuff like missing parts or maybe this is bad condition and more likely get the price to lower. Also man paying for your own insurance is tough (or well I have a newer car so its really harder on me). If you able to lower the price man then do it. Plus its a stick. You can learn off from it and then buy a newer super ass car manual transmission and burn rubber.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brundidge on 2003-02-09 23:26 ]</font>

RedFox
Feb 10, 2003, 05:59 AM
buy it!!

think about it... you'll be the only person driving a porsche at youre school!

i recently brought my dads BMW and i get a whole loada respect in my college http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Brundidge
Feb 10, 2003, 06:06 AM
BMW good brand but way out of my league as of money LOL. I'm into the imports myself. Gonna start on my honda accord project soon once I have a good budget lined up. Hopefully I do but if not then I don't care I gots a car to drive around.

Abaddon
Feb 10, 2003, 06:22 AM
Well ultimately it should boil down to reliability. Do what Brundidge suggested and get it looked over. test drive it, do everything you can to make sure it's roadworthy. there's nothing worse than buying a sexy car that falls apart once you're a street away from the seller ^_^.

Personally, as long as it gets you places, doesn't steal all your dollars for petrol, and has five wheels (steering wheel), that should matter most. anything on top of that is a bonus http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Good luck with the money pooling! ^_^