PDA

View Full Version : PSO Online vs. Offline

psofan219
Feb 4, 2009, 12:45 PM
I didn't exactly know which thread to put this question under, so I decided to make a new one for it. Sorry about that, by the way. My question is, I noticed that when looking at the drop charts, that there's no way to tell if they're online only or not. Some I can tell because there's a link that says "Back to Holiday Rappy Drops" and that tells me it's online only. I know there are some items that are online only, and what I'd like to ask is, is there some possible way to ID which weapons are online only? If there's already a way, please do tell me. I don't want you guys to do anything that you feel is unnecessary here, and I know it's a bit much to ask, but I think that it would help for people like me (who can't play their GC online) to know which items are only obtainable online. Thanks, and sorry once again. I know it sounds like a huge request, but I feel that it would help the community for those who cannot access online play. Thanks again.

Vanzazikon
Feb 4, 2009, 12:54 PM
If the item shows which Section ID you can get it from, you can get it offline as well. Paganini items, such as Blue-Black stone, is only obtainable online because gallon shop is an online quest. Of course, all BB items are online only. If you're playing PSO-GC non plus, some weapons, such as Demonic Fork, would be online only because there isn't a Tower quest and Ill Gills are tower monsters.

psofan219
Feb 4, 2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks... I feel so stupid now. But is there a way to tell if it's from Paganini or not, that's what I'd like to know. I don't think some items list if it's online only.

Vanzazikon
Feb 4, 2009, 01:10 PM
Paganini (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=307)

Here's all Paganini's items. Just check if the item you're looking at is in here and then you'd know if it's a Paganini item or not.

Ketchup345
Feb 4, 2009, 01:43 PM
There may be a few enemy drops that are not available offline. Luckily this is limited to a handful of enemies in a certain part of Episode 2. Note this only applies if you do not have PSO+.

psofan219
Feb 4, 2009, 02:08 PM
Do you think you could possibly provide a list, if it's not too much to ask? I do not own PSO+, so I take it that what you said applies to me. I'm just trying to scratch out the items that are online only for the GC so I don't waste time trying to hunt for them when I can't even get them in the first place. I play PSO Ep. 1 & 2.

Vanzazikon
Feb 4, 2009, 03:02 PM
I know Demonic Fork and Nei's Claw are weapons you'd only get from a Ill Gill, which isn't available offline for the regular version of PSOGC. I'll find more.

Ryna
Feb 4, 2009, 08:37 PM
The main item listing for the PSO Item Database lists all of the rare items that are available for all versions. This causes some complications since a weapon may only be available in online mode for Version 2, but can be obtained in offline mode for Gamecube. The database also doesn't distinguish between Episode 1 and 2 and Plus. That causes complications for a few other items.

The change you are proposing doesn't work too well with the current database design. The easiest solution would be just to create a guide.

psofan219
Feb 5, 2009, 07:40 PM
Okay, thanks for the suggestion Ryna. I think I will... who wants to help me? I don't know why I didn't think of that myself actually... thanks for the suggestion once again.

SStrikerR
Feb 5, 2009, 08:40 PM
If I have the time I'll try to compile a list of what things can or can not be obtained in PSO non-plus. Of course, I will probably miss a few, so..yeah.