PDA

View Full Version : So i'm new to this forum

o.w.w.a.y. I phantom
Feb 3, 2009, 01:32 PM
Although i'm not new to Pso i've just recently got the game again and have already started a character (a level 34 Purplenum RAmar) but im already starting to get bored of this character because i've only ever played Ramars or Humars.
Now i was wondering if anyone could tell me of a challenging yet fun class i could play that could maybe keep my attention on the game a little bit more.
Thanks in advance.
-Jesse

psofan219
Feb 3, 2009, 01:41 PM
You've only played with the RAmar and HUmar? For a challenge, might I suggest using an android character? They can use no techs, as I'm sure you well aware of, so healing is pretty limited with them (only 40 healing items max, where compared to humans/newmans, they can have up to 70 max. Not including Scape Dolls). Ultimate is a challenge without techs. I generally get bored with a character until I find my first SPECIAL WEAPON. No matter what it is, I don't get bored with them anymore. Also, try a Force, if casting techs is your kind of style. They are challenging to use in my opinion, as Forces have low HP/DEF/ATP/ATA, stats you'd need otherwise to fight with weapons or melee. Of course, our choices won't have an impact on what you see as challenging and fun to use. I've used all characters except for RAmarl and FOmarl. Some I didn't get far with, others I got very far with. Should you continue to play with HUs, I would suggest trying HUnewearl or HUcast. For RAs, either RAcast or, as you are now, RAmar. These are just my opinions and suggestions though, so... and welcome to PSO-World!

o.w.w.a.y. I phantom
Feb 3, 2009, 03:22 PM
You've only played with the RAmar and HUmar? For a challenge, might I suggest using an android character? They can use no techs, as I'm sure you well aware of, so healing is pretty limited with them (only 40 healing items max, where compared to humans/newmans, they can have up to 70 max. Not including Scape Dolls). Ultimate is a challenge without techs. I generally get bored with a character until I find my first SPECIAL WEAPON. No matter what it is, I don't get bored with them anymore. Also, try a Force, if casting techs is your kind of style. They are challenging to use in my opinion, as Forces have low HP/DEF/ATP/ATA, stats you'd need otherwise to fight with weapons or melee. Of course, our choices won't have an impact on what you see as challenging and fun to use. I've used all characters except for RAmarl and FOmarl. Some I didn't get far with, others I got very far with. Should you continue to play with HUs, I would suggest trying HUnewearl or HUcast. For RAs, either RAcast or, as you are now, RAmar. These are just my opinions and suggestions though, so... and welcome to PSO-World!

Thank you for the welcome
I may look into making an android character but which would be the best to start off with a HU or a RA? and if i were to go with the HUcast which would be the best section Id for that class because i'm having trouble finding any good sword with my character.

Vanzazikon
Feb 3, 2009, 03:28 PM
Skylys find swords best and would be a perfect ID for a HUcast.

Also, welcome to the forums. :)

o.w.w.a.y. I phantom
Feb 4, 2009, 11:54 AM
Skylys find swords best and would be a perfect ID for a HUcast.

Also, welcome to the forums. :)

Hmmm HUcast it is then
now all i have to do is come up with a sweet name that gets me skyly
Thanks for the welcome and the tips

psofan219
Feb 4, 2009, 02:12 PM
You can go to the Section ID Calculator they have on this site. It's found on the left-hand side of the screen, when your viewing the Index (the page that has the list of all the different forums. I just call it the index). I used it myself. Just type in your name you want your character to have, and it'll tell you what ID you'll get. Hope that helps.

Genoa
Feb 6, 2009, 04:14 AM
challenging characters to use... hmm, hehe.
This is in MY opinion...
For hunters, HUcaseal is a nice fun challenge. She has decent ATP, but unlike HUnewearl who can use lvl.20 Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure, you're stuck with what you got.
HUcaseal has exceptional ATA and EVP however. She makes up for her mediocre HP/ATP/DFP with her high ATA/EVP. She has a few unique attack animations (i.e., Twin Daggers and Twin Sabers).
Traps are always a nice thing to learn and get used to.
Not enough people spam their traps, where in Ultimate, traps are exceptional. They explode quite quickly on Ultimate, and the higher you are helps. Also, at very high levels, you can usually solo an entire area before running out of traps (if spamming at a good rate).

For Rangers, definitely RAcaseal.
She also has mediocre ATP. Unlike RAmar and RAmarl who can Shifta/Deband (RAmarl gets Jellen/Zalure as well)... you once again, have to stick to your compensating stats. You have good ATA, the highest DFP, and great HP. However, RAcast, your true competitor, has more HP than you, a little less Defense than you, and way more ATP than you. You have more Evasion and just a bit more DFP and ATA.
You both have traps... so it doesn't break even very well, but the challenge is fun. I love playing RAcaseal.

Forces, this is definitely a sketchy decision. Most people wouldn't agree on the force that's most challenging to use.
But it really depends whether or not your playing with people or not...
If you're soloing, I would say that FOmarl is the most challenging to use.
She's primarily all about support. Her Force bonus' grant her 2x Shifta/Deband/Resta/Anti range, and her only attack tech bonus is +50% Grants damage, and Grants is an extremely situational tech.

FOmarl with a party is much easier to deal with on the supporting role simply because your range for Shifta/Deband/Resta/Anti help you tremendously, taking the stress of trying to find the member(s) of your party that are out of buffs, in an abnormal state, and/or are low on HP.
However, FOmarl isn't the greatest offensive techer. She does well with melee and techs, but FOmar excels over FOmarl in combination of attack techs and melee. But FOmar is more battle-mage where FOmarl is more support-mage.
Both are good at offense and support, but FOmar leans more towards Offense where FOmarl leans more towards Support.

FOmar however has low HP, DFP, and ATA...
FOmarl has low ATA and EVP. FOmarl has the most HP and DFP of forces, but just because you can take a hit a little better doesn't give you the edge when in most cases, the best offense is... well... a good offense <___>

What's great is my favorite characters are FOmarl, HUcaseal, and RAcaseal ;P
The challenge makes the game way more fun in my opinion