PDA

View Full Version : telepipe trick?

Jebus
Feb 10, 2003, 02:04 PM
what does the telepipe trick do? and how do i do it?

Nintense
Feb 10, 2003, 03:09 PM
It allows you to easily find rare enemies (they have a high chance of dropping a decent item). Find a room with a good number of the enemy you want, and then telepipe back to pioneer 2, back to the surface, back to pioneer 2, etc. until you find the rare enemy you seek. This only works offline.

See, everytime you pipe back up to pioneer 2 and then back down to ragol, the monster types reset. If you do find a rare monster, don't die or telepipe away, or else it'll be gone when you come back and you'll have to start all over again.

For example, if you're looking of a pal rappy, you could go to the fake in yellow quest and perform the TP trick in one of the rooms with a high number of rappies.

kagero
Feb 10, 2003, 04:59 PM
does this only work in single player mode? or can it also work in multi player mode?

Nintense
Feb 10, 2003, 05:21 PM
Yes, it works in multiplayer. How it works is that, whenever you play offline, the game does not save what guys have been generated, or how much damage they have taken when you telepipe back to pioneer 2. In multiplayer, you both must telepipe together, so it works the same way. When you're playing online, what types of guys have generated and how much damage they've taken is all stored online, so that everyone on the team sees the same thing, and everyone is able to telepipe separately. That's why it won't work online, it's all set in stone because enemy information is stored server-side.

Jebus
Feb 10, 2003, 06:41 PM
thank you very much, i shall use this trick often

Grifta
Feb 10, 2003, 06:59 PM
If you do find a rare monster, don't die...

Sorry, I just found that advice really funny ;D

kagero
Feb 10, 2003, 09:15 PM
does this only work in single player mode? or can it also work in multi player mode?

kagero
Feb 10, 2003, 09:19 PM
ooops stupid refresh button! lol, thanks for the info.

Wewt
Feb 10, 2003, 09:33 PM
On 2003-02-10 18:19, kagero wrote:
ooops stupid refresh button! lol, thanks for the info.

Speaking of refresh button, think of the telepipe as PSO's refresh button for monsters. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Nintense
Feb 10, 2003, 09:33 PM
I'll have you know that I was pipin for Mil Lilys in Temple, and two of them frickin' killed me!! You know how much it hurts to finally find one, and then have it Megid you to death?? And to have it happen twice in the same TP session?? hehehe In my defense, I swear I was half way into the other room when they managed to hit me with their magic barrier breaking megids ;p