PDA

View Full Version : Newman Hunter Tech damage potential?

Hero-Break
Feb 11, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hello, all I was wondering what kind of Tech damage Newman Hunters are able to do late game in VH mode. If any of you have high lv NH could you maybe mess around and see what its like? The reason why I ask because as of now my lv 68 Fomar is doing around 200-250 with 750 (with weapon) MST and lv 12 techs. I'm asking because unlike PSO's Fomar, PSZ's Fomar has no way to really crowd control with a melee weapon. The kitchen knife has a rather low damage out put and I was hoping to look for a class with a closer balance of Techs and melee (Since NH's get access to all of the swords). Thank you for all of you who reply.

Akaimizu
Feb 11, 2009, 12:20 PM
Well, some of the magical staffs have some pretty good melee specials that do pretty impressive damage to all in close proximity, but I see what you mean.

Take into consideration, the amazing amount of configurability you have with permanent stat boosters (well, permanent until you decide to use the item to reset your stat boosts).

Between mags and the stat boosts, you can make just about anything....well...except for the limitations of your class' weapon/armor access. What kind of mag was your formar using and how did you distribute your stat boosts?

Hero-Break
Feb 11, 2009, 01:53 PM
Mats are 25 Mind 25 Power (Eventually 75).

Mag stats: 25 Power, 25 Mind, 50 Dex.

Units: 2 Hero hits, 1 PP lv 3 regenerate .

So thats a total of 363 base MST and 259 base ATP on my lv 68 Fomar.

Although it is true that the PA's for certain staffs are pretty decent, overall your still doing way less damage with a staff weapon. On top of that most staffs have horrible ATA. The point of melee for my Fomar was to save PP, but if I have to rely on the Staff PA's then I'm not really saving PP and it would make much more sense for me just to use techs anyways in those situations.

The comparison I'm making is that my max grinded Kitchen Knife (Which is the best crowd control weapon they can use) only deals about 60-75 damage per hit where as my Techs are some where around 200-250 at lv 12, so in other words the gap will widen even more. Even with 50 or so more ATP from mats the damage from my KN weapon still wont go above 100 at my current lv. Sure Fomar's can do great melee damage to single targets or small groups with high ATP Double Sabers and Spears, but in large groups they still spend a large amount of PP casting techs because it's by far the most effective crowd control method they have.

Debuffs work like psu's debuffs and not pso's so they aren't really that effective at increasing your damage out put either. At SE lv 3(Max) Zalure only increases my attacks by 10-15 damage.

What I'm hoping in a NH is that I will be able to effectively crowd control with melee weapons (Besides swords, lot of the higher rarity sabers, spears and I think even daggers can hit extra targets) while still doing sold tech damage.

All I'm really asking if anyone who has a high lv NH can test the Tech damage they do late game.\

Again though, thank you Akaimizu for the reply!

TUSCAN
Feb 11, 2009, 01:58 PM
Akaimizu is right on the money with the stat materials. I think if you went full mind on a newman hunter your tech and melee damage would be very close, depending on the mag you decide to use. I have a full power HUnewm at lvl 89 and the tech damage just isn't a feasible method of attacking compafred to my melee damage. Add in photon arts and it's a no brainer. I think a tech using HUnewm is realistic, but you'd have to optimize every stat, percentage and weapon boost you possibly could.

xSHiNOx
Feb 11, 2009, 03:27 PM
dont bother making a newman hunter attack with techs. they arent that great with it. better than humans sure but not as good as a force

Kent
Feb 11, 2009, 10:43 PM
The comparison I'm making is that my max grinded Kitchen Knife (Which is the best crowd control weapon they can use) only deals about 60-75 damage per hit where as my Techs are some where around 200-250 at lv 12, so in other words the gap will widen even more. Even with 50 or so more ATP from mats the damage from my KN weapon still wont go above 100 at my current lv. Sure Fomar's can do great melee damage to single targets or small groups with high ATP Double Sabers and Spears, but in large groups they still spend a large amount of PP casting techs because it's by far the most effective crowd control method they have.

Debuffs work like psu's debuffs and not pso's so they aren't really that effective at increasing your damage out put either. At SE lv 3(Max) Zalure only increases my attacks by 10-15 damage.
Is that added 10-15 damage on that multi-target weapon? If so, that's something like a 20% damage increase, right there; but now I'm curious. Have you tried it with Shifta, and with Zalure+Shifta?

I haven't played Phantasy Star Zero, but I do know that in playing my FOmar in PSO, a combination of Shifta and Zalure (both at a pretty high level) could make quite a sizable difference in damage output - especially when it comes to high-defense enemies, such as in Ultimate mode.

Hero-Break
Feb 12, 2009, 12:25 PM
AN: I don't know how to bold, so for emphasis I will just put the words in caps, I'm not meaning to "yell"

Is that added 10-15 damage on that multi-target weapon? If so, that's something like a 20% damage increase, right there; but now I'm curious. Have you tried it with Shifta, and with Zalure+Shifta?

I haven't played Phantasy Star Zero, but I do know that in playing my FOmar in PSO, a combination of Shifta and Zalure (both at a pretty high level) could make quite a sizable difference in damage output - especially when it comes to high-defense enemies, such as in Ultimate mode.

Yes, thats on multi target weapon WITH shifta lv 12 (Which gives you the Max of SE lv 3). It's funny that the problem mostly stems from that fact that Shifta boosts both your physical and Magical damage out put. I got lucky last night and found myself a Foie/Rafoie lv 15. With my current 6* staff I'm doing around 250-275 damage with Rafoie where as my KN does at max 100-115 damage WITH SE lv 3 Zalure on Natives (It has like 30% to that type of enemy)

Yes in pso support techs are what made forces so good. Heck with shifta lv 30 and zalure lv 30 a Fomar had one of highest solo melee potential out of any class. In PSZ though it only seems to effect your damage output and not the enemy's DEF.

In regards to what xSHiNOx said: I am not hoping that a Newman hunter can do more tech damage than a Force, just that the NH can at least do enough tech damage to be effective. Even if they where to max out at around 200 damage for techs it still would make them effective for they hit ALWAYS hit a large amount of enemy's at long range with high lv SE's.

If you are comparing the max MST's (Weapons included) between a Fomar and Hunwearl it's something along the lines of 170 MST. That however is assuming you get a psycho wand which is extremely rare considering you have to do the ET quest (A 6 hour run) to find it. If you take the second best staff (which is a lot more realistic to find) it's somewhere around 135 MST difference). On the other hand a NH most powerful Rod can be found in many different places in VH mode. Granted Forces do have higher techs and FOmars have a 20% boost to the techs that a NH can use, but with nearly a potential of around 850-900 MST (With High lv weapons) it looks like a NH can do decent tech damage even in VH and they also can crowd control with high lv hunter weapons.