PDA

View Full Version : Giresta

Silvx
Feb 11, 2009, 01:27 AM
Just got Giresta the other day and I found out it actually heals too <_<; (How I didn't notice before I don't know lol)

My Resta has been stuck at 17/18 mark forever, even healing whenever possible but Giresta just shot right up to 26 in a buff pt for - 20mins. Adding in it's HP Recovery, does it make Resta basically obsolete? Or is there some kind of trick to having the Recovery do it's full effect.

beatrixkiddo
Feb 11, 2009, 01:29 AM
Giresta takes longer to cast so it can't catch people as quickly as Resta. Also, if you use Giresta to heal you keep starting a new Giresta timer. If you let giresta's buff go for a little bit while being at full HP, the HP regen stores up.

Tsavo
Feb 11, 2009, 01:31 AM
Resta also has a wider range.

Bitzen
Feb 11, 2009, 01:47 AM
Giresta also eats up more pp, I believe.

tirith
Feb 11, 2009, 02:16 AM
up to you, as an AT i use girest all the time and haven't even finished leveling resta <i think the speed difference is not noticeable on an AT> and while i prefer supporting the group, if someone is out of the range of a lvl 41+ giresta then they can heal themselves =)

_Vyser_
Feb 11, 2009, 02:22 AM
It's basically an issue of pp cost and restarting the hp regen counter. I did notice that I've saved more people with resta than with giresta. There have been a few times where that second longer giresta took to cast could've saved someone.

NDW
Feb 11, 2009, 03:35 AM
Giresta also eats up more pp, I believe.

That's right.

As an Acrotecher with LV41+ Resta and Giresta, Resta costs 40PP and Giresta costs 80PP. So that means if you needed a TECHNIC just to heal, Resta clearly wins due to its range and half the PP of Giresta.

Silvx
Feb 11, 2009, 08:45 AM
Oh I see, so the HP Regen once it hits full hp stores up, that's why when I took a hit before I had multiple "+46" etc pop up. Any idea's on where to level Resta? XD

rayner
Feb 11, 2009, 08:48 AM
Oh I see, so the HP Regen once it hits full hp stores up, that's why when I took a hit before I had multiple "+46" etc pop up. Any idea's on where to level Resta? XD

Yeah, I usually cast Giresta with my Buffs... and Giresta when my PM or NPC dies... otherwise I use resta. If you cast Giresta again it will reset the "stored HP" so only use Gireta again if you see that you're not at MAX HP.

Chaos320
Feb 11, 2009, 08:56 AM
PP wise if your acro techer resta is the way to go.

If you look into the spells under the item database at 41+ giresta is 80pp per cast while resta is only 40pp.

I just recently started running a healer on my main char and its fun. Giresta has its benifits but for pp sake im just healing with resta and picking up dead people / buffing with giresta

stukasa
Feb 11, 2009, 11:24 AM
Use Giresta as a buff and revive tech, or at least don't use it every time (maybe once every few heals). It's more useful (and PP friendly) that way!

Calsetes
Feb 11, 2009, 11:38 AM
I have a somewhat quasi-related question - if you use one of those Tech range increasing units (think one is named Lumirus / Spread or so), does it increase the range of buffs and debuffs? I'm just curious because when I decide to start leveling random jobs and PAs, I'm probably going to need a LOT of work on my skills and an increase in range wouldn't be that bad an idea, especially for the debuffs.

darkante
Feb 11, 2009, 01:32 PM
Giresta is more of an buff and support, then for active help.
If Scape Dolls didnīt exist, Giresta would be a very appriciated technique.
And as they say, Resta is faster and less costy to use with longer range. So it easiely outperform itīs cousin.
But if you donīt feel like leveling Resta to a potent level, Giresta will do fine for healing as well.

desturel
Feb 11, 2009, 01:42 PM
Any idea's on where to level Resta? XD

In a party with 5 fighmasters fighting Magashi?
World of Illusion Alpha stage 10?
World of Illusion Beta Stage 6?

Of course there's the boring method which is go to Hill of Spores and stand on the smoke trap with two NPC and a bunch of wands.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 11, 2009, 03:15 PM
Use both Resta and Giresta.

As an AT, Giresta may not save someone from freeze/stun/sleep in time as it is slower. Resta is also better for healing your group when the are spread out, better range. Also resta first, before using reverser(if needed).

Hope this helps

Africa
Feb 11, 2009, 07:03 PM
I have a somewhat quasi-related question - if you use one of those Tech range increasing units (think one is named Lumirus / Spread or so), does it increase the range of buffs and debuffs? I'm just curious because when I decide to start leveling random jobs and PAs, I'm probably going to need a LOT of work on my skills and an increase in range wouldn't be that bad an idea, especially for the debuffs.

lumira / spread doesn't increase the range of buff/debuffs, just the base and ra-techs range.All any techer needs to level techs quicker is a har /quick or har/ smart because they let you cast faster.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 11, 2009, 07:18 PM
equip giresta on one rod or wand and use resta normally heals better and faster tryuse giresta after ever big mob is cleared or before you fight a big mob

Vent
Feb 12, 2009, 03:20 AM
Restarting the timer isn't a problem. If you need to heal someone in the first place, that means he used up all his stored HP. Restarting that timer with Giresta or healing him to full HP gets you basically the same. Except that you rebuff that person. Things get different if you hit someone with full HP though.

I have both Giresta and Resta in my palette (at the same 'time' too) as a MF. I use both of them.

stukasa
Feb 12, 2009, 11:26 AM
I have both Giresta and Resta in my palette (at the same 'time' too) as a MF. I use both of them.
Same here. I use Resta to heal myself during fights and Giresta to heal myself after the room is cleared.

desturel
Feb 12, 2009, 02:11 PM
Restarting the timer isn't a problem. If you need to heal someone in the first place, that means he used up all his stored HP. Restarting that timer with Giresta or healing him to full HP gets you basically the same.

Which is fine if you are running duo, but if you are in a group, you are resetting it for everyone who didn't get hit (including yourself incidentally).