PDA

View Full Version : GC Stuck between HUnewearl vs HUcaseal

CafeTomas
Feb 4, 2009, 11:17 AM
I'm looking at starting a third character to bring to Ult and it's between those two. I enjoy the fact that I can use Resta and recover my TP at the same time, but I hate not seeing traps, and wearls are weaker too. On the caseal side I do enjoy androids, my first character was a HUcast and I loved playing Ult with him. HP recovery as well as the gush (I believe it was gush) bonus would come in hand a lot, also they are the stronger of the two.

I've never really played with either class, so I'm looking for another fun experience. Was wondering if someone can give me some more cons/pros to sway me one way or the other!

ID will be a Redria no matter what btw ;)

Vanzazikon
Feb 4, 2009, 11:28 AM
HUcaseals have good accuracy and evasion plus strength. They also have the best dagger animation and a unique unarmed animation.

HUnewearls have Shifta/Deband as well as Jellen/Zalure. Has higher Techniques and MST than a HUmar. Also great in offline solo. Has a unique claw animation.

Both are hawt. <3 There, a venn diagram for you. :wacko:

psofan219
Feb 4, 2009, 02:21 PM
I would say the HUnewearl. It's true that the benefits the android brings are good (see/set your own traps, HP-regen, and in this case, higher ATA/EVP + unique animations, as stated above), you can take care of the trap problem by bringing Trap Vision with you and carrying a gun. You get TP, which, as you already pointed out, allows you to heal and cast techs (very handy when in Ultimate), not to mention you get TP-regen, which will allow you to cast those helpful Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure techniques. I personally use a combo of Deband/Jellen, for the defensive switch.

CafeTomas
Feb 4, 2009, 03:12 PM
Hmm, good points guys. I think I might just go with HUnewearl. Thanks!

Splash
Feb 4, 2009, 06:11 PM
Has a unique claw animation.
It's the same one as all other classes have, except some other characters.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 4, 2009, 07:18 PM
It's the same one as all other females have.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. ^^;

Splash
Feb 5, 2009, 01:18 PM
Compare HUmar and HUnewearl. Then compare HUnewearl and HUcast.

Vanzazikon
Feb 5, 2009, 02:16 PM
HUmars and HUcasts have the same claw animation, they're both different than a HUnewearls. I did compare a RAcaseal to a HUnewearl and they had the same claw animation. However, a HUcaseal's claw animation is different from both of them. I don't know about a RAmarl, FOmarl or FOnewearl.

Splash
Feb 5, 2009, 04:34 PM
I know for a fact that RAmarl and HUcaseal have the same claw animation. My memory is off for HUmar and HUnewearl but I remember someone showing me that the HUmar and HUnewearl were the same. I'm going to have to do that again.

EDIT: They do look different.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=404

MeruAmura
Feb 17, 2009, 03:47 AM
I love both Newearl and Caseal but id vote Neweral. In a Hard fight with Barbry Ray the ONLY keeping me alive at the end was the TP regen + resta. No offence to Cast hp regen its just not fast enough in those life or death moments + the ATP/DEF up and down spells are priceless

Genoa
Feb 18, 2009, 07:18 PM
If you're soloing, I would vote HUnewearl. She's much more self-reliant. HUcaseal is pretty decent at solo, but she lacks a high HP and DFP, which so does HUnewearl, but there isn't any S/D/J/Z/R/A coming from HUcaseal.
I prefer HUcaseal because if you play your traps right, you'll find you don't really get hit very often. Usually I play enemies against each other with confuse traps. If they're gathered close I will use a Freeze Trap and swing a Charge Calibur or something with good mult-hit. I block like crazy with HUcaseal ;) She's quite impressive with evasion.
And her Accuracy is a huge plus over HUnewearl.

Getting to know how to play techs right isn't too difficult, but learning how to strategically use your traps at an optimum level is a bit more difficult, but you can definitely see a big difference in gameplay. Traps also explode exceptionally faster on Ultimate and have a LARGE Area of Effect. So if you've tried CAST before and weren't all that impressed with Traps, you have to try them on Ultimate. Practically twice as fast at detonating and twice the range.
I also recommend that CASTs have some sort of HP stealing ranged weapon with hit. Some say Gush mechguns, but I find that the cool-down on mechguns usually leave you open for a hit, defeating your stolen HP. It's much easier to sneak a Gush in with a handgun.
Rangers can do well with a Gush rifle, but can get away with the slowness of a Gush shotgun.

HUnewearl and HUcaseal are extremely different characters. So if you get used to one and try the other, prepare for a huge difference in hunter game-play.