PDA

View Full Version : JP/EN Compatibility?

D14BL0
Feb 7, 2009, 11:20 PM
Anybody know if the JP and EN versions can play multiplayer with each other? Wondering if I'll finally be able to play with a buddy who refuses to play the JP version.

Zantra
Feb 8, 2009, 02:35 PM
I'd think not, since most PlayStation Portable games tend to be region locked, when it comes to online play/ad-hoc, and the fact that it seems like JP PSP is different from the US version of PSP.

Zarode
Feb 8, 2009, 02:45 PM
Zantra is most likely right. And our version of PSP is vastly different from the JP version. Seems we won't be getting DLC. :(

D14BL0
Feb 8, 2009, 06:05 PM
Zantra is most likely right. And our version of PSP is vastly different from the JP version. Seems we won't be getting DLC. :(

I'm sure we'll get DLC, just nowhere near as much as the JP version.

I'm really torn between the two versions, really.

I like the JP version because I've already progressed pretty far, and it will have better support from SEGA. I like the EN version because I'd know what exactly my items are and would have better luck making my character better.

I'm hoping for one of two things to happen, assuming the two games aren't compatible with each other:

1) An English patch is finally released for the JP version, or

2) There would be some way to transfer my character back and forth between EN and JP.

Oh well. :-(