PDA

View Full Version : NA Phantasy Star Portable demo now on PSN

Risingsun
Feb 5, 2009, 09:20 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/05/psn-thursday-burnout-hockey-and-baseball-oh-my/
if you look on the bottom of the page, an english version of the demo just went up today for download. You can download it directly from your psp if you want, the PS3, or even from your pc.

Mike
Feb 5, 2009, 09:34 PM
It is indeed. SoA goes and pulls another rabbit out of their hat. If things keep going this way, it's very possible that PSP will have download content!

Edit: You should probably submit this to PSOW as news.

Tyreek
Feb 5, 2009, 09:34 PM
Let's see if the US demo is worth my 10 minutes.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Feb 5, 2009, 10:15 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/05/psn-thursday-burnout-hockey-and-baseball-oh-my/
if you look on the bottom of the page, an english version of the demo just went up today for download. You can download it directly from your psp if you want, the PS3, or even from your pc.
I was asking about this the other day.
This comforting news has made my day. :)

Mike
Feb 5, 2009, 10:27 PM
I'm kind of surprised Ruby hasn't said anything yet. I was going to check the Sega blogs but they seem to be down as of this posting. The availability of the demo makes me wonder if the English copy will be able to import English demo data. I haven't tried the US demo yet so I can't compare it to the Japanese demo but it seems like there's a possibility.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 5, 2009, 10:35 PM
50% Downloading!

Risingsun
Feb 5, 2009, 10:47 PM
I'm kind of surprised Ruby hasn't said anything yet. I was going to check the Sega blogs but they seem to be down as of this posting. The availability of the demo makes me wonder if the English copy will be able to import English demo data. I haven't tried the US demo yet so I can't compare it to the Japanese demo but it seems like there's a possibility.

I just finished the story demo, and it said you can transfer data to the final game.

-In general im pleased with the Demo. The voice acting is inoffensive and i think they improved the tutorials a bit for this version.

Mike
Feb 5, 2009, 10:53 PM
I just finished the story demo, and it said you can transfer data to the final game.
This is good news. It sounds like it's just an English translation of the Japense demo. There was a lot of stuff to do in that demo though.

Voice acting!? I thought they were going to take out the voices. Maybe just the voices for player characters...

Dragwind
Feb 5, 2009, 11:26 PM
Woo, download finished. Can't wait to go multiplayer this weekend. :wacko:

mvffin
Feb 5, 2009, 11:36 PM
what firmware is required to run it?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 5, 2009, 11:45 PM
5.01 is what the JP one needed, haven't tried running this one yet but I doubt it's changed.

Mike
Feb 5, 2009, 11:55 PM
5.01? The Japanese one needed 3.95

beatrixkiddo
Feb 5, 2009, 11:58 PM
Er, must have been thinking about something else!

Now that I remember it, I had to upgrade from 3.71 to 4.0something, so yeah, sounds right.

mvffin
Feb 6, 2009, 12:05 AM
How do I download it on PC? There's nothing to click to download it, but it says that its available to download. >_<

beatrixkiddo
Feb 6, 2009, 12:09 AM
Yeah I never found a link on the site... I just ended up downloading it to my PS3, then I'll slap it onto my PSP.

I might copy it to my PC to store, so if anyone wants I could upload it somewhere (provided that's er, on the up-and-up (it IS a free demo!))

mvffin
Feb 6, 2009, 12:27 AM
the jp demo was free too, but ppl were still uptight about it.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 6, 2009, 02:08 AM
For anyone who hasn't gotten a chance to play it yet, they gave the cutscenes voices! :O (Awful voice actors, mind you, but it's better than nothing. :lol:)

Zarode
Feb 6, 2009, 02:45 AM
(Awful voice actors, mind you, but it's better than nothing. :lol:)

The voice acting is fine. :| It's about the same quality as the JP version. And no, otaku/japanophiles, JP voices are not superior. They are squeaky and annoying.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 6, 2009, 02:52 AM
The voice acting is fine. :|

Well, lemme rephraise. I found Vivienne's VA to be quite decent. Mina is awful, Laia is okay, and Helga's is a little...off, don'tcha thing?

Oh, and question tiem: Did the Pannon's in the JP demo drop the Pannon Madog? Because I found 2 of them while hunting a Pannon Cannon/farming Mark III's. Oh, Ranger by the way.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Feb 6, 2009, 04:03 AM
Well, lemme rephraise. I found Vivienne's VA to be quite decent. Mina is awful, Laia is okay, and Helga's is a little...off, don'tcha thing?

Oh, and question tiem: Did the Pannon's in the JP demo drop the Pannon Madog? Because I found 2 of them while hunting a Pannon Cannon/farming Mark III's. Oh, Ranger by the way.
They did actually.
I didn't really farm for them, I uh. >> Died a couple of times. Those explosions caught me off guard.^^;

I really have to say though, I'm pretty impressed with the US Demo. I was expecting everything to be half-assed, which thankfully, wasn't the case. The English text is small, but still readable (I couldn't fit my entire name in the JP Ver. Thanks to this.. Well. I did.)
If the actual game is like the JP one (In terms of download content, and the ability to actually obtain it), then I'm definitely picking this one up.
My only gripe.. Is the voice acting. XD Which is just horrible.
Other than that, yeah. Good game.

bonez2
Feb 6, 2009, 04:04 AM
wer can i download the english demo

Farrmark
Feb 6, 2009, 05:23 AM
I've just got my hands on the demo after creating a US account to download it.

I always found PSU too fiddly after PSO, this seems to have a nicer balance about it. Granted I've only played about 5 minutes so far!!

Weeaboolits
Feb 6, 2009, 07:32 AM
I'm not seeing a download link here, and seeing as my wireless is on the fritz, my PSP can't access, I guess I won't be playing the translated demo yet.

Silent_gig
Feb 6, 2009, 09:05 AM
Anyone wanna play online Via Ad-hoc party (on PS3), im lvl 3 i wanna experience online with this game!
Add me on MSN [email protected]

Amherst_Wind
Feb 6, 2009, 09:19 AM
Oh wow, nice one Sega, this should help game sales!
I guess given the original release date then a demo at this point would have been about right timewise, but since they moved the date forward I thought they wouldnt bother with a demo.

Neith
Feb 6, 2009, 09:55 AM
Well, I had to jump through flaming hoops to get a download link (why the need for middle-man programs, Sony?). Then I found out it wasn't on the EU store, so I had to go make a US account >_>

Downloading now though- going to import the game when it releases.

hel yeh for not having to read moonrunes in Story Mode :wacko: Must learn hiragana at some point :lol:

waluigi1
Feb 6, 2009, 10:10 AM
Anyone wanna play online Via Ad-hoc party (on PS3), im lvl 3 i wanna experience online with this game!
Add me on MSN [email protected]

I have been looking everywhere on how to do this...so...how do you do it? ?_?

Raekwon™
Feb 6, 2009, 10:25 AM
Yes! I'm finally going to understand something in this demo :D

Silent_gig
Feb 6, 2009, 10:37 AM
I have been looking everywhere on how to do this...so...how do you do it? ?_?

I added you on Aim, ill guide you through it - when you get online

Akaimizu
Feb 6, 2009, 10:38 AM
Er, must have been thinking about something else!

Now that I remember it, I had to upgrade from 3.71 to 4.0something, so yeah, sounds right.

Awesome. I already have firmware 4.01 so I guess I'm good.

Neith
Feb 6, 2009, 11:42 AM
Whether I was unlucky on the JP version or not I don't know, but I've seen a few drops that I didn't on the JP version:
- One-piece Swimwear from Lv1 Delsaban
- Men's Swimwear from Lv4? Sendillan
- Bikini Swimwear (Male >_>) from Lv1 Pannon

Never saw those drop on the JP demo. Also, Mina's voice irritates me. While the rest of the voice acting isn't amazing, it's good enough. When creating a character, check out the voices too- there's some spoken words (assuming they're the 'missing' voices on PC PSU).

Shame, hearing my Caseal say 'It ends...' when I SUV is pretty cool :wacko:

Akaimizu
Feb 6, 2009, 11:48 AM
They dropped also in the JP version. I have yet to play the US demo yet, but I got those drops from the demo as well.

Can't say I was lucky though. Tynselle could hardly wear any of them.

Neith
Feb 6, 2009, 12:13 PM
They dropped also in the JP version. I have yet to play the US demo yet, but I got those drops from the demo as well.

Can't say I was lucky though. Tynselle could hardly wear any of them.

Wow, that's odd. I got multiple characters to 20 on the demo, and did story with all of them- never saw those drops :lol: Oh well, nothing to see here :wacko:

Farrmark
Feb 6, 2009, 12:30 PM
I got a One Piece Swimwear from almost the first thing I fought :)

Shame I was almost at De Ragan when my battery died :(

Arika
Feb 6, 2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah I never found a link on the site... I just ended up downloading it to my PS3, then I'll slap it onto my PSP.

I might copy it to my PC to store, so if anyone wants I could upload it somewhere (provided that's er, on the up-and-up (it IS a free demo!))

/action : *is waiting*

Raekwon™
Feb 6, 2009, 12:58 PM
If we start a character in the US demo, will it be possible to start the complete US game in march with that same character? :)

Weeaboolits
Feb 6, 2009, 01:12 PM
So can someone post a link to the actual download page? Sony's pissing me off.

Amherst_Wind
Feb 6, 2009, 01:18 PM
If we start a character in the US demo, will it be possible to start the complete US game in march with that same character? :)

Yeah, thats how it works.

So can someone post a link to the actual download page? Sony's pissing me off.

This is a download from the Playstation Store so I'm pretty sure your PSP will need to be linked either to the PC PSN Store Download Manager or a PS3 to get it.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 6, 2009, 01:25 PM

http://i43.tinypic.com/10y3mt4.jpg

mummite
Feb 6, 2009, 01:28 PM
Can you play the demo online using the PS3 to tunnel through for online play? or is it local multi-player only? I love the game, but have no one to play with :(

Amherst_Wind
Feb 6, 2009, 01:31 PM
Can you play the demo online using the PS3 to tunnel through for online play? or is it local multi-player only? I love the game, but have no one to play with :(

You can if you download the JP app 'Adhoc Party' from the JP Playstation Store. Then you just need a wireless PS3 that is connected via ethernet.

mummite
Feb 6, 2009, 01:52 PM
Ok, good to know now I need to find a way to create a Japanese PSN account to DL Adhoc Party for PSN. I know that Adhoc party is coming stateside, but not sure when? I am guessing around the release of monster hunter freedom unite. BTW how easy is it to meet up and play using Adhoc party? have you had good success with it?

Amherst_Wind
Feb 6, 2009, 02:15 PM
I haven't used AdHoc Party myself, I used X-Link but mainly because the initial release of AdHoc Party didnt support PS Portable but it does now. As far as I can see you just open the app and then you join a group of people or make your own group. While you're in the group in AdHoc Party the PSP treats it like they're right next to you. You can name your group so finding people shouldnt be a problem.

waluigi1
Feb 6, 2009, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know who plays Laia on the English version? I looked it up and couldn't find it anywhere...It sounds kind of like Rukia from Bleach...

MaverickCast
Feb 6, 2009, 02:32 PM
hi guys, can somebody post a link to where i can download the PSP demo. i went to the Playstation website to try and download the demo but i couldn't find it, and yes i have an account.

Raekwon™
Feb 6, 2009, 02:43 PM

Excellent thank you guys ;)

Raekwon™
Feb 6, 2009, 02:53 PM
Damn, it won't work on my psp, it says "the game couldn't be started"...

I don't understand why, the japanese demo perfectly worked :(

Amherst_Wind
Feb 6, 2009, 03:01 PM
Damn, it won't work on my psp, it says "the game couldn't be started"...

I don't understand why, the japanese demo perfectly worked :(

Where did you download the demo from?

MaverickCast
Feb 6, 2009, 03:08 PM
where did u guys find the demo cuz i cant find it on the playstaion store website

beatrixkiddo
Feb 6, 2009, 03:09 PM
I got it from PS3 playstation store, and it's working fine.

Raekwon™
Feb 6, 2009, 03:15 PM
Where did you download the demo from?
On the pstore directly with my psp...

MaverickCast
Feb 6, 2009, 03:16 PM
im using a pc...can some one plz tell me how to download it that way

beatrixkiddo
Feb 6, 2009, 03:20 PM
You have to connect your PSP to your PC and use the Media Manager software, apparently.

gorbitron
Feb 6, 2009, 03:29 PM
I've spent about 4 hours with the demo. So far, I'm really happy with all the differences from PSU. I've gotten crazy amounts of rare drops already, so transferring this save to the retail version is gonna rock. I've got my Cast to level 20 Hunter level 5.

The only "weird" thing I've gotten so far is men's formalwear. I'm a Cast, so I can't wear it, but I'd love to know what it looks like. Some of the drops are cool, but some I don't get at all, like the double saber that shoots hearts everywhere. I don't remember the name, cause I don't have my PSP handy.

I'm gonna keep running De Ragan for items, so if I find anything else cool, I'll post it here.

MaverickCast
Feb 6, 2009, 04:29 PM
cool thx beatrixkiddo i will try that

MrPOW
Feb 6, 2009, 06:08 PM
Has anyone tried playing multiplayer via the PS3 and Ad-Hoc Party? Has there been anyone on? I might give it a try later.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 6, 2009, 07:41 PM
Can you even use the JP Ad-Hoc on the US demo?

Amherst_Wind
Feb 6, 2009, 07:45 PM
Has anyone tried playing multiplayer via the PS3 and Ad-Hoc Party? Has there been anyone on? I might give it a try later.

I've connected it up but I've had nobody to test it with, ad-hoc party is pretty huge, the chance of just running into another English PS Portable user is slim, you'd have to organise it.

MrPOW
Feb 6, 2009, 08:59 PM
Can you even use the JP Ad-Hoc on the US demo?

Yes, but the region types have to match up. US/JP wouldn't work.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 6, 2009, 09:37 PM
Hmm...I may just make a japanese account to try it out.

TheBestUserOnTheSite
Feb 6, 2009, 09:37 PM
Ugh, I have 4.01 m33-2 and the demo just refuses to run. I also tried to upgrade to 5.00 m33-6 but no good.

Tyrulz
Feb 6, 2009, 11:37 PM
yo im having the same prob with my psp, i went to 5.00 m33-6 and it wont work

Mike
Feb 7, 2009, 12:05 AM
Then you aren't doing something right. However this is not the place for discussing what you did right or wrong.

After jumping through hoops (though none quite as fired up as Neith's) I managaed to download the demo. It works just like the Japanese one did, except the X and O buttons are switched. I'll stick with the Japanese version though. Way too many hoops.

Akaimizu
Feb 7, 2009, 04:51 AM
Well, I've had no problems at all running with 5.0 m33-6. I grabbed mine from the PC playstation store connection. I would've gotten mine from the PSP playstation store connection but the PSN network must've been hit hard at the time. The download kept getting stopped due to timeout in the connectivity. Eventually, I was able to get the whole download and it installed on my PSP.

Pretty wild to see and hear everything in english. It does take a bit getting back used to the X and O buttons being swapped. I have to rethink that the controls are back to what they are on in PSU (US). However, after playing the japanese version so long, my mind is almost wired to connect a PSP in my hand and Phantasy Star Portable, to use the Japanese config. But I'll adjust.

Raekwon™
Feb 7, 2009, 07:28 AM
Looks like I'm not the only one to have problems with that demo :(

.newzero
Feb 7, 2009, 08:18 AM
If the demo does not work then try to set up your PSP to use your US based PSN account and register your psp to that account. After I did this the demo worked flawlessly. IMO it was a dumb descission from Sony to restrict a demo like that.

4x4eyes
Feb 7, 2009, 10:30 AM
The demo works fine for me. And I'm using a Japanese PSN account on my PSP.

Make sure that the demo is extracted to the "GAME" folder located on your memorystick at "ms0:/PSP/GAME"

For those running m33 5.00-6 firmware, go to recovery mode then go to "Configuration" and switch "Speed up ms access" to "ALWAYS". And be sure to crank up your CPU speed and XMB to speed to 333 as well.

Raekwon™
Feb 7, 2009, 10:40 AM
If the demo does not work then try to set up your PSP to use your US based PSN account and register your psp to that account. After I did this the demo worked flawlessly. IMO it was a dumb descission from Sony to restrict a demo like that.
I created a us account the same day the demo was released so I dont think the problem's here (if I had a euro psstore account I guess the demo wouldn't be available?)

The demo works fine for me. And I'm using a Japanese PSN account on my PSP.

Make sure that the demo is extracted to the "GAME" folder located on your memorystick at "ms0:/PSP/GAME"

For those running m33 5.00-6 firmware, go to recovery mode then go to "Configuration" and switch "Speed up ms access" to "ALWAYS". And be sure to crank up your CPU speed and XMB to speed to 333 as well.
I did all that and still, the japanese works perfect and the US one doesn't, says error 80010013

Thanks anyway guys, I guess I'll just have to wait for the official release in march :(

Mizumi323
Feb 7, 2009, 11:00 AM
Does anyone know if their are only 3 missions in the online part of the demo or not? Because
I've done all 3 and no new ones are appearing. ^^;

Amherst_Wind
Feb 7, 2009, 11:28 AM
The demo only contains Plains Overlord C and B, Eco Protection C and Train Rescue C and B.
You'll have to wait for the rest of the missions, though there are a few things to look for and achieve in the demo levels. :)

T_Esquire
Feb 7, 2009, 11:43 AM
I don't get all the problems with downloading and running the demo. I downloaded it directly off the PSP PS Store portal. As for arranging an Adhoc Party get together I suggest Wheel J Card 50, seems that's where the majority of Monster Hunter Freedom 2 players with Adhoc Party congregate so there's a good chance to run into English speaking people there. Hope to see some people there as all I see are Monster Hunter 'houses' set up there.

Raekwon™
Feb 7, 2009, 11:55 AM
That's because you're in the US with a US PSP and a US account and everything else :D

For us poor europeans sometimes there are some problems :D

Anyway, for those who had problems too, here is a decrypted version of this US demo, works perfect for me :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AI6WLA29

Mizumi323
Feb 7, 2009, 12:04 PM
The demo only contains Plains Overlord C and B, Eco Protection C and Train Rescue C and B.
You'll have to wait for the rest of the missions, though there are a few things to look for and achieve in the demo levels. :)

ah ok^^ ty

mvffin
Feb 7, 2009, 12:48 PM
I keep getting error 80010087, with my 5.00 M33 on a JP PSP. = \

Raekwon™
Feb 7, 2009, 12:53 PM
With the version I posted?

MonkeyButter
Feb 7, 2009, 06:53 PM
somebody needs to start a game, ive been waiting for leader for 20 minutes

StanleyPain
Feb 7, 2009, 10:14 PM
How do you get Eco Protection? All I'm getting is Plains Overlord and Train Rescue.

DaedNite
Feb 8, 2009, 12:26 AM
The demo was really good. I finished it in its entirety. You have access to 3 Zones. The first 2 give you access to the B rank (20+) however you are level capped at 20, classes are capped at 5, and lastly abilities at 10. There are some B rank items as well. I wish the game had infrastructure mode but I digress. The story will take all of 15 minutes to finish mostly because of the tutorials. The multi-player is where the meat and potatoes of this demo is. It took about 7 hours to finish the demo.

All in all it looks good. Especially if you have a PSP and a few friends to play with.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 8, 2009, 12:38 AM
Skills are capped at 11 for Hunters, so you can get the second part of the combo ;3

trogoldito
Feb 8, 2009, 12:47 AM
That's because you're in the US with a US PSP and a US account and everything else :D

Anyway, for those who had problems too, here is a decrypted version of this US demo, works perfect for me :)

Spent many hours trying to find a way to make it run. This worked perfectly for me though. I really appreciate this.

mvffin
Feb 8, 2009, 02:13 AM
With the version I posted?

Oh, I didnt even seee that. @_@ Downloading now.

Raekwon™
Feb 8, 2009, 06:01 AM
Spent many hours trying to find a way to make it run. This worked perfectly for me though. I really appreciate this.
You're welcome ;)

Mike
Feb 8, 2009, 06:09 AM

Good show :) Unecrypted is the way it should have been delivered in the first place.

waluigi1
Feb 8, 2009, 09:29 AM
In PSU, weren't they called Madoogs? Cause I got the Koltova one last night and it said Koltova Madog...?

Amherst_Wind
Feb 8, 2009, 09:41 AM
In PSU, weren't they called Madoogs? Cause I got the Koltova one last night and it said Koltova Madog...?

In English PSU servers they were never even referred to as Madoogs, they were localized as Technic Combat Support Machines (TCSMs)... ¬_¬
Madog/Madoog same thing, its just how its been translated. Just be thankful its not 'Koltova TCSM'.

T_Esquire
Feb 8, 2009, 12:51 PM
Eco Protection is impossible to S as of the Demo. You need the goggles to break certain debris to get at chests which spark enemy spawns nearby. I just did it and killed everything I could and only got an A.

Append: Also, I went to Adhoc Party J1-50 and formed a party. One member kept having trouble even joining. Might be important to open the remote play port on your routers (9293 in both protocols) as well as enable UPnP. Just a thought.

Amherst_Wind
Feb 8, 2009, 12:59 PM
Eco Protection is impossible to S as of the Demo. You need the goggles to break certain debris to get at chests which spark enemy spawns nearby. I just did it and killed everything I could and only got an A.

Oh I remember that from the JP trial, you can get S as long as you have something to shoot the boxes behind the debris, shooting them causes the enemies to appear, then you just shoot them to kill them. Just bring a handgun or slicer or something.

60Hz
Feb 8, 2009, 03:20 PM
wahoo its fun!

Chabo
Feb 8, 2009, 09:55 PM
played the demo for a while and got so much that i have no room in my inventory to put anythings else in^^;, i love scavenging for rare stuff and lately not much has been dropping:-(. but i just really dont like that we cant get into out rooms and use the storage and chage into the formalwears i keep picking up.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 8, 2009, 11:27 PM
Well they wouldn't make any money if you could do all the fun stuff on the demo, would they? ;)

D14BL0
Feb 9, 2009, 12:10 AM
played the demo for a while and got so much that i have no room in my inventory to put anythings else in^^;, i love scavenging for rare stuff and lately not much has been dropping:-(. but i just really dont like that we cant get into out rooms and use the storage and chage into the formalwears i keep picking up.

Start grinding your weapons. The more you max yourself out early on, the easier it'll be to level up in the future.

Trust me, even though you can "complete" the demo is a few hours, you can still max out the stats of a lot of other stuff in the meantime to prepare for the full version.

Mike
Feb 9, 2009, 12:46 AM
Indeed. Looking for Kubara knockoffs (which are pretty powerful in the demo) and Crea weapons should keep you busy until the full version comes out.

Dymalos
Feb 9, 2009, 04:15 AM
I quit PSU early 2008 because of frustrations with the synthesis system. But I'm totally digging PSP. It's exactly like PSU but more PSOey...

So I've got designs on being an Acromaster come release. Started a Beast Ranger for the demo, so far I've capped out all six elements on Handguns, Twin Handguns, and Machineguns got to 10 on the basic PAs for Saber, Twin Sabers, and Knuckles.

I just have a few questions...

I have found a 5* whip as well as 3* Vahra claws, which I've set aside. But is it possible to score any more of the Melee weapons that Acro's specialize in?

I've found a Twin Handguc which has great Att but very little PP; I know in PSU these Kubaras really grinded out fanstastically, but given the randomness of the grinds in PSP, would it be worth taking to 10?

Finally, I left PSU prior to these TCSM and RCSMs. So I have no idea what they're for beyond some occasional added damage when used with 1h melee weapons and wands. Are there PAs for these?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 9, 2009, 04:32 AM
TCSM is just a wand for your other hand, so it uses TECHNICs.

RCSM fires on its own and does status effects, no PA.

Mike
Feb 9, 2009, 04:37 AM
I've found a Twin Handguc which has great Att but very little PP; I know in PSU these Kubaras really grinded out fanstastically, but given the randomness of the grinds in PSP, would it be worth taking to 10?
For the demo, yes! Oh, but you're a ranger. If you can't use any of the A rank guns you can get in the demo then the Handguc is nice. You'll never have the same PP as an on-brand weapon though.

Nobby
Feb 9, 2009, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know where I can download the Eboot for this demo? I wish to install it on my girlfriend's PSP 3000 but we are unable to find a link through UK PSN.

Mike
Feb 9, 2009, 08:20 AM
Does anyone know where I can download the Eboot for this demo? I wish to install it on my girlfriend's PSP 3000 but we are unable to find a link through UK PSN.
Read the post. There's a link and other information about what those in Europe have to do.

Dymalos
Feb 9, 2009, 08:28 AM
For the demo, yes! Oh, but you're a ranger. If you can't use any of the A rank guns you can get in the demo then the Handguc is nice. You'll never have the same PP as an on-brand weapon though.

That's for sure I grinded the Twin Handguc to 10 and wasn't able to break 300 PP, it's attack is about 50 points higher than a base Bulletmaster but at the cost of 450 PP.

Dymalos
Feb 9, 2009, 08:31 AM
Sweet, I just scored 2 rappy runs in a row. Netted 3x Fans and 1 Tipplets. Now with the Slicer PA out of the way I'm pretty confident I've maxed every bullet and skill that I could equip as a Ranger and would be relevent to an Acromaster.

Mizumi323
Feb 9, 2009, 09:42 AM
I just got some rappies and got a tippy, fan, and rappy mode :D

Darion
Feb 9, 2009, 10:15 AM
Played the demo up to level 20. Getting a new chip so I can make a new chr. Don't want to delete the one I have. Typeing with a psp is a pain. On a side note the demo's weapon upgrade has a glich. I'm at level 8 for one of my weapons and still no chance of breaking. I'm going to fully use the till the full game comes out. Also does anyone have a list of drops for the portable yet?

Dymalos
Feb 9, 2009, 10:41 AM
Hey Darion don't buy a whole new Memory Stick, just transfer your current save file to your computer.

Weapons can't break through grinding in PSP. You should check the PSP section of the PSUPedia for a drop list.

Amherst_Wind
Feb 9, 2009, 10:44 AM
Dont forget about getting Play Achievements, you can perform the tasks in the demo and as soon as you go to your room in the full game, you will get the Achievement and you can pick up the reward! Looking at the list I think these ones should be possible in the trial...

De Ragan Slayer
Defeat De Ragan five times. Reward = Burn / Resist
Super Rookie
Defeat 100 monsters. Reward = Laser Pannon
Super Ace
Defeat 500 monsters. Reward = Din De Bel
Super Elite
Defeat 1000 monsters. Reward = Sacred Dusters
Super Hero
Defeat 10000 monsters. Reward = Bringer Rifle
Tease of the Battlefield
Complete three free missions. Reward = Amore Rose
Up-and-Comer
Complete 10 free missions. Reward = Samba Maracas
Noticed as #1
Complete 25 free missions. Reward = Ank Bico
Next Presidential Candidate
Complete 50 free missions. Reward = Dallgunrod
GUARDIANS' Ultimate Weapon
Complete 100 free missions. Reward = Robopitch Grenade
Rookie Guardian
Reach LV1. Reward = Goggles
Young Guardian
Reach LV10. Reward = Grinder x10
Hot-blooded Guardian
Reach LV20. Reward = Grinder x10
Angry Warrior
Reach Hunter LV5. Reward = Gravity Strike
Quiet Hunter
Reach Ranger LV5. Reward = Penetrating Hit
Shining Virtues
Reach Force LV5. Reward = Regrant
Mobile Police Force Member
Clear Chapter 1. Reward = Resta
I Would Die for the Maiden
Get incapacitated 100 times. Reward = Okikudohg
Crusher
Inflict 300+ damage. Reward = Final Impact
Berserker
Inflict 600+ damage. Reward = Lollipop
Not the Only Hero
Play a co-op game in multi-mode. Reward = Rappy Suit

Wow... thats a lot actually, obviously you'll only be able to get one of the 'Hunter, Ranger or Force Lv5' Achievements in the demo.

T_Esquire
Feb 9, 2009, 10:56 AM
Sounds like we need to hit Adhoc Party alot before March.

Dymalos
Feb 9, 2009, 11:15 AM
I've got another question... sorry.

But I've noticed that it's not possible to drop items, does that apply to release as well?

I'm sure that it probably has something to do with the save file making it incredibly easy to dupe if droping to trade were possible.

Aslo PSUPedia says the following:

"While in a party for wireless multiplayer, if a rare item is collected, it will be distributed to all party members."

Does this mean what I think it means?

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2009, 11:39 AM
It probably does. Check the end of this topic.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157871

I explain a lot of the main differences between PSU and PSP, along with some PSP-specific things.

There is no method of trading, but rares are distributed to everybody. There's also some newly implemented aspects of how item drops are affected by party-leader. Some to avoid cheating and duping, other aspects to increase comraderie in grouping while removing any reward for an ill-repute leader for kicking party members before the mission is over, to gain drops. What this means for partying and hunting stuff is interesting. I basically try to sum it up in that thread.

T_Esquire
Feb 9, 2009, 11:45 AM
Yes, it means what you think it means. Whenever a rare item is picked up EVERYONE gets a copy. This means nothing is sacred in regards to rare drops. No more need to be all uppity, though, as this was the only logical answer in the regard. The whole reason to cheat in multiplayer games is to get stuff other people have that you don't. Take that elitism away and the desire to cheat vanishes. Additionally, being able to share your cool new weapon with friends helps keep squabbling to a minimum.

Dymalos
Feb 9, 2009, 11:51 AM
That was a very helpful post, thank you.

waluigi1
Feb 9, 2009, 01:27 PM
I have a question...Is there still a common box in the real game? So if I find some force stuff I can give it to my force later?

One more...Can you transfer more than one character over to the real game? If I make multiple characters and save them on my comp, can I transfer them all over to the real game?

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2009, 01:36 PM
No common box. Basically, if you are currently playing a force (or you're just looking for force stuff), it's best to hunt missions while a force (even if it is yourself) is the leader. As with the link I posted in my earlier post....drops are affected by what the leader of the party is. That is, if the leader is of a certain class, the drops are more likely to be items usable by that class. Of course, other items will drop, but it increases the percentage of what kind of items you'll find in the run.

So yeah. Any items, weapons, and stuff have to be gained by that character. On the other hand, the provisions are set to be a lot less up to completely random, to find them. Thus a bit less work involved in hunting stuff (which come pre-made, mind you).

waluigi1
Feb 9, 2009, 01:47 PM
That kinda sucks...What about my other question? Can you transfer more than one character over to the real game?

Darion
Feb 9, 2009, 03:10 PM
Rare Weapons:
Frying Pan Set: Sweat find brings back memories. Location: Found in box after killing B rank De Ragon.
Twin Bouquests: Twin flower swords. Weak damage but causes love effect(?) on enemies. (They fight for you for a short time) Location: Level 30 sword uesers on train.
Vahra Claws: Do you need a explanation for who drop's this? Makes Vahra sound attacks when sticking.
ARMOR:
Green Green Lime: Great armor. Don't remember where I got it. But I know I was under level 20.
Tero/Wall: + 50 DEF & + 40 EVA. Same as before but I was level 20 .
I Hope this helps someone out there. From now on I'm going to keep track of when, where & what drop's items so I can post more here.

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2009, 03:23 PM
That kinda sucks...What about my other question? Can you transfer more than one character over to the real game?

I haven't tried it, but I don't see why not. Given the Japanese version, the interface and what you select to transfer looks like it would allow up to your 4 save slots of transferred characters, at a time.

Haruhila
Feb 9, 2009, 03:32 PM
I thought Sega was disabling any features that involved PSU in the US release?

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2009, 04:04 PM
That's probably true. However, the transfer is not for PSU transfers. At least not what I was talking about. I was talking about Demo character to Full version transfers.

Chabo
Feb 9, 2009, 05:35 PM
Darion do you know if there are any other rare weapons in the game cause i have gotten more than that but i have never seen the frying pan set and i just wanted to know if there is more for me to find.

Also is there a way to download Adhoc to my psp from the comp or do i have to register for the japanese psn, cause i keep trying to make one but i keep getting some error in japonese and cant read what it wants me to do^^;.

Chuck_Norris
Feb 9, 2009, 06:00 PM
Twin Bouquests: Twin flower swords. Weak damage but causes love effect(?) on enemies. (They fight for you for a short time)

Actually no, that's wrong. The Bouquet's have the Charm effect, which makes them attack you and only you untill the SE wears off.

T_Esquire
Feb 9, 2009, 06:26 PM
The only error I can think of with registering a Japanese PSN could be that the username you were picking is already taken, not surprising given how long PSN has been active. Need to get a bit more creative there. And remember, the Japanese PSN takes into account PSNs from other countries so no taking Narutard if you've seen someone you know with that in the US.

Chabo
Feb 9, 2009, 06:36 PM
well im not sure what i did but i thought i had everything, it gives me the error at the part were you put in the email and password

Dymalos
Feb 9, 2009, 06:42 PM
The first line is your email, the second is your password, and the third is to confirm your password.

Make sure you haven't already used that email to register anoter PSN ID.

Chabo
Feb 9, 2009, 06:50 PM
ill try a different email again and see what happens

D14BL0
Feb 10, 2009, 12:49 AM

If you mean from the demo to the full version, no. You can only create one character at a time. Unless you install the game to a second stick and leveled up two characters, and transferred the savedata after you transferred one, that's a possibility, but that's a little convoluted.

fighgunners
Feb 10, 2009, 04:30 PM
Is it just me, or am I the only one who is annoyed at Nav's new voice actor? He doesn't sound anything like V1 voice.

Amherst_Wind
Feb 10, 2009, 05:05 PM
Is it just me, or am I the only one who is annoyed at Nav's new voice actor? He doesn't sound anything like V1 voice.

It's just you... PSU had some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard, the more characters they replace the better.

T_Esquire
Feb 10, 2009, 05:11 PM
I wasn't bothered by Nav's voice. Sounded appropriately old. Laia and Vivienne, though, irked me. I'm loathe to hear the rest of the cast choices. Though, to be brutally honest, I'd rather the Japanese voices with English subtitles.

Dragwind
Feb 10, 2009, 05:33 PM
I still prefer Nav's older voice actor, but the new one doesn't bother me too much. I've actually liked the few character voice overs we've been able to see thus far...except for one. Laia. In my opinion, it sounds like the voice actor is trying too hard to be enthusiastic.

T_Esquire
Feb 10, 2009, 05:57 PM
My problem is she sounds too tough. I can see a little toughness but she sounds like she's butch now. Laia's never been butch from what I've seen in PSU.

waluigi1
Feb 10, 2009, 07:03 PM
Anybody wanna play on Ad-hoc Party? We should name an official pso-world lobby.

SammaeltheDark
Feb 10, 2009, 07:05 PM
My problem is she sounds too tough.
She sounded like that in the Japanese versions. Though sometimes I do hear the US VA trying a bit too hard, for the most part she is spot on

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 10, 2009, 08:48 PM
yea im game waluigi

S4CT4L1TY
Feb 10, 2009, 09:16 PM
or anyone else that wants to give it a whack

Chabo
Feb 10, 2009, 10:14 PM
does the japanese version come with adhoc. cause i have them both and i think i saw it in the japanese version but im not sure, and i dont know what it looks like so i dont know if i have it for my english version(wich i would much rather prefer to play on)

T_Esquire
Feb 10, 2009, 11:44 PM
I suggest I1-8 as the official PSO World Ad Hoc server, to go in line with the official servers for PSO and PSU (assuming I'm reading the banner right).

Jepp027
Feb 11, 2009, 12:10 AM
awesome i am so there, already on pre-order.

Arika
Feb 11, 2009, 12:15 AM
I download from the one that bea upload
but then when I play it say copyright is invalid

beatrixkiddo
Feb 11, 2009, 12:23 AM
Weird... might be because I installed it from my PS3 instead of getting it directly from PC to PSP?

Arika
Feb 11, 2009, 12:39 AM
Do you have a raw file pre-install?

Mike
Feb 11, 2009, 12:40 AM
Did you try Raekwon™'s upload?

Arika
Feb 11, 2009, 12:58 AM
Did you try Raekwon™'s upload?

no? I tried bea upload.
Do u have link for it?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 11, 2009, 01:04 AM

Here it is.

Arika
Feb 11, 2009, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by Raekwon™ http://www.pso-world.com/forums/images/mira-bluegray/buttons_blue/viewpost.gif (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2248546#post2248546)
That's because you're in the US with a US PSP and a US account and everything else :grin:

For us poor europeans sometimes there are some problems :grin:

Anyway, for those who had problems too, here is a decrypted version of this US demo, works perfect for me :smile:

oh, I never knew that!, I guess I shouldn't have bought EU version!! since i had a choice to choose :/

Raekwon™
Feb 11, 2009, 06:06 AM
It's ok man, there are always solutions :)

Arika
Feb 11, 2009, 09:34 AM
complete download, it has file NPUH-90023.cso size 267 Mb.

the put the whole folder into PSP/GAME
but my PSP read it as corrupt data D:

In another note, I played JP demo fine, and it is not .cso file,(there are 2 files in JP demo, .pbp and .fbp) do you think that matter?

Moreover, the Playstation store on EU doesn't has PSP -,-
do anybody know if there is a way to change my account to US region instead?

(I made a new account sign in as US, but then when I want to log in playstation store, it say "you can't log in with another Email address"

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 11, 2009, 11:26 AM
You could try deactivating that profile (I assume it's EU one) from your PSP. I can't connect to a wireless spot right now, so I'm not sure the steps to do so on the actual PSP.

Once you do that, you should be able to sign in with a new US-based PSN ID. However, you will be locked out on content on your memory stick from EU store (until you reactivate your EU PSN ID).

If you have a PS3, the steps are a little (in my opinion) easier. I can download content on my HK or JPN PSN ID. I can then transfer it to my PSP. When I load the content for the first time, the PSP will tell me it's deactivating the current ID and replacing it the HK or JPN ID. Then I can access that content. When I want to return to my actual region's ID, I just have to load some content from that region and it deactivates the JPN or HK ID and reactivates my US ID. I've done this about a dozen times, so I'm not aware of a particular limit on activations(Though I've heard it actually is 5 times).

Chabo
Feb 11, 2009, 04:12 PM
so..... does the jp demo come with adhoc or not? i realy want to use it but not sure were to get it.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 11, 2009, 05:02 PM
The JP demo is ad-hoc only too.

Arika, since you bought a EU PSP you probably can't play the eboot version because of region (my link) or the cso because you don't have hacked firmware (but we can't talk about that here)

Chabo
Feb 11, 2009, 06:49 PM
does the adhoc i downloaded with the jp version work for the u.s version. and how do i get it working

Mixfortune
Feb 11, 2009, 07:17 PM
If you mean from the demo to the full version, no. You can only create one character at a time. Unless you install the game to a second stick and leveled up two characters, and transferred the savedata after you transferred one, that's a possibility, but that's a little convoluted.
You will be able to transfer multiple characters from the demo to the full version despite only being able to have one character allowed at a time. It involves transferring the save file of your first demo character to your computer, which you'd likely be doing to create a second demo character in the first place.

When the full version comes out, when you transfer you save your character to one of the eight save slots. So you can transfer the first to your Phantasy Star Portable main save file, then move the second character from your computer and repeat the process, except of course you'd save that character do a different slot.

I'm just curious as to whether the US and JP full versions will be compatible with each other as far as multiplay goes.

Clunker
Feb 11, 2009, 10:43 PM
Has anyone tried loading the JP Demo's save data in the US Demo's save area, using a PC?
If so, does the US demo recognize it?

Lonigan
Feb 11, 2009, 11:46 PM
Has anyone tried loading the JP Demo's save data in the US Demo's save area, using a PC?

Tried, gives me a 'no save data found' type message...

D14BL0
Feb 12, 2009, 12:12 AM
complete download, it has file NPUH-90023.cso size 267 Mb.

the put the whole folder into PSP/GAME
but my PSP read it as corrupt data D:

In another note, I played JP demo fine, and it is not .cso file,(there are 2 files in JP demo, .pbp and .fbp) do you think that matter?

Moreover, the Playstation store on EU doesn't has PSP -,-
do anybody know if there is a way to change my account to US region instead?

(I made a new account sign in as US, but then when I want to log in playstation store, it say "you can't log in with another Email address"

.cso is a compressed .iso file. You'll need to convert it from .cso to .iso for it to run (PhSP is one of the few games I've seen that doesn't run properly as a .cso).

It also requires custom firmware. As mentioned earlier, that can't be discussed, but Google is your friend (http://tinyurl.com/c34fnr).

They're not compatible, unfortunately. Somebody needs to develop a tool that'll convert a character from EN to JP. :(

Arika
Feb 12, 2009, 01:45 AM
Well, my PSP version is 3000 which can't be hacked yet, I assume I can't play it since I registered as EU then (what a huge mistake)
so just a little question tho, in JP demo, all the story message has voice including in it. Do US one has voice?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 12, 2009, 01:48 AM
Yes, it does :D

Also, since when has region locking even worked on PSP?

If you registered your PSP on the Playstation Store as EU, maybe format your memory stick? (Back up saves though)

Arika
Feb 12, 2009, 02:04 AM
So everything is saved on mem card? there is no data save in PSP then?

Dymalos
Feb 12, 2009, 05:37 AM
Couldn't you just make a new PSN account from your PC and fake being from the U.S.? I was able to completely falsify a JP PSN account on my PS3 in order to download Ad Hoc Party, but I could have just as easily created the JP account on my PC.

Raekwon™
Feb 12, 2009, 06:00 AM
Well, my PSP version is 3000 which can't be hacked yet, I assume I can't play it since I registered as EU then (what a huge mistake)
so just a little question tho, in JP demo, all the story message has voice including in it. Do US one has voice?
Sorry Akira but the version I posted is for custom firmwares only :(

Amherst_Wind
Feb 12, 2009, 08:56 AM

Converting a JP save to a US save is pretty easy and it works just fine, I've done it myself with the trial (converting JP trial save to US trial save). You just need a CFW so you can use a plugin to save the data in an unencrypted format, then switch around a few files and voila, your JP save works with the US game!

Karsh420
Feb 12, 2009, 01:41 PM
Hello, I downloaded the us demo from the ps store on my ps3 and copied it to my mem card with no problems, everything works fine.

In the demo i made a female Cast Ranger. Ive reached lvl 20 and im working on lvlin all my bullets to 11. i completed all the multi-mode lvls. All i did was connect to my wireless router and made a party by myself and played solo in multi mode >.>

but anyway as for drops so far ive got

2x Formalwears black&wwhite and black&brown(colors)
many B rank Wire gloves, one of which is 44% Light, so i kept it, sold the others
many B rank rifles, shooters
a B rank line shield Megaline that has 50% Fire :)
a B rank line shield Teroline with 10% Lightning :(
Terro/Wall
C rank Twin Harrisen fans 45% Light
A rank Frying Pan with only 3%Fire :(
2x A rank Death Dancers one 30%ice other 2% Fire
B rank Bouquet 8% Dark
C rank shotty Ryukadanoh
A rank Twin Handgun: Bulletmaster, which im grinding, have it to 6 so far
B rank handgun: Beatgun
Found a C Vahra claw 32%lightning
B rank Spearc 44% Fire :)
47% Dark Twin Harrisen fans :)
Found 2 B rank Shottys: Shigga Amza from grass assassins

oh and 2 A ranks Hanzo's, but the % were so poor i npc'd em

thats all so far, im running de ragan runs to get more stuff, ill edit this post whenever i find something new
Oh and i am a pso vet from DC and GCN

and i play PSU on 360 currently, my GT: RaouldukeHT

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 12, 2009, 02:58 PM
I just got my Cast (Guy) to level 20, 5 Hunter. I'm surprised at how much fun I'm having with this considering I logged 1000+ hours on PSU and AotI. Can't wait to start Protansing, I hear they got a nice buff with equips in this version.

Chabo
Feb 12, 2009, 04:44 PM
sorry for all the posts i have been putting on for adhoc but i have been trying so hard to finally get it working and i cant tell if it is working or not. it doesnt give me any errors, but it doesnt seem like it is working since after i go to internet settingts and adhoc auto then try to join a game nothing pops up. so if any one can help me with this id be really greatful, me and my friend have been wanting to join parties online for a while.

Syanaide
Feb 12, 2009, 05:21 PM
Wait, Formalwear is in the demo? Where does it drop?

D14BL0
Feb 12, 2009, 05:54 PM
Wait, Formalwear is in the demo? Where does it drop?

I've picked it up on all three maps, so it looks like it drops everywhere. De Regan has dropped it twice for me, and the others were just random mob drops.

Converting a JP save to a US save is pretty easy and it works just fine, I've done it myself with the trial (converting JP trial save to US trial save). You just need a CFW so you can use a plugin to save the data in an unencrypted format, then switch around a few files and voila, your JP save works with the US game!

Would you mind going into a little more detail? I'm really anxious to try this.

Jepp027
Feb 12, 2009, 07:25 PM
I have a PSP Fat, latest sfotware/firmware, the english download for the Phantasy Star Portable U.S for some odd reason refuses to run, it will say the game cannot be started, with the numerical error code. I tried the Megavideo link, it failed to help cause its just a .rar file and not in any folder, I also tried directly from my psp, it fails and from the media manager from my psp same thing. can someone please help me, or send me the file or directions on how they fixed it on the 5.0 M-33-6 or whatever firmware. Send me the download if you can its so frustrating, [email protected]

D14BL0
Feb 12, 2009, 07:36 PM
I have a PSP Fat, latest sfotware/firmware, the english download for the Phantasy Star Portable U.S for some odd reason refuses to run, it will say the game cannot be started, with the numerical error code. I tried the Megavideo link, it failed to help cause its just a .rar file and not in any folder, I also tried directly from my psp, it fails and from the media manager from my psp same thing. can someone please help me, or send me the file or directions on how they fixed it on the 5.0 M-33-6 or whatever firmware. Send me the download if you can its so frustrating, [email protected]

The download contains the .rar file. .rar is a container folder, similar to .zip. You'll need WinRAR (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=WinRAR&l=1) to open it. Inside is a .cso file, which is a compressed .iso file. You'll need a program to decompress the file (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=CSO+to+ISO+converter&l=1) to transform it to a pure .iso file, which your PSP can read.

T_Esquire
Feb 12, 2009, 08:38 PM
I was wondering if I1-8 was accepted as the Ad Hoc Server for PSO World. I haven't been there yet but was thinking of heading over for a game or two now that I've maxed my levels and debuff techs.

Melissa805
Feb 12, 2009, 08:45 PM
I do not know if this is just me or not but I tryed the demo for this not only dose it seem like a complete waste of time sence I have psu and they are the same thing exept portable is of coarse not as good because its on a portable system. But I can look aside from all these things because lets say I am on a trip or somthing and I miss my psu. I tryed finding and making a group on here and I was waiting for people waited a hole 5 hours before giving up and I know I had everything correct too.

Jepp027
Feb 12, 2009, 08:54 PM
The download contains the .rar file. .rar is a container folder, similar to .zip. You'll need WinRAR (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=WinRAR&l=1) to open it. Inside is a .cso file, which is a compressed .iso file. You'll need a program to decompress the file (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=CSO+to+ISO+converter&l=1) to transform it to a pure .iso file, which your PSP can read.

I did not know that, that makes more sense I will try that. Thanks for the tip D14BL0

T_Esquire
Feb 12, 2009, 10:12 PM
Sorry to hear that Melissa. Sadly, unless Ad Hoc Party is localized there's really not much to do, not everyone is going to bother trying to figure out how to work with it.

Mike
Feb 12, 2009, 10:34 PM
But I can look aside from all these things because lets say I am on a trip or somthing and I miss my psu.
That was a painful read but this sentence is right. PSU isn't exactly portable so if you want it to take it on the road with you, PSP is the way to go. It's also got some new weapons and neat stuff that isn't found in PSU. And if you can't get on PSU at all (like me) then PSP is a nice alternative.

Tiger_Katsune
Feb 13, 2009, 12:57 AM
do you ever get to go to your room to store things in this demo...?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 13, 2009, 01:00 AM
No My Room in the demo.

Tiger_Katsune
Feb 13, 2009, 01:32 AM
nooooooooo i have formal wear & i cant even wear it? or sell it? =;-;=

Sol_B4dguy
Feb 13, 2009, 08:51 AM
I have the same problem. -_- Guess we just gotta wait until March.

Jepp027
Feb 13, 2009, 09:36 AM

Okay I did that, now its a whopping 412 MB pure ISO file, now what folder do I put this in?

Jepp027
Feb 13, 2009, 10:36 AM
I put that ISO in the ISO folder, no sub folders. It shows up but still gets the same error, "The Game Could Not Be Started: 80010013", I am about ready to give up. I have come to the conclusion you need CFW which I dont have unless there is another way.

panzer_unit
Feb 13, 2009, 11:12 AM
On my Ranger I found:
Bulletmaster (de ragan)
a lot of Koltova Madogs (p.o.)
Green Green Line (p.o.)
a couple Machinegucs (t.r.)
a couple Shigga Amzas (t.r.)
Shigga Stam (Train Rescue boss boxes)
Ascalon (De Ragan boss boxes)
Hikai disc
Teroline
Tero/Wall
Jellen
Zodeel

On my fighter so far:
Hanzo (de ragan)
Beamgun (de ragan)
Teroline (de ragan)
6* whip (Train Rescue boss boxes)
two Halva Tornades (6* awesome new spear)
a couple Swordocs (t.r.)
a couple Spearcs (p.o.)
Daggac (p.o.)
Longboc (p.o.)
Hikai disc
Jellen disc

I've spent all my grinders so far on the Halfa Rafagga and the better Halva Tornade... lol my Human hunter isn't strong enough to use Hanzo even at 20/5, so I'm hoping to find some Ice or Earth Swordocs and see what they're like at +10, they've got high ATP already but really crap PP.

Arika
Feb 13, 2009, 11:24 AM
I reset my default setting and now I set my PSP to be US this time xD
(downloading PSP demo)

Akaimizu
Feb 13, 2009, 12:52 PM
Good for finding the Bulletmaster from the De Ragan run. I believe that's the best you can find in the demo for the Japanese copy, as well. About...7 stars, if I'm right.

Syanaide
Feb 13, 2009, 12:57 PM
Just to confirm, there is still a common box, right? (In retail version)

Akaimizu
Feb 13, 2009, 01:25 PM
There is no common box. You can't share items between characters whether it is by trade or by common box. For the same reasons of trading, they could be easily exploitable by data faking a transfer that didn't remove it from another location.

So yeah, items you get *have* to be obtained from the NPC store or from the field. So for each character you play, it's important that if you aren't playing a class that has a specialty in the weapons (particularly secondary) you're looking for, or you're playing a class in which you have well levelled and want to hunt for weapons for a class you want to switch to; you'll want to party up with somebody of that class as leader for an increased percentage of drops for that class. Otherwise, you would want to switch to that class yourself and prepare that setup so you can solo for that stuff. Sure, it's possible to get the drop without switching....but since we have a programatic way of actually increasing chances for a drop, it makes sense to increase your chances.

Think of each character save as a completely different save file. Everything that saves is strictly for that one save file. There is no shared-between-all characters in same PSP folder data file to do a common box. What has been shared (at least in the Japanese version so far) is not character data but download missions and whatever they entail. Something that is linked from the lobby of the Guardian's Colony.

Syanaide
Feb 13, 2009, 01:33 PM
Bro, you should have just said "No."

T_Esquire
Feb 13, 2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah but then people would have asked for an explanation anyway. Why not kill two rappy with one Inferno Bullet?

Jepp027
Feb 13, 2009, 03:48 PM
Is there a setting on the PSP that can cause demos not to run properly, like the Clock speed and others located in the M33 VSH Menu? Error, "The game could not be started. (80010087) thats been my issue an I cant find a resolution. This is for the Phantasy Star Portable demo

For those who have this working on a PSP Fat with the 5.0 M33-6 firmware, what are your settings in the M33 Recovery Menu? (Holding down R while powering on device)

mario20061
Feb 13, 2009, 07:00 PM
can any 1 tell me if Noszonde drops in the demo , i check psupedia and it says it drops at Train Rescue. im a female newman lv 20 lv 5 force im i being just releay unlucky

Amherst_Wind
Feb 13, 2009, 07:07 PM
can any 1 tell me if Noszonde drops in the demo , i check psupedia and it says it drops at Train Rescue. im a female newman lv 20 lv 5 force im i being just releay unlucky

I seem to remember it dropping in the JP demo, it will only come from the boss boxes at the end of the mission though.

Dymalos
Feb 14, 2009, 09:47 PM
This has been bugging me for a few days now, I know that you can work your way toward the titles in the demo and then claim them once you get to your room in the full game. I'd like to know if I'll have the chance to store some things before i'm inundated with prizes?

I don't want to not recieve due to a lack of space, if that's the case I'll go ahead and shed alot of what I've been hoarding so far.

Mike
Feb 14, 2009, 10:26 PM
Of course you can. You'll get the titles when you enter your room for the first time but you only pick up your prizes when you select to through your PM's menu. So you can drop off all of the stuff you don't want in your bank then pick up all the prizes you earned.

aarosmashguy
Feb 15, 2009, 01:41 AM

hey I have that. It definitely dropped there on the demo. Probably just unlucky like me in finding "bulletmaster mechguns" from the de ragon. =(

NEVERMIND I JUST FOUND IT WOOOOO!!!

Raekwon™
Feb 15, 2009, 06:50 AM
For those who have this working on a PSP Fat with the 5.0 M33-6 firmware, what are your settings in the M33 Recovery Menu? (Holding down R while powering on device)
Look on the previous pages, I posted a working version of the demo for PSP's with CF :)

edit: here is the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AI6WLA29

Pyr0qvy
Feb 15, 2009, 04:01 PM
This demo is everything I expected it to be... I plan on buying the retail version.

Nicktendonick
Feb 18, 2009, 12:38 PM
I've been waiting for this demo to come to the us, but it seems like when I try to download the demo from the playstation store over my PSP, but it keeps on saying that I do not have enough room for the 272 MB demo. When I have at least 367 MB free. I have no clue what's causing the mixed signals

Does anybody have any clue what's going on?

panzer_unit
Feb 18, 2009, 02:09 PM
Copy all data off your memory card and reformat it from the system menu. I had to do the same thing for downloading R-Types. You can copy everything back afterwards.

Nicktendonick
Feb 19, 2009, 01:19 PM
thanks a million man. Got it running, and love it all over again

Shame I have to keep on doing this repeatingly to download multiple demos, after three it just gives that error again. Oh well, it's not that bad I guess, just annoying.

panzer_unit
Feb 19, 2009, 01:50 PM
Man, that must be a pain! Is your firmware up to date? Windows used to ask me if I wanted to fix the file system on my memory stick every time I connected my PSP in USB mode, but after updating firmware and reformatting the card the first time it stopped detecting errors.

Axispoint
Mar 2, 2009, 12:32 AM
Copy all data off your memory card and reformat it from the system menu. I had to do the same thing for downloading R-Types. You can copy everything back afterwards.

Hey thanks a bunch for this advice. I've had my card for years and never formatted it before, so I offloaded everything to my brother-in-law's computer and formatted, downloaded PSP, and then chucked my stuff back on (otherwise, if I put stuff back on and try to download, I got the not enough room message...I am curious if my Rockstar custom tracks, which show up as corrupted data on the system save data display, might be messing things up on that front, but I really have no clue, lol). I figured a format wouldn't hurt my memory stick considering how long I've had it, so two birds, one stone kind of stuff :) Thanks again!