PDA

View Full Version : PSP and PSZ

deso123
Feb 2, 2009, 05:45 PM
Come on, it can't be that bad... :D

Here's basically what's up with psp and psz. They are both horribly flawed. psp is lacking online and based on psu which most normal people and pso people did not like because it was a boring bland game just look at any review im not trolling, lol. There are some people who play psu but it's on life support for the most part. psp was slightly big in japan because monster hunter was popular so they bought psp based on that hype not to mention the japanese play locally so they are different from us. Most of us don't have others to play this with so it lacking online is horrible. there is basically no community for psp. psz was not very popular in japan. they somehow knew that this totally new psz game was not all it's cracked up to be. and it's not. it has hardly any content and most of the game is just awful to play through.

and no im not trolling. these people are just very positive of these games because they are fanboys who would love any phantasy star game. most of these guys on here who post regularly are people who collect the action figures and dissect every little thing in the game or even buy accessories for the ds just to sit there and play it for hours at a time. I speak for the majority who don't care about these two games. You'll see there's only about 10 regular posters for both these games and they have both games, lol.The rest are casual posters and seem to vanish after a couple of posts. Some are like you who don't know what they are getting into I own both and dont play them anymore but still post here. Now im the outcast of the outcasts who actually play these two games. All you have to do is look at these two sections for yourself. Look who posts regularly. They are very hardcore phantasy star fans who play every phantasy star game out right now and bitch and cry about trolls when someone isn't orgasming over their games they devote their lives to sadly alone because there are no real communities for either game.

and thats just how it is. its wrong for people to sit here every time someone new comes in and praise these games with open arms while they even know most people hate these games. if you come here because you liked pso thats not good. these two games are NOT pso. the gameplay is not the same.

Vanzazikon
Feb 2, 2009, 06:57 PM
Dude, what did you expect? They're handheld games, of course they're going to lack in contents compared to the originals. I don't get why you're trying to convince others that PSZ and PSP sucks. Like the remarks you got on that thread you made (which got FKL'd) it's just an opinion. If you think it sucks, fine. Stop playing the game and pick up the RE5 demo or something. If you have a problem with others enjoying the game, leave the handheld forums. It's that simple.

I don't see why PSZ and PSP not being popular in Japan makes the game sucks. If they think it sucks, so what? A lot of people said they don't like PSO either, I'm still playing despite they've said that.

Why would you even care if they're fanboys of PSZ? How would you know that they buy every little accessory just to play? Seems to me your just trying to put them down because they enjoy the game. What are you trying to convince? That PSZ sucks period? That PSO is the best?

Mike
Feb 2, 2009, 07:29 PM
psp was slightly big in japan because monster hunter was popular so they bought psp based on that hype
This is wrong. PSP and MHP are completely different and there was no riding of the other game's wave by either wave.

not to mention the japanese play locally so they are different from us.
Make stuff up recently? Japanese players play online just as much as anyone else.

psz was not very popular in japan. they somehow knew that this totally new psz game was not all it's cracked up to be. and it's not.
This first sentence is true. The numbers were pitiful and PSZ only ranked in the top 10 overall sales for one week at 10th place. However, implying that the Japanese public is somehow psychic is odd.

The rest are casual posters and seem to vanish after a couple of posts.
Perhaps because they have asked the question they wanted to and don't feel the need to hang around forever.

They are very hardcore phantasy star fans who play every phantasy star game out right now and bitch and cry about trolls when someone isn't orgasming over their games they devote their lives to sadly alone because there are no real communities for either game.
No, I'm not trolling.

its wrong for people to sit here every time someone new comes in and praise these games with open arms while they even know most people hate these games.
You may hate a few games, I know there are a few games I could do without but you don't speak for everyone. If everyone hates these games, then there is no reason for them to come to boards for said games. I don't go to Madden boards and rumble on forever about how Rockstar sports games are so much better. Why should people who dislike certain games go specifically to those game's boards and spew junk all over them?

there are no real communities for either game.
No online for PSP makes it impossible to have an "in-game" community but that doesn't mean there isn't a community based around it. PSZ has communities. There are official Sega boards, Mixi communities, and importer communities. You're not going to hop in to a visual lobby like you could in PSO but message boards will have to take it's place.

these two games are NOT pso. the gameplay is not the same.
No one can argue with you here but we don't have to have you tell us that because we already know.

navci
Feb 4, 2009, 03:34 PM
Come on, lighten up.
Just have some fun. This is way too serious of a matter. :>

xBladeM6x
Feb 4, 2009, 09:22 PM
People have opinions and preferences for games. Basically, you don't like what others like, or don't understand why, too bad. That's life.

Also, they are good / amazing games for being hand held games. So in actuality about the forum thing, most people who post are casual people who have a lot more going on in their lives outside of PSU. Soooo yeah, you don't have to be a fanboy to do something often.

If people enjoy what they do, leave it alone. It's not hurting anyone else, so it shouldn't bother you as well.