PDA

View Full Version : AotI Force-type characters

rayner
Feb 3, 2009, 11:23 AM
So with the Winter Carnival I decided to level up my Femal Newman Fortetecher... and I've always heard about how the damage of Forces needs to be increased, or rebalanced. But with my lv 87 / lv 12 Fortetecher I can pull off 1600 per hit with lv 37 Nosdiga against opposite element for a total of 4800 damage, with a 5/10 Okarod with 4 Ground techs. Just for a comparison my lv 146 / lv 20 Male Human Guntecher would need to hit 3 times with all 3 shots of lv 40 Yak Diga on a 10/10 Cubo Tuma for around the same damage, or 2.5 hits with lv 50 Twin Grav with a lv 150 / lv 17 Female Cast Gunmaster with a 10/10 Hyper Viper.

Anyone out there have the numbers for a lv 150 / lv 20 Female Newman Fortetecher with lv 40 Nosdiga against opposite element on a Psycho Wand 10/10 with 4 ground techs? I'm thinking it would be like 2400 a hit for 7200 damage... I would need to hit 4 times with my near-maxed Gunmaster with maxed Twin Handguns.

I would think that lv 50 Dark Prism on a Maxed Gunmaster would outdamage say lv 40 Megid on a Maxed Fortetecher ... Megid would shoot slower but have incapacitate lv 4 and a larger radius... anyone have "teh numbars?"

stukasa
Feb 3, 2009, 11:47 AM
When people say techers don't do enough damage, they are referring to DPS. The numbers may be big but they're slow, since fighters and gunners can still clear a mission faster than a techer. On top of that, techers have the lowest HP and defense. People who play as techers do it for fun or for support, that's about it.

I can't give you any numbers on Nosdiga because my techer is only level 145 and my P-wands are only 2/10. :p

Mr T 13
Feb 3, 2009, 11:58 AM
I am a 146/20 Female Newman Fortetecher and with a 1/10 Gaozoran Rod, lvl 34 Nosdiga I hit for 2400 a hit on lightning.

rayner
Feb 3, 2009, 12:17 PM
When people say techers don't do enough damage, they are referring to DPS. The numbers may be big but they're slow, since fighters and gunners can still clear a mission faster than a techer. On top of that, techers have the lowest HP and defense. People who play as techers do it for fun or for support, that's about it.

I can't give you any numbers on Nosdiga because my techer is only level 145 and my P-wands are only 2/10. :p

The techs may be slow, but like I said if I were doing 2400 dam per hit on Nosdiga I'd have to hit 4 times with my Twin Handguns. I read those DPS threads but techs have 100% Accuracy, and it's taking into account continous damage. So say if I had to cast 2 Nosdiga to kill an enemy, I'd have to hit with 8 shots of my Twin Handguns... maybe 7 because of overkill. Can you really get off 7 - 8 shots of a Twin Handgun within the same time?

Where is that thread that shows how many times per minute you can shoot a bullet / cast a tech?

Mr T 13
Feb 3, 2009, 12:25 PM
That's just with standard hit of Nosdiga too. I ask a friend and he agrees that I typically get critical hits that make my Nosdiga hit for 3600 per hit. He and I also agreed that about one of 3 hits seems to be a critical. So more or less, one critical a cast.

stukasa
Feb 3, 2009, 01:27 PM
I agree that Nosdiga is the best single-target tech in the game but if you look at any time attack competition results, techers are never at the top of the list. Besides, you're comparing one of the best techs with one of the lowest DPS guns, not a very fair comparison. :p

Seority
Feb 3, 2009, 01:36 PM
lvl 150 female newman
7/10 chao staff
lvl 40 nosdiga
2,600 damage per hit vs non-tech resistent lightning enimies
7,800 total

She can clear the shock sections just as a fast a fighter ^_^

The techs may be slow, but like I said if I were doing 2400 dam per hit on Nosdiga I'd have to hit 4 times with my Twin Handguns. I read those DPS threads but techs have 100% Accuracy, and it's taking into account continous damage. So say if I had to cast 2 Nosdiga to kill an enemy, I'd have to hit with 8 shots of my Twin Handguns... maybe 7 because of overkill. Can you really get off 7 - 8 shots of a Twin Handgun within the same time?

Where is that thread that shows how many times per minute you can shoot a bullet / cast a tech?

Remember that fT's can't "fire" as fast as a GM. As a fG I can shoot 600 damage per twin gun hit (1200 a full round).
fG and fT "fire" at the same rate so, you can get off 3 twin gun shots when a techers nosdiga is finshed casting.
forteGunner: 3600
forteTecher: 7800
(to one enemy)
Compairing the masters: With GM I can do 800 with my twins, 1600 in total. As MF I do 2400 with my diga (This is only estimating because my twins are not above 40 and neither is my nosdiga.). Remember, they "fire" just as fast as one another.
GM: 4800
MF: 7200
A GM could get off, at most, 4 twin handgun rounds when the fT is done with nosdiga. Compairing that damage:
GM: 6400
fT: 7800
(This is saying if the fG and GM never miss.)
So I'd say a techer would win that battle, but mind you, you are stationary when casting nosdiga, while you can strafe and use twins. In my opinion, you should only use twins against small things, or to finish something off. A better compairison would be with a shootgun and nosdiga, but I don't have stats for those lols.

To answer your question, no. There's no way a fG or GM could kill someting faster then a 150/20 lv40nosdiga techer with twin handguns when they are verus lightning non-tech resistant enemys. That is of course saying that the techer doesn't get knocked down or back at all to cancel nosdiga, which is possible due to the vulnerablity of nosdiga and the dodging capability of twins.

rayner
Feb 3, 2009, 01:58 PM
I agree that Nosdiga is the best single-target tech in the game but if you look at any time attack competition results, techers are never at the top of the list. Besides, you're comparing one of the best techs with one of the lowest DPS guns, not a very fair comparison. :p

I would compare Line-techs to Lasers, Foie / Diga to Riflles and ( Shotguns + Crossbows ) / 2 to Ra-techs at lv 31+. I'm not sure what I would compare Gi-techs & Dam-techs to? I used that comparison because I was playing the Carnival with both my Guntecher & Gunmaster, and using Twin Grav, unless I ran up to every enemy and shotgun them point-blank :-) That's why I can't take the DPS of a shotgun as law... you'd have to run up and point-blank every enemy. It's just not an optimal scenario.

Seority
Feb 3, 2009, 02:07 PM
I would compare Line-techs to Lasers, Foie / Diga to Riflles and ( Shotguns + Crossbows ) / 2 to Ra-techs at lv 31+. I'm not sure what I would compare Gi-techs & Dam-techs to? I used that comparison because I was playing the Carnival with both my Guntecher & Gunmaster, and using Twin Grav, unless I ran up to every enemy and shotgun them point-blank :-) That's why I can't take the DPS of a shotgun as law... you'd have to run up and point-blank every enemy. It's just not an optimal scenario.

Yet you are stationary, just like the nosdigaing techer lol

rifles/bow = diga/foie/?noszonde/?nosmegid
lasers= barta/zonde/megid
shotgun = nosdiga/damtechs
grenades = ratechs
?twins = diga/foie
?crossbow = nosdiga/damtechs
?gitechs
lol pistols

These compairisons are bad, but if I had to say anything lol.

rayner
Feb 3, 2009, 02:13 PM
lvl 150 female newman
7/10 chao staff
lvl 40 nosdiga
2,600 damage per hit vs non-tech resistent lightning enimies
7,800 total

She can clear the shock sections just as a fast a fighter ^_^

Remember that fT's can't "fire" as fast as a GM. As a fG I can shoot 600 damage per twin gun hit (1200 a full round).
fG and fT "fire" at the same rate so, you can get off 3 twin gun shots when a techers nosdiga is finshed casting.
forteGunner: 3600
forteTecher: 7800
(to one enemy)
Compairing the masters: With GM I can do 800 with my twins, 1600 in total. As MF I do 2400 with my diga (This is only estimating because my twins are not above 40 and neither is my nosdiga.). Remember, they "fire" just as fast as one another.
GM: 4800
MF: 7200
A GM could get off, at most, 4 twin handgun rounds when the fT is done with nosdiga. Compairing that damage:
GM: 6400
fT: 7800
(This is saying if the fG and GM never miss.)
So I'd say a techer would win that battle, but mind you, you are stationary when casting nosdiga, while you can strafe and use twins. In my opinion, you should only use twins against small things, or to finish something off. A better compairison would be with a shootgun and nosdiga, but I don't have stats for those lols.

To answer your question, no. There's no way a fG or GM could kill someting faster then a 150/20 lv40nosdiga techer with twin handguns. That is of course saying that the techer doesn't get knocked down or back at all to cancel nosdiga, which is possible due to the vulnerablity of nosdiga and the dodging capability of twins.

Trying to compare damage between any class is situational, I'm just trying to see where many people are complaining that Forces don't do enough damage? Maybe compared to Fighters, but they seem to stand-up against gunners just fine. The range on Techs seem to be better than bullets... and they do MOAR damage, but just takes a little longer to cast. I'm getting my timing down pretty good and it's working out really well :-)

rayner
Feb 3, 2009, 02:24 PM
Yet you are stationary, just like the nosdigaing techer lol

rifles/bow = diga/foie/?noszonde/?nosmegid
lasers= barta/zonde/megid
shotgun = nosdiga/damtechs
grenades = ratechs
?twins = diga/foie
?crossbow = nosdiga/damtechs
?gitechs
lol pistols

These compairisons are bad, but if I had to say anything lol.

The only real bad thing about techers in general is that they are stationary while they cast. But they can out-damage a gunner. The complaints I always saw were comments like "forces need 3x damage boost" or some other complaint. The damage isn't really bad, and they have alot of options. I really want to max-out my Techer now just to compare myself :-)

Gen2000
Feb 3, 2009, 03:35 PM
It's no big surprise that FT/MF doesn't suck (as bad) vs. lightning enemies/bosses since Ground attacks techs actually have decent Tech %s and the Nosdiga is unique only for that element in the way it does damage. That is old news. More elements should follow in Nosdiga's footsteps.

Play more variety of missions then you'll understand.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 3, 2009, 03:57 PM
It's no big surprise that FT/MF doesn't suck (as bad) vs. lightning enemies/bosses since Ground attacks techs actually have decent Tech %s and the Nosdiga is unique only for that element in the way it does damage. That is old news. More elements should follow in Nosdiga's footsteps.

Play more variety of missions then you'll understand.

Agreed.

To TC Nosdiga will never outdamage a point-blank shotgun against a non-lightning enemy. Even a level 50 Nosdiga with a 10/10 Psycho doesn't beat a lv50 Barada Banga against an ice enemy. We don't even have a proper light offense tech. Techers are terrible at HIVE missions, even with maxed out techs.

Also TC, twin handguns for GM sucks. Use lv50 rifles instead, rifle stagger makes fighting large enemies much safer, unlike Nosdiga where you're left vulnerable.

And TC, I guess you haven't played with many good GMs. They are pretty much everything better than techers

stukasa
Feb 3, 2009, 04:07 PM
I think techs do pretty good damage. Not Jabroga/Majarra damage, but pretty good. The problem with Nosdiga is that it only works that good against lightning element monsters. A gunner has every element available for every gun but Nosdiga is one of a kind.

Magus_84
Feb 3, 2009, 04:30 PM
Try fighting enemies with multiple hitboxes, or enemies that aren't lightning.

Nosdiga's awesome, of course. But the other elements pale in comparison on single target damage. That's where a majority of the complaints about techer damage come in.

unicorn
Feb 4, 2009, 02:03 AM
Basically what everyone else said.

Techers can outdamage gunners in some situations. The only thing is....Gunners are better with most of the missions.

The thing with tech is:
- Diga/Foie are your only single hit techs. No single hit for Lightning, Ice, Dark, and Light.

- Nosdiga is your only DPS tech. Thats it.

- Zonde does not have a dam-series.

- Noszonde and Nosmegid are your only long-range techs, while gunners have acces to every element.

- Megiverse and Regrants are the most unique techs. Megiverse is comepletely redundant and should be replaced with a Gi-megid or something, while Regrants has VERY limited use (and you can get away with not even getting it).

- No offensive light techs 'cept Regrants. And it takes away your already pitiful HP.

Techers can do some weak-gunner damage though...

rayner
Feb 4, 2009, 08:06 AM
Basically what everyone else said.

Techers can outdamage gunners in some situations. The only thing is....Gunners are better with most of the missions.

The thing with tech is:
- Diga/Foie are your only single hit techs. No single hit for Lightning, Ice, Dark, and Light.

- Nosdiga is your only DPS tech. Thats it.

- Zonde does not have a dam-series.

- Noszonde and Nosmegid are your only long-range techs, while gunners have acces to every element.

- Megiverse and Regrants are the most unique techs. Megiverse is comepletely redundant and should be replaced with a Gi-megid or something, while Regrants has VERY limited use (and you can get away with not even getting it).

- No offensive light techs 'cept Regrants. And it takes away your already pitiful HP.

Techers can do some weak-gunner damage though...

This does basically sum-up all of a Techers short-comings, and they have to deal with missing elements. Especially Light-techs... why isn't there Grants? They could add that as a single-target tech. At least PSU improved on PSO with the techs...

I guess it's all preperation and which missions you want to do. It would be extremely boring if I cast Nosdiga on every enemy, and Ra-techs have some decent %

I'm going to continue to play with my Fotetecher and maybe Sega will add some techs to round out the class. Like have all elements for Nos, Dam, Ra & Gi... I kinda like the way the basics are. Unless we want to have another series just for "penetrating" techs?

Cracka_J
Feb 4, 2009, 09:01 AM
That is of course saying that the techer doesn't get knocked down or back at all to cancel nosdiga, which is possible due to the vulnerablity of nosdiga and the dodging capability of twins.

Seo, getting knocked down/back/blockstun while casting nosdiga is actually a REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD THING.

I'll let you figure out why yourself, but I suggest soloing DG S2 a few times and see what happens, you'll likely figure it out really quickly.

Anyway, the people who complain most of the times about techs do not fully realize the capabilities of each one. Techs are very situational, the reason I play mf with 6 pwands and full elemental binds, cause I want everything (aside from a few elements that have 4+ techs) at my disposal.

Almost all techs are good and usable, however I will say there is a big gap from the best to worst techs. That scale ranges from Nosdiga to Regrants IMHO, best/worst respectfully.

Anyway, I guess relating to the topic what I'm trying to say is techers aren't supposed to dps, so I dunno why people ever got that stuck in their heads. In some situations, they can out-dps FM, GM, whatever else you want to throw at them. In most situations though, they are setting stuff up for the rest of the team, which IMO is really their job.

Anyway, you're correct on your guess about the earth techs. My 150/20 F newman MF with lvl 50 nosdiga, 10/10 pwand will hit anywhere from 2500-3000 opposite element, and I've seen in the range of 3500-4000 for crit. But like I said, nosdiga, imo, is the best tech in the game. Arguable, yes. But I think if you all find out what I was talking to seo about, your opinion would change very, very quickly.

rayner
Feb 4, 2009, 09:23 AM
Seo, getting knocked down/back/blockstun while casting nosdiga is actually a REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD THING.

I'll let you figure out why yourself, but I suggest soloing DG S2 a few times and see what happens, you'll likely figure it out really quickly.

Anyway, the people who complain most of the times about techs do not fully realize the capabilities of each one. Techs are very situational, the reason I play mf with 6 pwands and full elemental binds, cause I want everything (aside from a few elements that have 4+ techs) at my disposal.

Almost all techs are good and usable, however I will say there is a big gap from the best to worst techs. That scale ranges from Nosdiga to Regrants IMHO, best/worst respectfully.

Anyway, I guess relating to the topic what I'm trying to say is techers aren't supposed to dps, so I dunno why people ever got that stuck in their heads. In some situations, they can out-dps FM, GM, whatever else you want to throw at them. In most situations though, they are setting stuff up for the rest of the team, which IMO is really their job.

Anyway, you're correct on your guess about the earth techs. My 150/20 F newman MF with lvl 50 nosdiga, 10/10 pwand will hit anywhere from 2500-3000 opposite element, and I've seen in the range of 3500-4000 for crit. But like I said, nosdiga, imo, is the best tech in the game. Arguable, yes. But I think if you all find out what I was talking to seo about, your opinion would change very, very quickly.

To be honest I really like how the visual of the Techs get increasingly better when you level them, reminds me alot of PSO, no such change in bullet animation. The range of techs get better, the elemental damage is equal to it's level... and it just feels more unique then Hunters / Rangers. Too bad there's a visual nerf, but I can see why they did that.

desturel
Feb 4, 2009, 10:59 AM

You mean Nosdiga to Megiverse right? Regrant is situationally useful. Megiverse is universally bad.

Regrant, especially in a group, is a great setup tech. Stun lock the big enemies long enough for Jabroga to get off. Roll two or three Gaozorans into a wall. Generally laugh at Ollaka/Koltova/Distova/Jishagara if you have a mean streak or are bored. Terrorize Lapucha/Rappy/Jaggo. Also good for standing on the center button in Flame Blast on Lightning Carnival or the locked rooms in MAG.

Megiverse, on the other hand, only useful when sitting in a room with five other people who keep creatures off of your back.

Cracka_J
Feb 4, 2009, 11:24 AM
I still rank megiverse low, but not as low as regrants.
Reason being regrants can be universally substituted by nosdiga (higher dps, stun inflict, no chasing to walls), where megiverse, like you said, is actually useful in team-based play, where you can just spam it for radial tick damage (and auto-heal yourself while the hp drain is in effect) while your friends take them out.

Still, I'd much rather use a ra or gi tech in most situations over megiverse, but it does actually have a use. Regrants on the other hand, is just replaceable by nosdiga all-together.

And yes, I do have a lvl 50 regrants. Other then just having it though, it serves no purpose. That's why it's the lowest imo. I should actually post a tech chart I made awhile ago based on which techs I consider the most effective to worst, I'm sure it would initiate some flaming :P

rayner
Feb 4, 2009, 11:29 AM
Reason being regrants can be universally substituted by nosdiga (higher dps, stun inflict, no chasing to walls), where megiverse, like you said, is actually useful in team-based play, where you can just spam it for radial tick damage (and auto-heal yourself while the hp drain is in effect) while your friends take them out.

Still, I'd much rather use a ra or gi tech in most situations over megiverse, but it does actually have a use. Regrants on the other hand, is just replaceable by nosdiga all-together.

And yes, I do have a lvl 50 regrants. Other then just having it though, it serves no purpose. That's why it's the lowest imo. I should actually post a tech chart I made awhile ago based on which techs I consider the most effective to worst, I'm sure it would initiate some flaming :P

No way I'd like to see it... I mean people may disagree, but I for one would like to see a good detailed chart of Techs :-)

unicorn
Feb 4, 2009, 12:51 PM
I do admit that if anything Forces do right is keeping enemies bunched up together. Unlike fighters, techers don't have to knock enemies across the room to do AoE damage (which can be a good thing if you think about it). In that sense, techers are more supportive in their offense.

The only big gripes of forces is you kinda fail against enemies with multiple targets. Nosdiga is NOT a multiple target tech,it hits ONE target three times.

I don't think techers need to do OMFG damage, since that would be kinda broken... Maybe a little more HP for Masterforce (I mean, its an "offensive" type, so why does it have the worst defense?). More techs (penetrating for all seres, all Nos, all Dam, etc). And to be able to fight bosses n stuff.

And I hope someday we'll be able to show off our techs again.... They can't make it semi-opaque for other players or something?

Cracka_J
Feb 4, 2009, 01:13 PM
I do admit that if anything Forces do right is keeping enemies bunched up together. Unlike fighters, techers don't have to knock enemies across the room to do AoE damage (which can be a good thing if you think about it). In that sense, techers are more supportive in their offense.

The only big gripes of forces is you kinda fail against enemies with multiple targets. Nosdiga is NOT a multiple target tech,it hits ONE target three times.

I don't think techers need to do OMFG damage, since that would be kinda broken... Maybe a little more HP for Masterforce (I mean, its an "offensive" type, so why does it have the worst defense?). More techs (penetrating for all seres, all Nos, all Dam, etc). And to be able to fight bosses n stuff.

And I hope someday we'll be able to show off our techs again.... They can't make it semi-opaque for other players or something?

I'll agree with this. More techs to play with and techs that would hit multiple hitboxes would be a very welcome addition. I've said in other threads I don't think MF needs a massive buff or rebalance, I actually like them quite a bit the way they are. The addition of the other nos techs (omg lock on nosresta would have me playing AT) alone would really have me interested.

On another note, I should be able to re-type that tech list a bit later. I remember how I sorted most of them, and why, but I don't have the file on me (at work). I'd have to retype it for forum format anyway, so no big deal. I'll try to at least include some brief explanations on why you may be going o.O on some of my choices haha.

Seority
Feb 4, 2009, 01:21 PM

So, canceling my nosdiga, so it DOESNT hit the enemy and ALSO having me take damage is REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD THING? With any other non-hold down tech it is lol but not nosdiga/noszonde/nosmegid/damtechs/megiverse/regrants.

Techers can do decent damage, and I agree that the gap between techer to gunner, as compaired to, techer to fighter, is a lot smaller, but gunners can still do more damage then techers. (That is when all techs/bullets are at their highest.) Why? Shotguns. Also, level 31+ rifles have knockdown, which is sooo nice, specially frozen shot that freezes them 1/3 the time.
As far as GM to MF ratio, GM wins hands down. GMs have better DPS then most FMs do (when their bullets are leveled up 41+).

A smart person also told me that the buffs they do can also be looked upon as added DPS. Any buffs above 20 are imposible to get as a fF,fG,GM,MF,FM,force,hunter,ranger,PT,FG. So, if the techers shifta gave you +100 more a hit, that's THEIR DPS helping you out ^_^ Having said that, techers are mainly group supporters, not soloers. Mainly why I enjoy fT and AT so much, because they are the true techers to me.

Cracka_J
Feb 4, 2009, 01:39 PM
canceling my nosdiga

This.

Nos techs have a special attribute. If you've experimented with noszonde/nosmegid you know what it is. As long as the tech has been cast, it will follow through on it's hit animation (burst).

Nosdiga works in a similar way, but it's not well known. That's why I recommended going to DG and experimenting. You will most likely see it first hand, and on accident (like I did). There's plenty of gunners and robuts there to put you in blockstun attempts there. Why do you think MF can solo DG in ~9 minutes?

DreXxiN
Feb 4, 2009, 02:56 PM
I agree that techers have been a bit underrated.

I haven't been a Fortetecher in the entirety I've played this game, and over the last week I've been really hardcore tech leveling for a change of pace. My newman is level 100 and has all ra- techs 31+ except Rammegid and a few others leveled as well, including all the buffs to SE4 and resta near 40.

I pretty much did it out of curiosity and really found out that most forces only suck because people don't have EVERYTHING leveled to each situation and aren't using the FO's advantage. I haven't tried master force yet, but I assume they can kill things efficiently as fast as at LEAST a weak gunmaster or strong fortegunner (Unfortunately their HP requires you to have really good armor).

What I do think some people FAIL to comprehend though is that Techer's actually CAN do decent DPS, you just have to count all your techs and all the extra damage everyone is doing because of your buffs.

So even though most of your DPS as a fortetecher is dealt INDIRECTLY, I still believe that they help times greatly in a party because not only the buffs, but the nuking techs (That I found are much more efficient at killing groups of really SPREAD OUT mobs than any other class) help a lot as well, and it flinch locks most mobs (I'm sure the effect is much greater on masterforce).

By ending this post I'd like to state that Dam- Techs are probably the most underrated ones in the game, I've seen what they can do as fT and I assume "NUKE NUKE NUKE *enemy gets close* DAM tech" is quite efficient with masterforce.

desturel
Feb 4, 2009, 03:24 PM

I'd have to disagree that regrant could be universally substituted.

Regrant can keep as many creatures as your HP can handle locked up in a corner. I have been able to solo Bladed Legacy with Regrant. Something I could not do with nosdiga or megiverse.

You can keep multiple enemies at bay with Regrant. Nosdiga can only do one creature. Megiverse can't keep anything at bay.

If you want to assist other players, Regrant can stun lock larger enemies and allow time for a Jabroga to come off uncontested (see Ubakrada, Drua Gohra, Seed Ardite, Bafal Bragga, etc) I've even keep a Carriguine locked for a few seconds in combo with a Rising Crush from the fighter. Even Grinna Bete S can be stun locked for a considerable period of time which is not possible with anything else.

The three Techer method of clearing the locked room portion of Seed Express is effective way of making sure no one gets hurt. Techer at the front of the room. Techer at the back of the room, techer in the middle casting resta. It's also a good way of leveling resta along with Boma Duranga. :)

Again, it's very situational, but it has it's uses.

Seority
Feb 4, 2009, 03:50 PM
This.

Nos techs have a special attribute. If you've experimented with noszonde/nosmegid you know what it is. As long as the tech has been cast, it will follow through on it's hit animation (burst).

Nosdiga works in a similar way, but it's not well known. That's why I recommended going to DG and experimenting. You will most likely see it first hand, and on accident (like I did). There's plenty of gunners and robuts there to put you in blockstun attempts there. Why do you think MF can solo DG in ~9 minutes?

Every time I get knocked over when I'm casting nosdiga, it cancels, so if it was aiming for an enemy, it would disappear. I've never experienced what you're talking about. I only use nosdiga on a rod. Is that my problem? Lol

desturel
Feb 4, 2009, 04:16 PM
Is that my problem? Lol

The nosdiga keeps going after you get hit, but it doesn't extend past the end of your rod/wand/TSCM. So if you get knocked straight down (say a Volfu headbutt), then the nosdiga MAY still hit with all three parts. If you get blown away (Distova bowls you over), then it will miss.

It's the same as when you get hit while casting noszonde/megid, the noszonde/megid explode upon contact. Sometimes that's a good thing (shortens the animation allowing you to recast sooner). Sometimes that's a bad thing (you could die depending on the amount of damage you have taken).

JAFO22000
Feb 4, 2009, 04:16 PM
Every time I get knocked over when I'm casting nosdiga, it cancels, so if it was aiming for an enemy, it would disappear. I've never experienced what you're talking about. I only use nosdiga on a rod. Is that my problem? Lol

If he's talking about what I think he's talking about then it works on a rod just fine.

Cracka_J
Feb 4, 2009, 04:22 PM
wow stuffs going on in this thread :o

Couple things

Drex: Agree with most of what you said. Only problem with dam techs in a party is they lose their "mob control" ability, cause critters tend to scatter in all directions, not just coming for you. They're great for solo, not so good in party.

Desturel: Yes, nosdiga can take out ANY of those large enemies you mentioned in a fraction of the time, and like I said before, possibly inflict stun in the process to the advantage of all party members. Magashi spawn on BL is the 1 exception to the rule. It does not deserve to be rated any higher then last for being effective on exactly 1 of the game's spawns. But I guess that's all debatable anyway, as this is just my opinion. So I guess we can agree to disagree, lol.

Seo: highly capable of doing with rods, I only use rods. Try holding the button next time you get knocked over after casting it :P

Edit: desturel, no. it has capability to travel the full distance.

desturel
Feb 4, 2009, 04:56 PM

It dies out after a short burst when I use it in that manner. Then again, I'm on 360.

BTW, Nosdiga can't stun Grinna Bete S or Carriguine. Nosdiga also can't clear out the Seed Express Train room faster than regrant. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Regrant would be the fastest way to clear out any Seed Express enclosed area if it weren't for the small matter that Masterforce can't take that much damage. 6 Bel Pannon/ Deljaban + Regrant + Critical = Dead Masterforce.

It smashes nosdiga in packs (3+) of Orcdillian and Sendillian as well. It's all a matter of if you can survive the reflected damage.

I would agree that Megiverse is more useful IF they changed one thing about it. Instead of just healing me (useless), it healed everyone in the party that is standing inside of the circle. Make megiverse an offensive support tech and you would see a lot more people using it.

rayner
Feb 5, 2009, 09:02 AM
Seo: highly capable of doing with rods, I only use rods. Try holding the button next time you get knocked over after casting it :P

So with a Rod, cast Nosdiga and hold down the button while casting everytime and when you get knocked over something will happen.

BTW I have Nosdiga to lv 39 and I got it on Sunday :-) Those little Polty are helping me get all my techs to lv 21+ within a week.