PDA

View Full Version : Beast Archer

PhantomPain
Feb 11, 2009, 10:16 PM
Is it possible to make a half way decent beast protranser who only uses longbows?

Zarode
Feb 11, 2009, 10:19 PM
Why would you do that?

PhantomPain
Feb 11, 2009, 10:23 PM
Only one reason....sheer bordom haha

darthplagis
Feb 11, 2009, 10:42 PM
simple answer.....

NO

x3mahalkita
Feb 11, 2009, 10:54 PM
I tried that once and didnt like what i saw. I wouldn't recomend doing that unless your bored.

Alnet
Feb 11, 2009, 11:53 PM
I'd advise against it. PT's weapon selection is too good to pigeonhole yourself into that situation.

ShouriShokkou
Feb 12, 2009, 12:48 AM
I love bows as much as the next guy, but you don't want to build your play style around a single weapon type. However, if you're really sure about pursuing this, make sure you have a /Hit unit to make up for Beasts' massive ATA deficit. You would not believe how much a Tero/Hit helps when trying to hit enemies with any weapon, especially one using a PA with less than 80% accuracy.

Also, you should always carry at least one melee weapon. You've got 6 palette slots and I doubt you'll need more than 4 bows for a single run. I'd go for knuckles or a spear, though a good saber wouldn't hurt either.

So yeah. Is making a Beast Bowtranser possible? Yes, and I've seen people pull it off quite nicely. Is it fun to play? Only if you like hours of boring gameplay and median neuropathy (carpal tunnel syndrome).

DreXxiN
Feb 12, 2009, 01:54 AM
Unfortunately this game isn't Diablo II and therefore, it isn't recommended that you try to be pro using just one weapon type.

XxAntMan215xX
Feb 12, 2009, 05:36 PM
man i have a beast protranser didnt specialize in bows but its wasnt so bad but hell i had a newman protranser to i mean try it after you get the hang of the class make a humna or cast protranser and once u hit about lvl 100 if u still like start over as a beast you pay to play how you want so screw what everyone else says.They want you to play how they play meaing they want you to be a jabroga spammin cast but if you want to be beast because you think its fun then go for it.