PDA

View Full Version : Luck over Power

Maelkith
Feb 10, 2003, 02:22 PM
i have tried something different lately that others may want to give a go. i have 2 god powers and 2 god lucks. the luck units seemed useless to me but make critical hits more likely. having power units doesnt yeild as much damage as you may think 100 atp should. what if you got an occasional critical hit instead of 30 more damage per hard hit. i decided to go for more critical damage than raw power.

luck units are now my unit of choice for ultimate ruins. felling delsabers with 1100 point hits is more than worth it. critical hits also seem to charge my photon meter faster. i was using pilla every 3 to 4 rooms instead of once per area. the critical hits also make my hucast more of the elite killing machine he is meant to be. ive spent alot of time in ultimate ruins and always got angry at del-d's getting huge criticals against me. now i can return those hits.

my team last night consisted of my 146 hucast and a 146 fonewearl. we breezed through ruins to falz with little effort. she kept me healed and shifted, i kept everyhing frozen and the floors bloody.

i almost want to remake my hucast with 100 luck.

Sakuraba
Feb 10, 2003, 04:39 PM
also, i think luck makes it so enemies get less critical hits on you

DemiPlat
Feb 10, 2003, 05:06 PM
Luck is way underrated, imo.

It is the one stat I maxed (to 100) on my RAmarl. She's lv157 now with 100 luck. Using God/Battle and a Final Impact with good % plus 100 luck is EVIL. That's five chances per hit for a critical hit, and since luck is 100, I can basically count on one of the 5 shots hitting for a critical. Or, about 3 criticals per 15-shots that come from a typical 3-hit-combo. It's AWESOME.

So much so, that I have already planned on maxing luck for my HUne, who I am actively leveling now.

Luck is the best stat, imo, to max out. I try to balance all the rest, but luck gives you a chance to score so much extra damage, reliably, that it really is better than POW, in certain ways.

Critical hits increase your PB meter, so yeah, the more luck, the faster you rebuild PB.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tigereye
Feb 10, 2003, 05:08 PM
Luck really shines when used in conjunction with double sabers, twin swords and mechs since they hit multiple times, thus increasing the chances of a critical hit. For instance, Rosara can score 1000+ damage on the Sil Dragon's head with a critical hit from a Charge Vulcan. With 9 shots per combo, combined with 100 luck (making about 1 in 3-4 attacks a critical hit), there's a good chance of doing a lot more damage than even the rarest items in the game. 3 special criticals already means 3000 damage. That's definitely nothing to laugh at.

DemiPlat
Feb 10, 2003, 05:12 PM
We have a way of bumping into each other, Tigereye, no matter what board we're at.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tigereye
Feb 10, 2003, 05:14 PM
Heh. Maybe I should post more here. On "you know where" I already have over 320 active posts.

MetalGriever
Feb 10, 2003, 05:16 PM
That's the main reason I'm holding off on giving ZEOTA anymore mats except luck mats. Though it seems oran sucks for luck mats >_<;; Maybe I'll have better luck with my HUcaseal who's Pinkal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MetalGriever on 2003-02-10 14:17 ]</font>

gallaugher
Feb 10, 2003, 05:17 PM
hmm...interesting idea. I was of the thinking that Luck had become over-rated. After reading this I think I was mistaken.
Tiger, see my profile if you're curious who I am.