PDA

View Full Version : Official: US PSP Release date moved ahead to March 3rd

RubyEclipse
Feb 2, 2009, 08:19 PM
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/02/02/phantasy-star-portable-launch-date-moved-to-march-3rd/

This is one of those awesomely-rare times (quite possibly the first in PS history) that I actually get to report that a Phantasy Star game is coming out earlier than originally scheduled. Check it out and rejoice, next month will be here very soon. :)

Aryonna
Feb 2, 2009, 08:22 PM
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/02/02/phantasy-star-portable-launch-date-moved-to-march-3rd/

This is one of those awesomely-rare times (quite possibly the first in PS history) that I actually get to report that a Phantasy Star game is coming out earlier than originally scheduled. Check it out and rejoice, next month will be here very soon. :)

Can't wait!! :) Thanks for answering what was going on in my head :)

Mike
Feb 2, 2009, 08:42 PM
So there's only a month left till the English release, eh? Good stuff. Anything about how download content will work? Unless there's some huge news that the English PSP will have infrastructure-based multiplayer I'll stick with my Japanese copy though.

Tyreek
Feb 2, 2009, 10:41 PM
March 3rd huh? Heh. Let's hope it's good news for this game Ruby.

Dragwind
Feb 2, 2009, 10:49 PM
Some buds irl just recently picked up PSPs, and they're big PSO fans. They've been looking forward to the multiplayer on PS:P for a while, so this is great news for us.

Tyreek
Feb 2, 2009, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't mind mixing it up with a mod if this game has some usable wi-fi. ;)

landman
Feb 3, 2009, 01:02 AM
What about Europe? any more languages and not only Eng-Fra-Ger? or just English for us???

Celi-Ka
Feb 3, 2009, 02:33 AM
This game's being pushed forward as well? Very interesting.

ThePainMaker
Feb 3, 2009, 10:09 AM
Could really careless about the release date because ive been playing the japanese version but i would still say it is worth buying insted of downloading.

SubstanceD
Feb 4, 2009, 06:08 AM
I can't believe it! I am going to get to play PSP in less than a month from now.

4x4eyes
Feb 4, 2009, 07:13 AM
Well, if anybody has Adhoc Party for PS3, I'll be looking forward to joining all of ya for a game. I could really use the help if they release the download multiplayer missions.

aarosmashguy
Feb 4, 2009, 09:46 AM
yes yes yes yes yes. Just 1 more month to go.

Risingsun
Feb 4, 2009, 01:26 PM
Well, if anybody has Adhoc Party for PS3, I'll be looking forward to joining all of ya for a game. I could really use the help if they release the download multiplayer missions.

Any word on a North American or European version of the service? Id love to have it in english.

Akaimizu
Feb 4, 2009, 02:02 PM
Pretty wild news. Looks like I'll be preordering a bit faster than I thought.

Raekwon™
Feb 4, 2009, 06:14 PM
Great news!
I dowloaded the demo yesterday and even if I didn't played a lot I really liked it :)

Can't wait till march... :D

Lionheart_VIII
Feb 12, 2009, 07:07 AM
yea this is sweet!
ill have to pick this up on the 1st day it hits retail!
i hope SEGAs BLOG updates us on info about DLC...either way i just wanna know.

im thinking of downloading the adhoc party thing and playing it with my friend.
otherwise xlink or a sleepover lmao

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 12, 2009, 02:17 PM
This is a nice surprise. Can't wait for it now that I've played the demo. :)

Jepp027
Feb 13, 2009, 08:12 PM
I am very excited about this, I dont exactly have a working ENG demo but its only 3 weeks away for the full version

OMitra
Mar 2, 2009, 07:59 PM
w00t the game ive always wanted on a portable is finnaly here bawler!!!

mummite
Mar 2, 2009, 08:17 PM
My amazon pre-order says. . . .
Delivery estimate: March 5, 2009 - March 6, 2009

that is with 2day prime shipping. . . . I am guessing I should get it Thursday :( I want it now!

Dagger_32
Mar 2, 2009, 09:57 PM
I am getting off work early tomorrow, the nearest Best Buy is 90 miles away so here's hoping they actually have it when I go to pick it up! ...I might just call ahead... there are a few Gamestops and Walmarts along the way so hopefully this time tomorrow I will see you guys on Ad Hoc Party with PSP! w00t!

bear39153
Mar 3, 2009, 11:12 PM
Just ordered, was hoping to pre-order, but saw that it was out early(it's been a while since i stopped by here, >_< ). Been playing the demo for a few hours now, and i have to say that i really like the game. not as cumbersome as i thought it would be, aside from switching weapons while on the run(doable, but it takes a bit of dexterity on my part).

landman
Mar 4, 2009, 01:03 PM
Any news on the european release if there is any? xD

RubyEclipse
Mar 4, 2009, 05:18 PM
There is a release across the pond, but all you English speakers over in the UK will be getting it a bit later. (Official date still TBA, I think)

Glad to hear people are finding it and picking it up, I really hope we make a big splash with this game. Let me know what you guys think, I've beaten it twice now and really enjoyed it, so I'd like to get some feedback that I can pass on up the chain here at SEGA. :)

Dustin27
Mar 4, 2009, 05:22 PM
That's awesome! I'll be able to pick it up soon instead of waiting for a couple of weeks.

landman
Mar 5, 2009, 01:29 PM
And any news in what languages it is being translated for the european release? or will it be only english? (in wich case I will import it now)