PDA

View Full Version : Mail Lady

Kylie
Feb 6, 2009, 07:10 PM
Well, the mail lady in my area has always been scatter brained. She always gives mail out to the wrong people and misses deliveries. I guess that's what happened today because one of my packages that was supposed to be delivered today now says "delivery attempted" by it on the tracking thing, and I know I didn't just miss her because she delivered something else that I ordered by leaving it in front of the door earlier. I even waved at her after she left it and was walking away. >_> *sigh* I guess there's tomorrow.

Shadowpawn
Feb 6, 2009, 07:17 PM
I can relate to that. Last year I had to send my laptop in for a repair (the hard drive died on me while de-fragmenting. To this day I haven't attempt a de-fragmentation since) and was waiting for it to return. The day I was suppose to get it it didn't come, so I figured it was just late. Turns out the mailman delivered it to my next door neighbor, they knocked on the day later that night and gave me the box with my laptop inside.

I'm just thankful they were honest people and didn't steal it. :/

Inazuma
Feb 6, 2009, 07:26 PM
delivery attempted means there was no one home to sign for it. they may try to deliver it again tomorrow but more likely it will sit at the local post office for 5 days, before being sent back to sender.

Kylie
Feb 6, 2009, 07:41 PM
delivery attempted means there was no one home to sign for it. they may try to deliver it again tomorrow but more likely it will sit at the local post office for 5 days, before being sent back to sender.
and I know I didn't just miss her because she delivered something else that I ordered by leaving it in front of the door earlier. I even waved at her after she left it and was walking away.I'm pretty sure she just missed it or tried to deliver it to the wrong person. The order is still "in transit," so I don't think they'll send it back to the sender. Like I said, maybe I'll get it tomorrow.

The good thing about the USPS is that they still deliver on Saturdays.

Commodity
Feb 6, 2009, 08:06 PM
Typical femail man.

astuarlen
Feb 6, 2009, 09:18 PM
This is why I can't wait for the day I can stuff a package straight into my computer's face and e-mail it.
To be fair, I guess you have to figure the mail system works pretty well on most occasions, but I really notice when it fails. And our mailman thinks it's fun to withhold mail (oh, sure, we don't really NEED those bills; I mean, they're only addressed to this house). Yes, complaints have been filed. Now he likes to yank the door/front of the mail box off its hinges. Nice chap.

Sidney
Feb 7, 2009, 12:59 AM
Aww, that stinks. If it makes you feel better, one time, a pair of jeans I had ordered were delivered to the wrong home. The mail person read the address wrong. :( We tried to contact the household that received the jeans, but we never got an answer. So they basically stole my pants! :P Luckily, the company I ordered them from was nice enough to send me another pair for free.

Syl
Feb 7, 2009, 01:24 AM
I've gotten some guitar parts I ordered once all messed up because the mailman left the box out in the rain instead of at least putting it somewhere dry :/

Outrider
Feb 8, 2009, 09:44 AM
My apartment building is one of those buildings where every four apartments have their own entrance from outside, and those doors don't lock or anything. I ordered a PC tablet for my mom during Christmas, and one weekend I was sitting at the computer when I heard a thump against my front door. I go outside and see that the delivery guy had just dumped the box with the tablet against the door. That was what he was supposed to do, but I realized how bad of an idea it is to leave packages outside my door when anybody can just walk right into the building and take them. I always have packages delivered to my parents' apartment now, since you need a key to get into the building and in the 23 years I was living there I don't remember anybody ever stealing a package from in front of our door. The worst thing is my roommate was waiting for a package his parents had overnighted to him for his birthday and it hasn't shown up - of course, we figure somebody just snatched it from in front of our door.

I'm sorry Kylie, that was, uh.... that was only tangentially related.

I DID have one of my paychecks get returned to the payroll office because they said they couldn't find the address. I thought this was weird since all previous paychecks and the paycheck after that one made it to my mailbox without any problem.

I really need to set up direct deposit...

Shadowpawn
Feb 8, 2009, 11:03 AM
I really need to set up direct deposit...

I'm surprised your job didn't force you to get direct deposit. The last job I had did just that.

Outrider
Feb 8, 2009, 12:13 PM
I'm surprised your job didn't force you to get direct deposit. The last job I had did just that.

Well, they offered to help me set it up when I started, but at the time I was planning on switching banks, so I figured I would do it then.

Then I never ended up switching banks, and I just haven't gotten around to setting it up yet.

Kylie
Feb 8, 2009, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry Kylie, that was, uh.... that was only tangentially related.No problem. :-P

By the way, I got the package yesterday. I'm still not sure what happened, but at least I didn't have to wait long.