PDA

View Full Version : Why is Stamina useful?

robinhood
Feb 5, 2009, 09:21 PM
Hm, if the main status effects to be avoided are freezing and sleeping, then why can't you just equip a freeze/resist when you're in a place that freezes and a sleep/resist when you're in a place that sleeps?

Wouldn't the rest of your stamina points be redundant at that point? I'm probably missing something here, but I'm just trying to understand.

Thanks.

HiroChicken
Feb 5, 2009, 10:21 PM
Stamina increases your resistance against all status effects while the Resist units prevent just one. So while the Resist units are really useful in some missions (Sleep/Resist in White Beast), other missions have multiple status effects in them. And if you are carrying one of each Resist unit, then that is taking up useful space in your inventory.

Tetsaru
Feb 5, 2009, 10:25 PM
Well yes, a lot of people tend to think that way - myself included. However, there are several important things to keep in mind:

1 - The mission you're doing may have multiple SE threats. Is it worth it to lug around multiple Resist units and switch them out as needed, or are the SE's weak enough to where they're not much of a threat, and can easily be healed with an Antimate, Sol Atomizer, or Reverser?

2 - Your armor may not have a body slot to equip a Resist unit, or is of too low grade to equip one.

3 - Some of the more vital Resist units (Sleep, Freeze, Stun, Vijeri) are often very expensive, or are not in good market circulation.

Personally, if I have a good knowledge of the area(s) I'm going to be doing, I equip a Resist unit that I think would best aid me. If there are no SE's prevalent, I usually go with a Rainbow unit to beef up my defenses. Also, if I'm a non-Cast character, I'll usually equip an HP or TP restoring unit in my extra slot, if possible, over a stamina boosting one.

kejen
Feb 5, 2009, 10:51 PM
There are all kinds of status effects that are just as nasty as sleep/freeze. Stun for one. Shock is very annoying, so is burn. But once you start running dark areas and get killed in 1 shot you will see why stamina is very important. And that resist isn't something you can pick up for a few mil in a player shop.

Also like he said, some areas have more than 1 status effect.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 5, 2009, 10:59 PM
SEED Express (Incapacitate, Freeze, Stun)
White Beast (Freeze, Sleep)

These are the only two missions with multiple important SEs present. Anything curable is not important, though for Lightning Beasts I bring Shock/Resist because there's no other SE to worry about, and you can easily burn through 20 Antimates due to shock from the Go Bajillas.

mvffin
Feb 5, 2009, 11:45 PM
Aren't there also some knockdown/knockback type things that can be prevented with higher STA?

beatrixkiddo
Feb 5, 2009, 11:48 PM
No. Only "status"es, and Incapacitate are affected by STA.

darkante
Feb 5, 2009, 11:59 PM
Aren't there also some knockdown/knockback type things that can be prevented with higher STA?

Higher defence and good element lines may decrease that effect.
But some just isnīt possible, i guess itīs to prevent from just rushing to things all the time. ;P

desturel
Feb 6, 2009, 02:40 AM
White Beast (Freeze, Sleep)

These are the only two missions with multiple important SEs present.

Not true. They are the only missions that people do that have multiple status effects, but not the only ones around that have multiple.

Flowery Pursuit (Sleep, Freeze, Stun)
Sakura Blast (Sleep, Freeze)
Dark Satellite
Seed Awakening
True Darkness
The Black Nest
The Dark God
Electric Brain

There are also the older missions that don't have high level creatures, but do have the multiple status effects.

Rainbow Beast
Holy Grounds
Forest Infiltration
Mad Beasts (have you forgotten Jarba have both freeze and incapacitate?)
Crimson Beast
Duel in the Ruins
Dual Sentinal
Lab Recovery
Desert Goliath (Bugs and Special ops = Sleep and Stun)
Endrum Remnants
etc

Basically any mission with:
Jarba
Rainbow Beast
Zamvapas
Seed Ardite
Komazli
Gol Dova (they only do stun, but I toss them in just because they can stun and confuse)

Special Ops (Kanohne) and Bees / Bomalta
Bysha type-Koh21 and Armed Servant (Ozuna) or Olgohmon
Deljaban and Gaozoran (less common now since they nerfed the original Hive missions), or even Bel Pannon of a sufficient level

Most of the missions prior to AotI were multiple element, multiple status effect missions. The AotI missions are much more "streamlined" in that many of them are single element, single status effect.

Lighting Beast gives us the lightning Jarba so newer players never know to fear Jarba at close range.

Caves of Ice give us Ice Bil De Vear which I have never had stun me after jumping on top of me.

Anyway, I'll repeat the first thing I said. There are missions with multiple disabling status effects. People just don't run them, or the creatures are too low level within the mission for them to actually be a threat (Unsafe Passage, Fight for Food?)

shookems
Feb 6, 2009, 02:49 AM
not to be nit picky but STA doesn't stand for stamina. It actually stands for status abnormality resistance.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 6, 2009, 02:53 AM
STA = SAR?

DreXxiN
Feb 6, 2009, 03:09 AM
I've never seen a Hard / Status Abnormality Resistance Item out there.

shookems
Feb 6, 2009, 01:14 PM
STA = SAR?

sta is short for status

I found out what it stood for by reading the manual, so im pretty sure its right.

Hrith
Feb 6, 2009, 01:35 PM
White Beast (Freeze, Sleep)God, you're missing so many. I'm amazed you posted something so stupid.

Electronic Brain has Freeze, Incapacitation and Stun.

SEED Awakened has Freeze, Stun and Incapacitation.

Even Scarred Planet or Lightning Beasts have Freeze and Stun.

Most missions in this game, whether PSU or AoI ones, have at least two hindering SEs, a lot have threes.

STA is a vital stat. I have always been aware of the extreme usefulness of STA, but going from Fortegunner to Gunmaster has been a shock -- no pun intended -- regarding the huge impact STA has on gameplay.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 6, 2009, 01:40 PM
God, you're missing so many. I'm amazed you posted something so stupid.

Electronic Brain has Freeze, Incapacitation and Stun.

SEED Awakened has Freeze, Stun and Incapacitation.

Even Scarred Planet or Lightning Beasts have Freeze and Stun.

Most missions in this game, whether PSU or AoI ones, have at least two hindering SEs, a lot have threes.

STA is a vital stat. I have always been aware of the extreme usefulness of STA, but going from Fortegunner to Gunmaster has been a shock -- no pun intended -- regarding the huge impact STA has on gameplay.

:3 STA sux

To be honest, I haven't played SEED Awakened since Freeze and Stun / Resist were released. SP and LB having Freeze and Stun is unimportant, as you never fight a Bal Soza alongside a Grass Assassin. But yes, with Ardites and Deljaban, Electronic Brain should be on my list with SEED Express.